On June 11th, 2013 in News

BF3_Close_Quarters_Ziba_Tower
To celebrate the announcement of Battlefield 4 at E3 2013, DICE and EA have rewarded BF3 players with a free DLC: Close Quarters is now free to play for all BF3 owners, not just Premium members. If you’re a Premium member, you can now also take advantage of the double XP “weekend”, or rather, “week”, as you can now get double XP for the rest of the week in BF3. DICE is currently showcasing BF4 at E3, and you can check out the first multiplayer gameplay trailer here.

1. Trashed ano hole
    June 11th, 2013 at 11:30 pm

OMG THANK YOU DICE THIS MAKES IT ALL BETTER. I LOVE YOU PLEASE TAKE MY MONEY.

This means nothing to me.

2. Indi
    June 12th, 2013 at 12:23 am

Hell yeah, didnt buy premium :D Only wanted it for the guns, now I have it!!!!
    Told you noobs to not buy premium :D

• Derp
      June 13th, 2013 at 3:10 am

I’m with you, brutha. They told us we was stupid but we showed them! We’re now able to play one-year-old DLC without handing over our pocket change!

Hot tip, friend! In about 10 years you will be able to buy the PS4 for a fraction of what it’s going to cost on release date. You’ll find people basically giving them away!!! I got myself a NES in 1997 by waiting like that, then I upgraded to new generation super gaming when I found a PS1 by the side of the road in 2008.

• Indi
        June 14th, 2013 at 1:09 pm

dont know if you guys release, but on PS3 on australian servers there max 3 servers that host other DLC maps (End game, Armoured kill ETC), along side with their stupid rules like :”Colonel 100 not allowed in tanks and jets” etc.. paying $60 for premium in australia for console is not worth it at all, because in a weeks time those maps wont be playing anymore, and back to the basic maps it is…
        All i ever wanted were the DLC guns which i finally have, hell not even 1 server i saw hosting a CQ maps since the CQ DLC free news…

• Derp
          June 16th, 2013 at 3:20 am

Ha! I’m in Australia, play on PS3 and I’ve had Premium since release. For me it’s been completely worth it. Just like the person below said, many hours of fun, new maps every few months, I’m 100% happy with the purchase. Even the DLC that I didn’t much care for and don’t play anymore (such as Close Quarters) I’ve played for many hours and am glad to have experienced. And the most recent DLC, End Game, was the best of all – I was getting bored of it until that came along. CTF is my favourite mode of all.

I select Australia and Asia in the server category, never had any issue with finding a game on a map I like. DLC maps are most popular for the first month after release but if they’re good you will always be able to find games. I’ve been playing End Game CTF exclusively since release, never had a problem and that’s three months since release now. I’ve played literally nothing but End Game in all that time. You’re talking out your ass when you say it’s ‘back to basic maps in a week.’ And I see those same ‘beginners only, no shotguns, no this and no that’ messages regularly too but I’ve never been kicked, not even once. Not saying it hasn’t happened to other people but I’ve never experienced those ‘rules’ enforced in all the time I’ve played.

And what are you even complaining about? Premium is just a service that gives you the DLC map packs at a discounted price. DLC map packs can also be purchased separately. You seem to be just complaining about DLC packs and yet you keep saying ‘Premium.’ You don’t make much sense, do you?

• Derp
          June 16th, 2013 at 3:35 am

On top of that, games where the admin lists idiotic ‘rules’ are not confined to DLC map packs. You have those games with EVERY map, even the basic maps. You’re like a racist with your criticisms of DLC, with your illogical reasoning for why A is good and B is bad. You just sound utterly foolish. I’m not saying a person can’t criticise the Premium service, the idea of paying for map packs, etc, but your arguments are like that of someone in diapers – you just sound like a poor, snot-covered baby.

• premium-buyer
      June 13th, 2013 at 8:18 am

Yeah good job on that… only that I already stopped playing Battlefield. Thanks to premium I had constant new stuff and hours of fun that I wouldn’t have had if I didn’t buy it. I get bored rather quickly. And now I don’t care anymore because BF4 is around the corner.

Yeah good job not buying Premium but for me that was the right decision.

• Mick
      June 15th, 2013 at 11:51 pm

What is Premium…. like $5 ?

I bought it for $9.99 months ago… when people were still playing.

3. olololoolooloollool
    June 12th, 2013 at 5:04 am

lol

4. Hard Dominator
    June 12th, 2013 at 6:42 am

Oh well more meatshields to cover behind.

• Ha
      June 14th, 2013 at 7:48 pm

It’s not like the people who played the game before are noobs.

5. OmarThePilot
    June 12th, 2013 at 10:49 am

fucking back stabbers, i want my 15$ back!!!

• Kill Skill
      June 12th, 2013 at 10:09 pm

Haters like you will never be pleased no matter what the developers do, they will still complain even if they get something for free. Do you still think that you deserve your money for bf 1942 back because BF 1942 is free now?

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
      June 13th, 2013 at 4:50 am

Games always drop in price over time. It’s a widely used marketing tactic and should be common sense among gamers. Calling it a scam or a rip off is just ignorance.

If it bothers you you’re always welcome to not buy Battlefield 4 until it drops in price over the years. Otherwise you’re paying to play the game as soon as you can.

6. yes
    June 13th, 2013 at 12:57 am

Thank You DICE!

7. kyle
    June 15th, 2013 at 11:43 pm

YESS, more noobs to destroy.

8. Roan
    August 5th, 2013 at 2:59 pm

i cant download it
    i need to pay to download it,its not free :(

• guest
      August 10th, 2013 at 4:47 pm

same it’s not free

• jeff
      August 20th, 2013 at 6:43 am

that’s because dice/ea only made it available free for a limited time. oops, we’re too late, and we all got screwed out of a freebie from this lame ass company.