The assault rifles in Battlefield 3 are widely expected to include most of the weapons from previous Battlefield games, with few new additions. Battlefield 3 assault rifles are spread across different varieties, main US and Russian made rifles. The main assault rifles in Battlefield 3 are:

M16A4

Battlefield 3 M16A2
The M16A3 has been featured in all Battlefield games since Battlefield 2, where it was the default assault rifle for the Assault class on the USMC side. The M16A4 is the main assault rifle for the US Assault class.

HK 416 / M416

Battlefield 3 HK 416
The HK 416 is an unlock in Battlefield 3 for the Assault class, and is unlocked early in the unlock-stage. The M16 can be unlocked by both the US and Russian forces in Battlefield 3.

FN2000 / F2000

Battlefield 3  FN2000
The F2000 (or FN2000) is an unlockable assault rifle for the Assault/Medic class in Battlefield 3, and is unlocked at a later stage in the unlock-tree.

AEK-971

Battlefield 3 AEK971
The AEK-971 an an unlockabe assault rifle for the Russian side in Battlefield 3, and is an improved version of the AK74Massault rifle.

AK-74M

Battlefield 3 AK-74M
The AK-74 was a modernization of the famous AK-47, and in 1991, the AK-74 got modernized once again, this time carrying the name AK-74M. The Battlefield 3 AK74M is the main and starting assault rifle for the Russian Assault/Medic class.

AN-94

Battlefield 3 AN-94
The Russian-designed AN-94 is a replacement for the famous Kalashnikov rifle. It has a revolutionary way of firing two bullets before the recoil kicks in, which gives it unique two-shot burst with great accuracy. The AN-94 is a late stage unlock in Battlefield 3.

AS VAL / VSS

Battlefield 3 AS VAL VSS
The AS VAL is a Russian-made assault rifle with integrated suppressor, made for the Russian special forces. It’s an unlockable rifle for the Assault/Medic class in Battlefield 3.

G3

Battlefield 3 G3
The G3 is a popular assault rifle first made by Heckler & Koch in 1959, and is still in use today around the world, especially in third world countries. The G3 will be available in Battlefield 3 as an unlock for the Assault class.

Khaybar KH-2002

Battlefield 3 KH2002
The Khaybar KH-2002 is an Iranian-designed assault rifle made in the early 2000s, and has now entered service in the Iranian military. The KH-2002 is an unlockable assault rifle in Battlefield 3.

Steyr Aug

Battlefield 3 Steyr Aug
The Steyr Aug is an Austrian-made assault rifle used around the world. I was featured in Bad Company 2 and Bad Company 2, it is rumored to be one of the main assault rifles in Battlefield 3, or at the least, an unlockable rifle.

1. Futt
    September 27th, 2011 at 11:21 am

Look ath the Steyr AUG in the description, This gun was featured in Bad Company 2 and Bad Company 2… LOL

2. Olijnyk
    September 28th, 2011 at 11:29 pm

I want to see more EU country weapons i know its mainly like russian and us forces in the game but seeing the L85(sa80) back in the game like from bf2 would be good or maybe a few different guns from just loads or AR style M4/M16 lookalikes

3. WOW
    September 28th, 2011 at 11:49 pm

I think that they need more weapons in this game but its still going to be AWESOME

4. Jimbob
    September 30th, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Ugh… You can tell who plays CoD. Just the main weapons for each side, no weapons “for both sides”. No supressors or random attachments, just keep it realistic and simple. Too many CoD fans wanting every single failed prototype in the game. Just M16A4, AK, M4, AKs74u, M9, Grach, M249, RPD, RPG-7 and AT4. Please, keep it realistic. If I missed any weapons tell me :)

5. FDSDH 011i
    October 1st, 2011 at 1:30 pm

they need to make a euro force expansion like in BF2 with SA80′s Famas’ and eurofighters and challenger 2′s

6. FDSDH 011i
    October 1st, 2011 at 1:38 pm

euro force expansion pack with sa80′s and famas’
    vehicles could be eurofighters and challenger 2′s

7. Badd
    October 1st, 2011 at 3:40 pm

CoD is amazing!!!!!!!!!!!
    Dislike it up you fanboys!!!!!!
    i do like the beta though….

8. TheEk
    October 2nd, 2011 at 9:35 pm

I had hopped that they should have the acr Buchmaster

• ADMjdl
      October 3rd, 2011 at 11:29 pm

lol my mom picked that gun for a book she is wrighting

9. ADMjdl
    October 3rd, 2011 at 11:37 pm

The guns that they need are

M16A4
    either one could be the first weapon you get.
    M4A4

XM8(unlock)

M416(unlock

AK101(unlock

SCAR-H(unlock)
    In bad company 2 they had it but it was SCAR-LS.
    L64/65(unlock)

If you think there should be more say so.

10. ADMjdl
    October 3rd, 2011 at 11:37 pm

The guns that they need are

M16A4
    either one could be the first weapon you get.
    M4A4

XM8(unlock)

M416(unlock

AK101(unlock

SCAR-H(unlock)
    In bad company 2 they had it but it was SCAR-LS.
    L64/65(unlock)

If you think there should be more say so.

11. ADMjdl
    October 3rd, 2011 at 11:39 pm

sorry bout posting it twice computer frozen.

12. ADMjdl
    October 3rd, 2011 at 11:39 pm

sorry bout posting it twice computer frozen.

13. ADMjdl
    October 3rd, 2011 at 11:41 pm

AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!

14. Sgt-Jackson_NL
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:59 am

M!6A3 is at its best with bipod and 4xACOG :D just perfect to shoot from out of those windows at the last objectives in Operation Metro… wait… I’M GONNA PLAY IT RITGHT NOW! lol :D

15. hamed .an iranian
    October 6th, 2011 at 1:58 pm

I Love Battlefield3. Khaybar weapon is very good.
    Battlefield3 is a big game but artificial mind is down

16. hamed .an iranian
    October 8th, 2011 at 8:01 pm

I love battlefield3
    Khaybar KH2002 gun is very good.

17. Ac!d
    October 9th, 2011 at 6:59 am

I was just hoping to see a Famas.

18. Rain Harper
    October 10th, 2011 at 1:17 pm

You’ll se both FAMAS and L85 – check “Back to Karkand” weapons.
    Btw, M27 and G36c should be removed to proper section. The Steyr AUG wasn’t there in beta, too.

19. Alex
    October 10th, 2011 at 11:52 pm

maybe they should check this list, the weapons seen in beta were different of those shown here.

20. István
    October 11th, 2011 at 11:14 pm

I wish Battlefield 3, and the future Battlefield Series in general will FINALLY introduce the FAMAS F-1, FAMAS G2 or the new FAMAS F1 LP as an EX Legionnaire in the 2eREI (I always prefer to use the FAMAS F-1 in games I play) that I used for 5 years during my time in the French Foreign Legion. I like Bullpups in general but I don’t know why Battlefield 3 choose to use a PSO copy of a copy? The Iranian Khaybar KH2002 is a direct copy of the POS Chinese QBZ-97A, which is a copy of the FAMAS F-1. So instead of putting the Original FAMAS F-1, they opt for the PSO copy of a copy? I would also like to see the Israeli IMI Tavor TAR-21, AT LEAST they have the FNH FS2000 & Steyr AUG A3, guess I’ll have to use the copy of a copy KH2002 and pretend it’s my FAMAS F-1, C’est la vie.

21. Dude-wat-kyk-jy
    October 12th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Lol im crazy bout BF3 cant wait 4 it got it on pre-order going to be most…. played the Beta on PSN was the shit… Hey u guys add me on my PSN Dude-wat-kyk-jy… And really looking foward for the Co-op…

22. DP
    October 12th, 2011 at 5:29 pm

ACR???

23. DP
    October 12th, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Ar-15??? Famas??? wouldnt these be great guns also im sure a dlc would be nice at least later on for these weapons acr i mean after all it is a battlefield they should put as many as they can lol or is it just me? USMC

• István
      October 13th, 2011 at 7:15 am

It’s definitely not just you, I can’t believe on the most modern Battlefield to date, they are lacking the modern firearms that are being used by the most Elite Military Forces in the World. I.E. The French Foreign Legion, I spent 5 years of my life in Le Legion using the FAMAS F-1, & towards the end of my contract I was using the FAMAS F1 LP (Low Profile) It’s the latest edition of the FAMAS family of Bullpup assault rifles, although I have NO idea why they put the FAMAS F-1 that has been in service since 1978 in COD: MW2 & Put the latest edition of the FAMAS, the F1 LP in COD: Black Ops, isn’t that suppose to be set in the Cold War era ? But as an Ex Legionnaire & Veteran of 2 tours of Afghanistan, when I play a game I like to see the game has the Bullpup/ Assault Rifle that I used and took care of for all those years & use that FAMAS in what ever game…

Any other Military Vets Ex or Active feel like using the Rifle that may have saved your life or you just really like and spent so much time with it, cleaning ,field stripping learning how it operates and can name every spring, screw, nut & bolt it has ? Wouldn’t you want to play with THAT Assault Rifle ?

24. vuytf
    October 13th, 2011 at 5:21 am

aww i was hoping that they would put the .50 cal beowulf rifle

25. L4DNdrew
    October 14th, 2011 at 12:05 am

im happy long as my trusty f2000 is in there. but another assault rifle i like is the arx 160 but i dont think it would be near future if they put that in there