On April 9th, 2013 in News, Videos

Battlefield 3 Premium owners will get a chance to be some of the first to play Battlefield 4. DICE has confirmed that all BF3 Premium owners will get access to the Battlefield 4 beta when it launches this Fall. The beta will be accessible to Premium members and those who pre-order select editions of the game on Origin. Battlefield 4 was unveiled last month with a 17-minute gameplay video (seen above), showing the first mission in the singleplayer campaign. The game will launch this Fall.

With the release of End Game, DICE wrapped up work on Battlefield 3. We’ll still get patches, of course, but content wise, there won’t be any more DLC. It’s good that Premium owners get a few more incentives, since there won’t be any more free content, at least in the form of expansions. A few months ago, EA revealed that Premium now has over 3 million subscribers.

The Battlefield 3 beta launched a few weeks before the game shipped. It started out with a single map and a single game mode (Rush on Operation Metro), and was later extended to another map with another game mode (Conquest on Caspian Border). We’ll have to wait and see what the BF4 beta has in store for us. DICE is expected to unveil the multiplayer portion of the game at E3 in June.

1. Kill Skill
    April 9th, 2013 at 8:10 pm

2 days early access doesn’t really matter to me.

2. Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
    April 9th, 2013 at 8:39 pm

I hope the beta map is something more open this time around. I have nothing against infantry maps, it just seems like a bigger conquest map would take longer to get tired of compared to a tight knit infantry map in this situation.

3. Battlemonger
    April 9th, 2013 at 11:27 pm

Other than some sharper graphics, I’m not seeing much (if anything) over BF3…

• WOOT FTW
      April 11th, 2013 at 3:01 am

Not as hyped up this time. Frostbite 3 is an improved engine but it isn’t break through like Frostbite 2. It is a selling point for BF4. Weren’t we all more interested in the looks of BF3 at first?

• JJtoob
      August 24th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

Oh no, there is way more stuff than there is in BF3, just wait for more info to surface, but so far I’ve seen Commander view, Levolution -trigger map changing events, Obliteration -similar to Call of Duty’s sabotage, and I think I even saw it will have Spectator mode.

• JJtoob
      August 24th, 2013 at 10:20 pm

4. Trashed paco
    April 10th, 2013 at 2:47 am

Lets hope it’s a real beta and not more like a fucking demo, like BF3′s beta was.

5. drzoidberg1000
    April 10th, 2013 at 5:52 am

It’s good to know they’re not going to make this a Premium exclusive. It’s like they’re trying to rub salt in the wound though. It’s not much of a beta if you have to pay to get in, now is it?

I can only hope they don’t treat it like another multiplayer demo. If it really is a beta and the purpose is to test the game, every feature should be available. I also hope they don’t remove critical features from the retail version that were present in the beta without telling us about it beforehand.

• Indi
      April 11th, 2013 at 5:33 am

i feel sorry for the peeps who bought MoH: WF just mostly for the BF4 BETA… I would be P8ssed if I did…
      Is anyone buying BF4? I might skip this game and wait for BC3 or another BF game.. BF4 looks the exact same (Same player textures, same animations {knife and reload animations}) Im not to sure of BF4, have to wait longer to see..

• WOOT FTW
        April 11th, 2013 at 9:21 pm

BFBC2 featured all the weapons and stuff from BFBC1. But BFBC2 featured a lot of new features. So as long as there are new, exciting features for BF4, you won’t notice the similarity.

6. ArithonUK
    April 10th, 2013 at 8:09 am

So, the “exclusive” BETA is open to:-

People who bought MOH:War Fighter
    People who bought BF3: Premium
    People who pre-order BF4
    Anyone with the letters “E” or “A” in their name.
    Stray dogs…

Totally exclusive then.

• Kill Skill
      April 11th, 2013 at 9:17 pm

LMAO! You just made my day!

• booboo
        April 23rd, 2013 at 11:31 pm

you forgot playstation plus subscribers

7. Nookie077
    April 10th, 2013 at 6:14 pm

Screw the beta – playing a demo not long before the full game comes out – I want to get an invite to test the alpha like last time around – I couldn’t fu#king believe my luck. Now that’s exclusive.

8. Gorilla Man
    April 12th, 2013 at 1:48 am

Ok a beta for premium members, but where is the release date info for PS4 of Battlefield 4? Is dice even developing the game now for next gen or whats the deal?

9. Boycotting EA
    April 14th, 2013 at 8:18 pm

I’ll play the “beta” but I dont plan on spending any money on this game. Customization needed to be limited per weapon type. It was way to much in bf3 and it’ll only get worse in bf4.

• majnus
      May 22nd, 2013 at 10:10 am

Seriously? Way too much customization? It’s like saying “hey my car has too many extras, wtf”

• schweinhund
        June 11th, 2013 at 1:11 am

if you have to do silly grinding to have the customization available to you, then yes more options doesn’t necessarily mean more fun

• Aaron
          August 13th, 2013 at 10:21 pm

So what your really saying is you want the game easy so all the lil fucktard noobs can just do whatever and make the game a kill joy

10. NahYoChill
    April 19th, 2013 at 1:30 am

i’ll gladly play the beta but i won’t buy it until a year after its release when they come out with BF4 Premium Edition (BF4 vanilla + all Premium content, including DLC) for $60-70

11. Andrew
    May 6th, 2013 at 4:48 pm

I don’t care what you say guys I’m so hyped cant wait for the game I have a feeling Its going be awesome Battlefield 3 and all there games they are all epic and why is everyone hating on Battlefield 3 is was the best battlefield game ever (besides Bad Company 2) and the campaign was just as good! Don’t hate because I said the campaign was good It was tho so yeah…
    I already pre ordered Battlefield 4 because I knew I would break down and get it eventually so yeah I don’t care if I have barley seen the game I just could’nt wait longer!

12. LE YOLO SWAG
    May 23rd, 2013 at 4:24 am

IM SO EXCITED ABOUT CALL OF DUTY GHOST!! ARE YOU GUISE?????!!! DESTRUCTIBLE ENVIRONMENT!! SOMETHING THAT IS COMPLETELY NEW TO THE GAMING INDUSTRY!!!! MY 12 YR OLD NIPPLES ARE TINGLING WITH EXCITEMENT!!!!!! ESPECIALLY SINCE MY MUM GAVE ME THE DAY OFF FROM SCHOOL THAT DAY TO PLAY WITH MY OLDER COOL 14 AND 15 YR OLD FRIENDS WITH MAJOR SWAG!!!!

• GAWS OLOY EL
      June 5th, 2013 at 9:22 pm

Are you even trying?

• RH
        June 26th, 2013 at 7:51 pm

I dunno man, it made me laugh.

13. rgbnoscopez
    May 28th, 2013 at 10:12 pm

honestly you guys are complaining about it being the same but dice has always pulled the stops. none of there battlefield games have sucked. and if your talking about repetition well no one does it better than cod. no fps game can be worse than cod at the moment(that is well known of course) they copy and paste everything and this game looks incredible and will be. btw the graphics are completely new.

• GAWS OLOY EL
      June 5th, 2013 at 9:23 pm

The visuals are not completely new…

• Tristan
        June 19th, 2013 at 10:11 pm

If Dice made new visuals for a gun they have visuals for already they would be retarded and the dirt isn’t going to go green either. The new visual don’t effect the game at all and either way your probably playing it on console so don’t expect graphics difference anyway

14. 12 year old 1337 gam3r
    June 1st, 2013 at 6:20 am

I can’t wait to get bf4 on my xbox 360 the graphics will be insane!!! Alose the xbox 360 graphics card is a GTX 690!

• bardghost
      June 7th, 2013 at 9:10 pm

well they are 6-7 years old my 8 year year old desktop pc is running a newer graphics card than that

15. Viking
    June 17th, 2013 at 11:08 pm

I know the BF4 beta is out because it’s all over youtube. I have premium but i ain’t got any bf4 beta

• Generic Web User
      June 18th, 2013 at 1:23 pm

I don’t know what footage your talking about, but the BF4 beta is currently closed. You may be seeing footage someone in the closed beta published, or it could be footage from E3.

• corgikong
      August 13th, 2013 at 1:39 am

Theres alot of alpha gameplay out and they had some pcs set up at E3 so you could play that skyscraper whatever it is map.

16. Pip
    June 18th, 2013 at 1:27 am

Just one question: If I bought premium for bf3 on the ps3, can I play the beta on a computer or do I have to play a ps3 beta? (i ask because my ps3 just broke and I still want to try the bf4 beta but I think I’m just going to wait for the ps4 because I don’t have a lot of money right now)

17. john
    June 22nd, 2013 at 9:45 pm

All im saying belittle it before its even out thing most of u never noticed dice have actually listener to us and put stuff in we wanted such as commander whicb im stoked about since being a bf2 player and bf 2142 adds the realism factor as all wars have one person telling soldiers what todo and if ipad integration is used also props to them as well the customizations look sweet finally long range scopes and lasers and silencers

So all who hate write after its came out

18. Dat Bro
    September 4th, 2013 at 3:11 am

Okay guys, I hope you’ve watched ANY of the tech videos for the game and engine. The graphics are vastly improved (which is shocking due to the graphic quality of BF3), the environments have been hugely affected by the functionality of the engine (ie. Wind affects trees, grass, water, etc.), eye focus has been improved, natural lighting is affected by dust and rubble, animations are not the same (at least not all) by way of the knifing animations are vastly improved (you can even counter them now), and now the integration of smart phones and tablets. Please do at least some minor research before you bash this game.