Multiplayer is the heart and soul of Battlefield, and Battlefield 3 delivers the best multiplayer experience in the series, with huge maps, lots of vehicles and weapons, and a deep persistence feature, there’s enough for many hours of gameplay. Follow the sections below for more in-depth details on Battlefield 3 multiplayer.

Battlefield 3 Game Modes

Battlefield 3 will support the classic Battlefield mode “Conquest”, in addition to Rush, Squad Rush, and Team Deathmatch.

Battlefield 3 Factions

Battlefield 3 features two main factions: USMC (United States Marine Corps), and Russian forces. Factions on Battlefield 3 will have faction specific weapons and unlocks.

Battlefield 3 Maps

Battlefield 3 features a wide variety of multiplayer maps, 9 maps in total, ranging from tight urban settings, to wide open battlefields.

Battlefield 3 Awards, Rewards

Battlefield 3 sports a ton of ribbons, medals, and other awards, including Xbox 360 achievements and PlayStation 3 trophies.

Battlefield 3 Point System

Battlefield 3′s multiplayer point system has received an overhaul, where team work is much more rewarded than before.

Battlefield 3 Platoons

Platoons are Battlefield 3′s answer to clans, where players can create and group together into different platoons via Battlelog.

Battlefield 3 Ranks

Battlefield 3 has over 45 ranks, each with several sub-ranks, spread out evenly with players being rewarded with unlocks and achievements each time they rank up.

Battlefield 3 Dog Tags

Battlefield 3 has an advanced dog tag feature where players can unlock dozens of different dog tags styles.

Battlefield 3 Statistics

Like previous Battlefield games, Battlefield 3 will feature detailed players statistics which are tracked via the new service Battlelog.

Battlefield 3 classes, weapons, and vehicles

Battlefield 3 multiplayer will feature a four classes with a wide selection of weapons and vehicles. For more information on weapons, classes and vehicles, please see the following pages:

Battlefield 3 general multiplayer tips

1. snacks
    November 12th, 2011 at 2:12 pm

why the fuck they didnt show me how to acess the dam code

2. descent815
    November 24th, 2011 at 4:05 am

I just purchased a used battlefield 3 game i put the code in and it said it was no good. Where do i have to ge to get a good code does anyone know? please help me i wanna play online but without that code im screwed!!!!

3. Dubliner107
    November 27th, 2011 at 7:29 pm

how do you connect to the online mode in battlefield three? i have entered the code thing but it still refuses to let me connect to any servers? anyone know how to get it up and running?

4. Jsjsja
    December 2nd, 2011 at 1:05 am

okay ive got trouble playing the multiplayer, coz the download is taking so long. soo im just gonna wait for couple of hours?

5. Jsjsja
    December 2nd, 2011 at 9:27 am

Pls reply!!

6. meinardo
    December 9th, 2011 at 12:56 am

Some guy says his 64 yrs old. Got news for you I am 81 and enjoy playing BF3!

7. UnbrandedRabbit
    December 13th, 2011 at 7:04 am

Can some one PLEASE tell me where I can report a team killer!?? Thank You!

8. Jialiang Hou
    December 24th, 2011 at 1:39 am

Is there BOT players in Battlefield 3 multiplayer?

9. Ucksa
    December 24th, 2011 at 9:31 am

Lol split screen is worth it every fps game should have split unless pc gamers

I am not a Bc Vet but i like this game and i have friends over my house all the time we play games and stuff and Split screen not in this game just made the multiplayer experiance for me go to hell

And for all u dumb people saying need more 12v12 SDFU learn stuff b4 you talk

Systems=shyt

Pc=Upgradable every month or 2

systems cant be upgrade untill a new system is out

so adding more people to the game would make it lagg and u couldnt even move so SDFU and quit Bc3 if its such a problem

Dice im looking forward to playing ur game but please add Split screen in the near furture would make this game 10x more fun for the people like me

10. COdy
    December 24th, 2011 at 12:40 pm

HI, can any one tell me how me and my brother can play multiplay together on live?

11. Yarcheeds
    December 30th, 2011 at 6:55 am

I wanna ask must I download Back to Karland or whatever add-on to play mutliplayer? Because it said that I am missing one of the DLCs for the game…..can anyone help me? Do i need to buy that add-on to play? Thanks for your help if answering me, I will meet you on the battlefield :D

12. BBBBEAAAASSSSSTTTTTT
    January 4th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I LIKE HELLO KITTY YYYYYEEEEEAAAAHHHHHH SOOOOO AMAZING

13. rats123
    January 9th, 2012 at 2:47 pm

when are they going to fix sniper rifle in karkand

14. joe
    January 11th, 2012 at 7:57 am

OK THIS IS A GRATE GAME BUT THEY NEED TO FIX THE MIC PROBLEM AND CONTROLLER PROBLEM ON THE PS3 IT IS ANNOYING PLEASE FIX ASAP AND IF ANY ONE KNOWS ABOUT WHEN IT WILL BE FIX PLEASE E-MAIL ME !!!

15. PSN ID: WarriorWulf7
    February 1st, 2012 at 1:24 am

I’m confused. With the faction weaponry. Is it that you would choose a faction at the beginning at only play as them? Or does it switch sides each round like in Bad Company 2? I got the game yesterday and haven’t gotten to use multiplayer yet.

16. SHANTO
    February 13th, 2012 at 3:17 am

I HAVE COMPLETE ALL MISSIONS IN SINGLEPLAYER.NOW I WANT TO PLAY IN MULTIPLAYER.BUT THERE IS NO OPTIONS IN MENU.CAN ANYONE TELL ME ABOUT THIS.

17. jack watson
    February 21st, 2012 at 5:26 pm

its a bit stupid having to pay to play

18. diego
    February 26th, 2012 at 7:22 pm

how do you get a new code for mf3

19. diego
    February 26th, 2012 at 7:23 pm

bf3*

20. PapaRatchet
    March 4th, 2012 at 12:10 am

They could’ve at least made the jet portion of the game more realistic. It’s only 4 jets, 2 of which aren’t even used as much as they put them out to be. (Frogfoot and Super Hornet). Yes, on the aircraft carrier-deployment maps, the F18 Hornet (the Navy’s primary fighter). Operation Firestorm should be an F22 map. Caspian should be an F15 map. Here’s how the RU counters should work out, based on comparison:

Kharg Island- F/A- 18/ MiG- 35
    Caspian Border- F15/ Su-35
    Operation Firestorm- F22/ PAK FA T-50
    Gulf of Oman and the other map in Back to Karkarand I can’t think of-
    F35/ PAK FA T-50

21. arturo
    March 26th, 2012 at 6:29 pm

i have a mic and would really like to chat with ppl but i dont know how. eny help on how to do it would be appreciated?

22. Edward Hennig
    June 24th, 2012 at 3:01 am

Why is it, when i shoot someone with the same gun and hit him first i die. or when i shoot someone with the spas shotgun and they do not die even after i hit them 3 or 4 times ,but they can hit me one time with a hangun and i am dead ,even at close range ???????

23. wjdsbc
    July 28th, 2012 at 1:18 pm

need a option to invert jets y-axis on ps3 bf3

24. ServusPecum
    September 10th, 2012 at 11:59 am

The designers made a big mistake by implementing a arcade ranking system like cod. To explain. There is no more honor in playing the game, so no more challenge. Furthermore they left out the commander, so the game does not make sense anymore.

The designers knew this up front, so it is a shame they ignored the comments of players before the release. They were so excited over the new graphics and felt the competion of Cod (for little children) and pushed the cod riduculous ranking in the game. a 100 Times high rank? What’s the use? The designers should be ashamed of themselves.

I did not buy the game for these reasons (saw my sun playing, but he also says good graphics, but no more strategic play).

25. Aliif
    December 11th, 2012 at 3:17 pm

SOMEONE HELP ME PLEASE!! When i play campaign, everythings normal. But when i play multiplayer, when im on foot, im nt able to see my guns or even shoot them. I can change weapons and see the aim, but i cant see what im holding or even shoot them. PLEASE HELP ME!!