On March 10th, 2012 in Gallery, News

BF3 DLC Box art

MTV got their hands on the official box art for the upcoming three Battlefield 3 DLCs: Close Quarters, Armored Kill, and End Game. While the box art (found by the guys over at MTV) isn’t of any great quality, we do get a sense of what’s in store for us. The first DLC, Close Quarters, will be released in June, with the other two in the second half of 2012. There have been some rumors that the third DLC, “End Game”, will be set in Vietnam. But that’s pure speculation at this point.

1. MadlockUK
    March 10th, 2012 at 9:26 pm

I think End Game might be dinosaurs as the guy on the cover looks like Robin Williams in Jumanji, i.e. he’s been roughing it. Why would else would a bearded man with a flare being running on the cover of end game??

I rather have WWII though . . . Frostbite + WWII = The best thing to happen to gaming in a long while. This is especially after the new MOH, which seems neat, ultimately was another terrorism/Russian fighting modern-shooter.

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
      March 10th, 2012 at 9:35 pm

@ MadlockUK

With all due respect, the dino thing is a bad joke being dragged on for far too long, or people are serious about it.

If people are being serious…then, well, I don’t know how to put this without sounding insulting. A real dino mode wouldn’t have anything at all to do with Battlefield, and it would would be completely silly.

Just my opinion.

• liar
        March 10th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

I haven’t heard anything about the DLC that has me wanting to pay money for it.

• I Love BF3
          March 11th, 2012 at 3:44 pm

Ummm….how about the biggest Battlefield map ever?? Or the DLC where it’s vehicle based??? How does that not sound good to you? Sounds amazing to me

• Sean
        March 10th, 2012 at 11:56 pm

I seriously want a dino mode, silly or not it will be awesome.

• Pr0faker
          March 11th, 2012 at 2:45 am

Get dino D-day, wwII with dino’s! not that great looking though and bit buggy but fun nonetheless :)

• YouAreTheOneNeo
        March 11th, 2012 at 1:14 am

It may not have anything at all to do with Battlefield 3. It may not even be realistic. It is obviously incredibly silly. But come on. CoD had zombies.

Dinousaurs > Zombies.

BF3 > CoD

BF3 + Dinosaurs will probably sell out faster than anything in the history of gaming. You can’t really tell me it would not be incredibly fun to shoot a Tyrannosaurus Rex in the face with a M1 Abrams.

If you ever played Dino Crisis, you will know it is fun to kill dinosaurs. I’m not expecting anything, but good lord it would be EPIC.

• EuroScept1C
        March 11th, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Exactly… A bad joke… An extremely bad joke, I’d say. Only few kids took it seriously which I bet BF3 is their first copy of the series. None Battlefield veteran who loved the game, even those who come from BFBC2 would ask such a stupid thing, Dinosaurs my @$$.

It’s time to end this joke.

• Implied
      March 10th, 2012 at 9:37 pm

End Game – Dino DLC!

Although, that stuff falling in the background reminds me a bit of hale… Could be something to do with Snow or Shrapnel?

• YouAreTheOneNeo
        March 11th, 2012 at 1:18 am

Maybe a Nuclear Winter? Bit of a cliché but you never know what DICE has up their sleeve.

• Implied
          March 11th, 2012 at 4:47 pm

Sounds too 2142 IMO, think they’d rather leave that for 2143, if they’re really doing that next.

Could be though, who knows. Of course, the Box Art could even be fake, so who knows. After all, BtK was Download-Only, no reason for these not to be.

• 1337
        March 11th, 2012 at 10:26 am

MOTHER OF GOD (lol)

• Jan
        March 11th, 2012 at 1:04 pm

Implied, you are a redditor? :D

• Implied
          March 13th, 2012 at 6:28 am

Nope, grabbed that off some other guy’s Comment :P

• THE_FUN_POLICE_
        March 11th, 2012 at 6:50 pm

Here’s what I think.

If you look at the game DICE is trying to beat (become), they are doing what IW has done. Make the DLC out of the maps they had as missions in campaign mode.

CLOSE QUARTERS-looks like the mission where you are fighting thru the house/hotel. Sorry, havent played campaign since it first came out. That would be easy for them to convert it to a multiplayer map.

ARMORED KILL-could easily be the “Thunder run”? mission. Could be the biggest map if you remember that mission.

END GAME-Remember all the hype of the NY DLC? Last mission in campaign was in NY, was it not?

Like I said, these are my thoughts on the DLC. I am probably way off, but DICE seems to be copying COD lately and if you remember the COD mappacks, they all seemed to be based off single player (or just remake maps from previous titles and call them DLC)

• Oh- Excuse me?! EXCUSE ME?!
      March 11th, 2012 at 1:20 am

Okay. Now where’s our patch, DICE?

• Pr0faker
      March 11th, 2012 at 2:46 am

Maybe it’s a sort of spec ops addon like special forces of bf2. Wouldn’t be to innovative though so chances are not big for that. Maybe in a bit different package.

• acechopper
      March 11th, 2012 at 11:04 pm

I need them to fix the bugs in the game, first the ranking, all above colonel 83+ , their ranks stop showing.

2. Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
    March 10th, 2012 at 9:28 pm

Anyone else think it’s a little lame that its taking DICE this long to release 4 CoD sized maps and some weapons?

I know these things take time, but we are talking about little CoD sized maps for close quarters; not something on a bigger scale like Armored Kill.

• Colt_Gun
      March 10th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

yes. It has taken them 3 months to finally tell everyone that some maps ripped straight from the story mode and co op are 3 months away… something seems strange about that don’t you think?

• S|{ rI!E}{
        March 11th, 2012 at 4:37 am

I think what we can expect from dice, after these DLC is,

First, bf2143. They have already hired it, plus it’s due for a release.

Second, bfbc3. They also acknowledged that this will be released.

Third, bf4. (hopeful on some sick version of frostbite)

Hopefully dice does not lose all of their vets before this happens due to poor marketing decisions… Ea >.<

• plumokin
          March 12th, 2012 at 2:53 pm

omg its skrillex from a million years ago :O

• Ol Ron Reagan
      March 10th, 2012 at 9:39 pm

Yep, more than a little lame. A LOT. Ha

• Sedargo
      March 10th, 2012 at 9:43 pm

I feel like they’re teasing us. When it comes out everybody will be so happy at the sight of DLC that they just don’t care. Or, maybe they are going to make it seem so NOT Battlefield that when they release Armored Kill that will make the community love them? I don’t know, this stuff is confusing. At least release the patch like this week…

• UrMom306
        March 11th, 2012 at 6:49 pm

…if there is any community left by the time armored kill comes out -.-

• BonKerz
      March 12th, 2012 at 7:37 pm

If DICE really wanted to, I’m sure they could have the Close Quarters DLC done in a month.

I’m thinking it’s more of a business strategy. The spaced out release dates give them time to work on other projects, while extending the life of BF3.

• Bug
      March 19th, 2012 at 2:27 pm

dude it’s all a marketing strategy

3. Ol Ron Reagan
    March 10th, 2012 at 9:36 pm

I don’t think this gives us any idea of “whats in store for us.”

4. sUS
    March 10th, 2012 at 9:43 pm

At least dice is kind enough to let the shitty DLC come out first so we appreciate the good ones next.

5. Sedargo
    March 10th, 2012 at 9:46 pm

You know what would make CQ unique?! Instead of just one flat building, make it multiple stories! Like a really big hotel! Just imagine elavators and escalators and having your squad ride on the luggage cart! AAAAHHH :D

• sadstuart
      March 10th, 2012 at 11:19 pm

I think that’s what they mean by completely new experiences. Minus the escalator and luggage cart riding.

6. SZ_95
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Endgame is giving me some Spec Ops vibes.

7. S|{ rI!E}{
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Someone needs to travel to Sweden and bitch slap dice -_-

• Jan
      March 11th, 2012 at 1:05 pm

For the love of… are you the skrillex i think you are?

• CBZ
        March 11th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

8. IEpic IMurph
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

meh, first time i saw the end game cover, the guy in the front looked more like a zombie with a crowbar. i gotta say id definately enjoy the dinosaurs more than zombies, but i also think it’ll depend more on how they present them gameplay-wise

9. Tenzing
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

Is that snow on the end game DLC art?

10. YourAverageGamer
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I so hope that End Game is BFBC2 maps. That would be my choice. That or WW2. Also Y U NO RELEASE PATCH DICE?!

• waiting for DLC news
      March 10th, 2012 at 11:53 pm

FOOL! why would they include Bad Company maps when this game is a straight BATTLEFIELD game? Save dat shit for Bad company 3.

• Bloody Ghillie
        March 11th, 2012 at 3:17 am

BF3 isn’t a straight Battlefield game anymore, its more of a CoD + BF = BF3.

11. harharlol
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:21 pm

not another vietnam game, I would rather have ww2 or something with 2142

12. Anttwan
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:43 pm

there doin it again they did the same thing with Bf2 ….

13. ELITE_CHICOMALO
    March 10th, 2012 at 10:58 pm

I don’t know why are people judging Close Quarters if we haven’t really seen any footage, Only a bit of TDM?
    I feel they’re gonna add some interesting features with Close Quarters DLC. Time will tell.

• AtomikBiohazard
      March 11th, 2012 at 3:03 am

Actually there is footage on one of the maps.

• BattleFRAG 3
        March 12th, 2012 at 3:22 am

and it looks like garbage to me! The guy playing was using a AK-47 witch is not a CQ weapon… That’s why i get the feeling this is a last minute throw together DLC..I feel most of the good PDW weapons are already in the game and they had no plans to sell out with small CQC maps until all the COD kids crossed over and started spamming Metro..Its not even spring yet, June is far off in video gamer days and Fall is like a lifetime away to get proper maps if your the kind of BF player that plays BF for its originality..Sandbox Sandbox Sandbox

• AtomikBiohazard
        March 12th, 2012 at 3:46 am

I don’t know why i got a bunch of thumbs down when there is actually footage >.> youtube it. . . .

14. M.O.A.B.
    March 10th, 2012 at 11:01 pm

I bet they will re-release BF3 Like they did with BFBC2 Ultimate Edition. And i predict End Game to be more coop missions. Why call a map pack End Game? Idk.

15. Tact
    March 10th, 2012 at 11:03 pm

Noooo I hope end game dlc will be Dinosaur mode and I hope they add the ACR assualt rifle with 1 burst 3 burst and full burst mode

• waiting for DLC news
      March 10th, 2012 at 11:55 pm

how old are you anyways, kid?

• Sgt.Zell
      March 10th, 2012 at 11:59 pm

AC-130 and and Milkor MGL-140 would be cool too… and why not a Predator btw ?

• YouAreTheOneNeo
        March 11th, 2012 at 1:24 am

AC-130 gunship?? Really? That would just be… I don’t know. Insane. Awesome, but I can’t imagine anything more overpowered tbh lol. Unless you need like 5 People to use it properly. (Pilot (flies it) / Copilot (coutermeasures) / 3 Gunners (25mm / 40mm / 105mm).

Personally I really hope they introduce 6 man / custom squads.

• Trollzor
          March 11th, 2012 at 4:40 am

Now that sounds like some teamwork my friend. Nice idea i like it, i just hope the pilot dosent fuck us over haha :)

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
          March 11th, 2012 at 3:05 pm

Medic: What the hell is that?
          Recon: I have no clue…
          Engineer: I think it’s an AC 1- Mother of God…

10 seconds later, there goes half of Caspian Border.

• Sgt.Zell
          March 11th, 2012 at 6:12 pm

I was ironic :x ….” yo dawgs, I heard you nerfed my Usas with f(r)ags rounds, nevermind i’ve bring my own semi-auto grenades launcher ”

Same for the AC-130, his damages would be too overpowered, destroying the battlefield in a few shots.

But it would be really cool if we could have an artillery…with a balanced cooldown of course :)

• 1337
      March 11th, 2012 at 10:29 am

How about a reaper drone, apache, AC-130 and some uav drones? Oh yeah, i forgot TAR-21 and a sentry gun! (Obvious troll is obvious)

16. Kevn Blueberry
    March 10th, 2012 at 11:16 pm

We just had a Vietnam expansion, we need a WWII expansion. I miss WWII games. :(

• Mr Pink
      March 11th, 2012 at 4:13 am

How about the Korean War? It’s like a compromise between the two…

• Tenzing
      March 11th, 2012 at 7:54 pm

WWI, please.

• 82
        March 13th, 2012 at 1:31 am

WWI would be nice only… Most of WWI was trench fighting. Nothing many people would like to play. (other then Cod players) You would spend all your time sitting in a trench and shooting at someone or what you hopped to be someone. They didn’t have tanks, at least ones that didn’t travel on train rails, their air combat was somewhat… Odd to fly.

Most of the battlefield was called “No Mans Land.” I trust I don’t need to explain the name.

Not saying your idea was bad but its not something anyone other then campers could get into.

17. gomezgee
    March 10th, 2012 at 11:17 pm

I like how everyone is raging about the ‘CoD 4 sized’ maps, when 1) that screenshot has not been confirmed as being real, 2) we don’t know anything about the maps- for all we know it could be a huge appartment building or office block with multiple floors to play on- or even a whole building with 30 floors, 3) why don’t we just wait for DICE to release the gameplay trailer like they have said they are going to do.

• YouAreTheOneNeo
      March 11th, 2012 at 1:25 am

Now that WOULD be awesome. 1 Squad clears a floor then has to take the elevator up. xD

18. Scrf_123
    March 10th, 2012 at 11:26 pm

Well, If they do put multiplayer maps in “End Game” I just hope they’re set in some ravaged environments, like in the “Fallout” series.
    (not getting my hopes up)

19. ben
    March 10th, 2012 at 11:29 pm

i am fine with endgame being in vietnam…bfbc2 vietnam really was one of the best DLC’s to exist, i would love to see an even grittier vietnam style game with frostbite 2.0

20. sly
    March 11th, 2012 at 12:05 am

The only why for EA/Dice to get with the program is to make them lose money. How do we accomplish this? Don’t buy the freaking DLC when it is released. I’m tired of gamers buying shitty DLC and giving game developers the idea of “We don’t have to make amazing new content because they’ll buy it anyway!”. Considering all the bugs battlefield is experiencing as of right now. It just goes to show that Dice didn’t put 100% effort in making BF3, nor will they continue to do so because they already received payment from us the consumer.

• SZ_95
      March 11th, 2012 at 12:43 am

I think you’re getting Infinity Ward/Sledgehammer confused with DICE. All of DICE’s content, pre-2005 or post has been more than just a map pack they shit out every few months. Even these BF2 maps re-imagined in BF3, sure they were already in BF2 but these maps are so damn good you don’t even care.

21. Wlangew
    March 11th, 2012 at 12:10 am

Anny one know what the vehicles on the armored kill pic are? I can make out a blackhawk heli but not the tank or jet! (sry for bad english)

• YouAreTheOneNeo
      March 11th, 2012 at 1:28 am

I’m guessing Challenger II, F-16 and old school Blackhawk.

• Reformed COD Player
        March 11th, 2012 at 7:25 pm

It might be the Challenger 2, but it looks a lot like 2s31-Vena. It’s Russian 120mm mortar on a BMP-3. DICE did say they were putting mobile artillery in, so this could be awesome.

22. AceRyder86
    March 11th, 2012 at 12:39 am

I want to know whats everybodies opinion about the “Biggest” map in Battlefield history.

• Bloody Ghillie
      March 11th, 2012 at 3:19 am

Heavy Metal + Caspian Border= ????

• Dat'Hank
      March 11th, 2012 at 4:19 am

Should expect it to be around El alamein size from 1942 i would hope.

• 1337
      March 11th, 2012 at 10:31 am

It must be teh siez of teh HEAVY METAL + CASPIAN BORDER + KHARG ISLAND + EL ALAMEIN + GULF OF OMAN lololololololollolololollloll

• i still havent played bf3
        March 11th, 2012 at 5:42 pm

Might as well just add the map Chenarus from ARMA 2 if you need that big of a map

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
      March 11th, 2012 at 10:25 pm

In my opinion I hope they do something like Highway Tampa from BF2. I’m not saying an exact remake, but something with the same concept; HUGE, open, mostly flat terrain with the flags spread out and two uncappable main bases, and of course, primary focus being vehicle warfare.

And slight off topic warning:
      I wish DICE would bring back the dust/sand storms. For example, BF2 Strike at Karkand had a dust/sand storm making your field of view lower. Not too low, but low enough to where it really changed up the game play.

Highway Tampa would of been a big tank sniping fest with tanks hundreds of yards away playing the who can compensate for shell drop the best game if it weren’t for the sandstorms.

23. AceRyder86
    March 11th, 2012 at 12:41 am

What do you all think its gonna be like

24. mike
    March 11th, 2012 at 1:04 am

i know the new gameplay mode for close quarters….

here it is… hide and go seek

25. FART
    March 11th, 2012 at 1:09 am

@Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
    man your comments always get a lot of thumbs up,you should be our frontman against the tirannie that EA puts us true! :) ))