DICE is working on tweaking a lot of weapons in the next Battlefield 3 patch, and we’ve now gotten some kind of idea what those changes will be. Battlefield 3 designer Alan Kertz (who supposedly left the BF3 team?) has released a weapons change list to the guys over at Symthic.com. The list shows that almost all weapons will get some sort of adjustment, both damage and accuracy wise. Here’s a roundup of the changes (you can see the full list here).
- All assault rifles get min damage raise from 17 to 18.4
- All sniper rifles get “one hit” kill in distances under 15 meter
- All bolt action sniper rifles will get min damage raise from 55 to 59, and max damage raise from 75 to 80.
- Shotgun buckshot max damage from 20 to 12.5
- Pump action shotgun frag rounds max damage from 60 to 67
- Auto shotgun frag rounds min damage from 10 to 5 (not 100% certain)
- SMGs and PDWs: all have increased min. damage
- .44 magnum now has new “1.25x upper chest damage multiplier”
- G18, M9, M93R pistols get recoil reductions
- All LMGs get min damage increase (varies from weapon to weapon)
Note that this is still preliminary data and that not all changes might make it into the final patch. We recently reported that the patch that was originally scheduled for February has likely been pushed to March.