On September 24th, 2012 in News

It seems there’s a glitch in the PS3 Battlefield 3 plaform where gamers can get BF3 Premium for free. Sorry guys, this only seems to be happening on PS3.

As reported by justpushstart.com, it seems to be really simple which would suggest a glitch and not a hack or anything of that kind. All you need to do is start BF3, go to the in game store, set the settings to “All”. Then locate Premium which is at the bottom of the list. It should be listed as free and available to download. This only works if you have the PS3 Battlefield 3 disc.

Not sure how long it will last. Probably not long but hey, anything free is good if you consider it cost $49.99 in the online PS3 store.

1. B2 L0V3Z
    September 24th, 2012 at 5:04 pm

to bad i dont have a ps3

2. Donny Brook
    September 24th, 2012 at 5:07 pm

Pretty sure that’s stealing…

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
      September 24th, 2012 at 5:39 pm

That, and can be risky. Not all companies turn a blind eye to things like this after fixing it. EA will probably remove any premium gained for free and the abusers may even be punished by getting a temporary/permanent ban from BF3. Hell, they’re even banning people in Battlefield 3 over something bad they did in the Battlelog forums.

Just isn’t worth the risk in my opinion.

• Me_Thaaaarrrreeeeeeeeeee
      February 1st, 2013 at 4:21 pm

How is that stealing again? Let’s just imagine stealing as taking something unlawfully that doesn’t belong to you.
      First we would need to take something unlawfully, which didn’t happen.
      In your eyes a company can put a price tag on an item as free (sound familiar) and then let the customer walk out the store with the free item. Take it home, unwrap it, use it, etc… Then call the police, and say they stole it. Ummmmm, I don’t see it, sorry.
      It was listed as free, and was being given out by EA, no hack was used, how did people not know that it wasn’t a secret promo. Either way, mistake or not, those people own that software for good.
      You must be a jealous @$$ dude, HAHAHAHAHA!!!! PUH-C

3. CXZAR
    September 24th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

I think this lasted for a few hours on sep 22 sadly, its patched now

4. Gablol
    September 24th, 2012 at 5:52 pm

Lucky PS3 users. Or not? I’m sure EA will find out who stole Premium and will probably ban those players.

• CalebSxE
      March 17th, 2013 at 3:33 am

no no no, it is not stealing, it is marked as free. It was a mistake by Dice/EA not the individual himself, he should not be punished foe doing nothing wrong.

5. Doomsdayer
    September 24th, 2012 at 7:27 pm

So, free premium? Now I want my 50 euros back. Thank you EA!

6. Fumbledew
    September 24th, 2012 at 7:46 pm

Well, there goes my £40. I hope EA sees who’s stealing the free Premium membership and does something about it, I bought premium about 2 months before Armoured Kill was released. :/

• NahYoChill
      September 25th, 2012 at 5:02 am

why do you care that other ppl will benefit at no cost to you?
      when those ppl steal the game, you do not really lose anything.
      if anything, lament that you spent money when you could have stole it. no need to wish anything negative for those who get a lucky hustle
      try to feel happy for those ppl, instead of wishing them punishment

Person X performs a service for Person Y and receives $10 from Person Y.
      Person X sees Person Z randomly find $10 on the ground and pocket it.
      Person X wishes for Person Z to be penalized because Person Z did not have to work as Person X did for the same amount of money.

don’t be Person X, yo. Person X should wish he was as lucky as Person Z.

• Me_Thaaaarrrreeeeeeeeeee
      February 1st, 2013 at 5:21 pm

Another comment out of jealousy, vs what is right. You would rather see EA stick it to these people then EA get it stuck to them for once just because you didn’t catch on to the error you are entitled? What is your thinking here?
      Since there was a discount on cyber monday for $34.99 do you think EA should send those buyers a bill for the difference?
      Live your life, don’t worry about what you can’t control, like what happens to others. It will all even itself out in the long run. In life the choices you make matter, not that people you will never meet caught a break. Why wish bad on them?
      People like you are the reason M320 grenades nearly need a headshot to kill. “I don’t know how to counter an M320 attack (sniper rifle, an AR, frags, flank, LMG suppression, smoke, M320′s, to name a few), the thing is too powerfull, EA PLEASE NERF IT or I won’t play your stupid games ever again, boohoo!”

7. johnster
    September 24th, 2012 at 11:10 pm

Guys i’m wondering for those who play BF3 for ps3, is it just me or is the armored kill maps for rush mode barely avaliable on the server browser? every time i find maps for AK, its always on CQ or TS mode and barely on rush, i’m wondering if its dice/ea fault for not putting more official servers up, or if its not many hosts hosting up the servers, anyone having this issue?

• NS_Alarik
      September 27th, 2012 at 9:01 pm

It’s just that the Rush mode on AK sucks! The winning team almost always wins cause the Gunship is so damn OP against infantry and unsuspecting air and ground vehicles.

8. Clone0785
    September 25th, 2012 at 4:39 am

If the problem exist because of a problem in the company’s code then the company is solely responsible. Maybe EA gave away a few hundred memberships but that is their problem… besides anyone who cared had it already i’m sure.

• Me_Thaaaarrrreeeeeeeeeee
      February 1st, 2013 at 5:27 pm

You my friend are a smart person!
      Thank you for restoring my faith in humanity.
      People call it stealing, saying these people should be punished, etc (jealousy)… All these “Criminals” did was accept an offer that was available to them at that time. There wasn’t any sort of manipulation in any way by the consumer. CLONE couldn’t have put it more simple and right on the money.

9. thefillercow
    September 27th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

and i didnt get to download it nooooooooooooooooooooooo it is fixed now :( (((((

10. Frank Gallagher
    October 1st, 2012 at 7:56 am

I was one of those people that was lucky enough to get it for free!!! Hahaha Hoora!!

• Me_Thaaaarrrreeeeeeeeeee
      February 1st, 2013 at 5:42 pm

Good for you! I just paid $50, but to me it will all even out in the long run. It was your time. I also find us positive people have more positive things happen, even if we don’t, we are positive enough to believe we have exactly what we need at that time. Up until 6 months ago, I was a negative mess. (Off topic below)
      My father passed away 2 yrs ago, and immediately after my girl friend, who I thought I was going to marry, was pregnant, 4 months later we miscarried. Found out it was a girl ;( That made it real, I went through hell, relationship fell apart terribly. Emotions were run high, and I had to go.
      I have a free counselor, she is Christian, and suggested I join a bible study to meet people. That counselor has changed my life in a complete circle.. This group of people are amazing as a group and individually.

11. ManCalledSloth
    October 2nd, 2012 at 3:17 pm

@Frank Gallagher

A S.W.A.T team should be at your house any moment now lol

12. franck
    October 10th, 2012 at 3:22 pm

As it’s just a bug they can’t ban people for it… unless they’ve got proof that they used it whilst knowing it.

13. Allen
    November 29th, 2012 at 10:53 pm

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu i cuda downloaded it. i was online on the 22nd of september and i hav ps3.

14. sapoG
    December 5th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

Just found out that it can happen on a 360 as well. In total shock when i logged into my bros account and it said u are now a bf3 premium member?!?! Didnt know what to think. Tried it again on another account and it did the same thing.

15. Ash
    December 10th, 2012 at 4:15 pm

Why is everyone going on about stealing. if they accidently put it as a free download then no1 has done anything wrong. They have to honor the price tag so those people will not be charged or bannex

16. Gino
    December 28th, 2012 at 2:22 am

Loll just bought the hole game at bestbuy plus de premium pack for 39$….lol

17. Why
    January 11th, 2013 at 1:13 pm

where is the settings button

18. Maybe so
    February 10th, 2013 at 9:07 pm

Does anyone know if your a premium member if you get the end game expansion pack for free

19. yoshi-mitsu
    March 7th, 2013 at 4:48 am

what happens if i go to the store and buy a $50 psn card with intent on buying battle feild 3 premium add the funds to my wallet? Then go to psn store look for b3p and the price is free? atempt to buy the premium, go to check out and the total is “FREE” and i compleat my perches and my psn wallet still shows the $50. should I A. feel like I did something rong or B. know i did everything I was supost to do and found a free prize C.not buy a free product that I want that should cost $50. now what do you say that you do?

20. housefull06
    June 29th, 2013 at 8:12 pm

were is the settings

21. T-Bone
    July 17th, 2013 at 4:06 am

@yoshi-mitsu I think that The correct answer would be B. A is definitely wrong because you went to the store and bought a psn card. Ok, go home search it on playstation home and then buy it because you have the money. Then its free. C is wrong because you already have the chance to get it for free and I’m sure that your not a hacker that just went to get it for free.