On February 6th, 2012 in News

Battlelog
EA boss John Riccitiello recently spoke to analysts regarding Battlefield 3 — which sold 10 million copies — where he hinted at Call of Duty Elite, the paid subscription service for Modern Warfare 3. Riccitiello said:

“Frankly, I gave a compliment to one of our competitors. It’s got a subscription on the back end of an FPS title. I think that’s a best-in-class performance.”

He went on, saying that EA has been toying around with something similar, called Ultimate Team for its FIFA series. Riccitiello added:

“The reason this is such a fast-growing revenue stream for us is we’re identifying and implementing best practice across the range of our products, and you’ll see lots more to come including an announcement near term that Peter just alluded to.”

This “announcement” is supposed to be the new DLC announcement for Battlefield 3 which is supposed to happen this week. Could we see a paid subscription model akin to Call of Duty Elite? It could be a premium version of Battlelog, with access to all future DLC, much like Activision’s model.

1. Heyperson
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:02 pm

battlelog isnt even worth paying for. why would they do this? those greedy C*”**

• liar
      February 6th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

I wanted a paid subscription at first. But after seeing where BF3 is this long after release, not being impressed with their patches or their DLC so far, I really have no intention of subscribing to months of frustration.

Too many bugs, too many weapons/mods that are completely useless. The map design is only OK. And hackers are still out of control. I can only play on a few servers without seeing a hacker ruin the game. And that’s only because those few servers have human admins dedicated to banning those losers. Oh, and fix the non hack glitches already. wtf is with the walking through walls and porting up on top of buildings?

On top of that, every single friend of mine has quit BF3 because of their frustration and boredom. If this next DLC isn’t amazing, I’ll soon follow.

Too many flaws to pay a subscription. Sorry DICE, I don’t want another Blizzard.

• Mark
        February 8th, 2012 at 3:17 am

Totaly agrre on you dude! You read my mind! After 500hours of playing hardcore and now within everythink nerfed down to sillines (exepts usas ofcourse) I finally am borred or rather nerved… getting lucky kills all the time, someone can not do others as within luck or hack…unable to kill single enemy within 30m without sniper because hey, this weapon was to overpowered now needs two mags to kill single enemy that is if you manage to relode that quickly and not getting killed first within single lucky REX shot from 30m…DICE is arogant that is for sure! Hardcore should be hardcore and not lucky core… I am not buying any kind of subscriptions since tomorov we much could fight within watter guns and Dice’s exuse near by “the weapons where just to overpowered…”. Watter gunns are just question of time the way this goes down…

• TH3_5KR1LL3X_PuN15H3R
          February 9th, 2012 at 2:37 am

If Battlefield would only be Battlefield again…I would jizz.

• RamataKahn
          April 7th, 2012 at 5:55 pm

If you can’t kill someone at 30m in HC with 4-5 rounds or less then the problem is you, not the game.

• SButters
        February 10th, 2012 at 10:25 pm

I totally agree with you! You said it perfectly!

EA doesn’t get another dime from me! Fix the junk you sold us!

• Spectre
        March 27th, 2012 at 11:56 am

Yeah… A friend of mine and a Battlefield Veteran quit bf3 because he was fed up with all the problems such as mav roadkills, Usas 12 frag rounds and other general problems… I am on the verge of quitting, but, there arent many military shooters out there like Battlefield… I personally don’t think that Battlelog should have a subscription service either… Hell, I am already opposed to Cod Elite

• eric
        May 22nd, 2012 at 9:45 pm

first off there are no hackers, you just cant play the game, second off there are still some glitches, and third they did patch a lot of things so you can’t do glitches… now stop complaining about how bad you are and deal with it!

Ps. dice you made a great game and im looking forward to the close quarters dlc, and the battlefield premium membership, so thanks

• jojo
          June 8th, 2012 at 11:45 am

What kind of an idiot are you? Of course there are hackers just scan the tops of the leader boards and have a look at a few profiles you’ll soon see. Sure every game has it’s fair share of hackers but BF3 has a monumentally game ruining amount of them, If you think you haven’t been in a game with a hacker your either really really lucky or just plain stupid. EA aint gettin anymore money outta me till they fix their shit.

• Mark
      February 7th, 2012 at 1:41 am

The Battlefield fanbase never asked for social integration crap, it was just a answer to activision and nothing else. I guarantee that the overwhelming majority of the BF fan base (I mean BF fanbase, not metro 24/7 players migrating from COD) would trade all this “amazing social experience” including leaderbords, advanced stats tracking, platoons and other crap provided by battlelog for a proper in-game server browser and internal VOIP (no SONAR crap).

• Pr0faker
        February 7th, 2012 at 12:03 pm

I dont think the leaderboards and such are bad, I just won’t pay for it, that stuff should be free. DLC when provided with enough new stuff that matters, I would pay for. Not those ‘dlc’ from actvision which give you 2 new maps and 3 1 on 1 copies from previous games.
        I think after this dlc they should focus more on bugfixing and hackers, then go and look at dlc again.

• Smoktup420
        March 30th, 2012 at 10:17 pm

I Absolutly Agree with mark, i would trade Eveything BF3 has for social shit leader boards and all that junk (highly not needed) for a propper ingame menu, Server Browser and what not. If they can make a game Run off a website such as the have with battlelog, why cant they make it just read stats when ur playing and online, I do not agree with battlelog and do not feel i should have to use it if i choose to do so, Battlelog was forced on the player and is one of THE biggest problems with the game, its like o battlelog fucked up now your game crashes because you where disconected from the “login server” no to mention the crap origin has to be running inorder to even play the game. So many usless processes taking your cpu usage when it should just be the game nothing els.

On to their patching progress, its terrible, They release a patch that “Fixes” the so called problems when infact it makes them worse or breaks the game entirly, Such as the Mortars, they supposedly made it so you cant deploy mortars in the Main bases(retarded) and instead of stoping the deployment in just the Main bases they now dont deploy at All, they hover about 3′ off the ground and stay with a red indicator saying you cant place them. All their usless weapons now are Nerfed if thats what you want to call it suck and take WAY to many bullets to drop someone in hardcore, Id hate to see it in the Normal mode i bet it will take your hole stock of ammo to kill someone. Another bug i find very irritating, is the knife glitch, Ever have a moment in bf3 you could get a double knife because 2 noobs are laying side by side looking the same exact direction? i have, i get the knife on one of them, and go to knife the second and all that happens when i press the “F” key (default knife button on pc) is the knife pulls out and you just stand there like hey hi how you doin im holding my knife can you shoot me please…

there are 10x more problems for this game then there are solutions and apprently the March 2nd 2012 Blackout of bf3 didnt solve anything because its still the same shit.

• channel
          April 18th, 2012 at 1:24 am

Fully agree woth everything you’ve stated. I play on pc also and have had the same knfiing issues and worse try and knife even one guy and it just does nothing at all. And as far as weapon damage normal mode is etarded takes a clip of anything to kill someone at medium range a body shot from the dc98 doesn’t kill which would be ok if it wasn’t a bolt action rifle and I didnt have to go out of scope to pull the bolt back and

• Nikhil
        May 12th, 2012 at 3:08 pm

i think EA should stop these all crap !!!
        Instead of Battlelog subscription stuff they should keep VOIP.Thats the best they can develop.
        We had been asking for months and finally they give us some shit !!!

• Colt_Gun
      February 7th, 2012 at 2:25 am

If Activision jumped off a cliff, I bet EA wouldn’t be far behind.

• TheLordVoldemort
      February 7th, 2012 at 6:20 am

Just imagine how, after BF4 draws in even more COD fans, they’ll start charging more and more for less and less because that’s what the “majority of their loyal fans are used to”.

I’d rather slam my testicles in a car door than believe anything DICE/EA say about their goals, plans, money-schemes or BF4 or BF2143.
      “Guys, it’ll have a totally free menu scheme with great 6-month DLC plans and biggest maps evurrrr!”

• EuroScept1C
        February 8th, 2012 at 12:27 am

That’s the price for becoming ‘streamlined’ ala CoD game. EA is happy, a small fan base not. Who cares for that small fan base? None I guess.

Personally, I’d only like this game without any glitch, if possible. But the priorities have been changed for DICE. Anyway, I don’t want to be constantly pissed off. I just adapt to a point, and silently don’t pay for anything else.

• Ledhead
        March 29th, 2012 at 4:00 am

I’m still waiting to see your testicles slammed in a car door, I was looking forward to seeing this.

• Krumpirko888
      February 7th, 2012 at 7:03 am

EA burn Motherfu**er in hell!!!!

• liar
        February 7th, 2012 at 8:05 am

As much as I hate EA and love DICE, don’t be fooled into thinking DICE is innocent in all of this.

• Implied
          February 7th, 2012 at 11:50 am

See that’s the oddest bit. BioWare probably brings in a LOT more cash than DICE (several Studios, they make so many more Games) and yet Battlefield is obviously the biggest franchise. However, BioWare seems to have a LOT of Autonomy from what I’ve read (Development Freedom) even at EA, so what does DICE have and not have?

I mean sure, BioWare doesn’t have a completely spotless record, but its much better than DICE’s right now. If BioWare ends up going the same way, I’d like to know that in advance at least >.< Or did DICE not get the Autonomy Clauses in the Contract when they sold out?

• Implied
          February 7th, 2012 at 3:18 pm

Actually, now that I’ve looked closer – BioWare is a Division of Electronic Arts. DICE is a Subsidiary. Well, that explains that.

Guess DICE screwed up that part.

• Bioware
          March 30th, 2012 at 7:51 am

Bioware severely fucked up the Mass Effect 3 ending, at least they listen to the community and are changing it. Take a hint DICE/EA. Hintity Hint Hint!

• Justin burrola
      April 2nd, 2012 at 2:45 pm

ya it’s also gay that if you buy the game at game stop you can’t get it those dumb fuck faces

2. Silverbullet
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

i fucking called it, i knew things like this would surface one developers + publishers saw the sheep flock to elite like the mindless kids they are… if battlefield does this, the game is well and truly dead to me

• Chris
      February 7th, 2012 at 2:23 am

You didn’t call anything. CoD Elite is most likely what he was referring to and that is not a subscription model.

All these sensationalist titles are very annoying. People are so quick to complain and rage about something they obviously don’t even know about.

• markus73
      February 7th, 2012 at 3:10 am

Not only did you call it but you’re the only one that ever thought they might do this.

• Silverbullet
        February 7th, 2012 at 9:30 am

yup… 41 people agree with me =p

• markus73
          February 7th, 2012 at 8:00 pm

Good analysis.

• Chris
          February 9th, 2012 at 8:07 pm

I would credit that to you bashing CoD Elite more than being right about the overall point of the article.

CoD elite is essentially a season pass for CoD DLC.

$50 covers all upcoming DLC (they may even get it a week early..not sure) and other little bonuses such as clan stuff and tournaments.

However they are planning (at least) 4 map packs for MW3, which cost $15 dollars. So if you are the type of person who plans on buying all the DLC anyway CoD Elite would be the better deal.

So CoD Elite isn’t a subscription model, it is a DLC season pass with added benefits. So it wouldn’t be the end of the world if BF3 did something similar.

3. ecc
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Until they finish fixing BF3, they won’t see another goddamn penny from me.

• Digitalism
      February 7th, 2012 at 5:02 am

Exactly, man.
      Oh, and DICE… If you see more people going to Call of Duty… Just know who was the one making the mistake.

• ecc
      February 8th, 2012 at 1:53 am

Looks like DICE didn’t like my comment.

4. brandon kortesmaki
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

Don’t try to copy c.o.d. Be your own game and kind of fps like how you used to be.

• liar
      February 6th, 2012 at 10:20 pm

Unfortunately I bet you anything they don’t see this as a game issue, but a business model only. Of course that’s just corporate BS because anyone with half a brain knows that the business model is closely related to game quality.

It’s weird, but once these companies have subscriptions, they simply don’t live up to the same quality. See Blizzard for proof. That company has made some amazing games in the past. Look at their stuff now, crappy patches, pseudo-content (achievements and heroics as content, give me a break) and kung fu pandas.

Unfortunately kids are going to subscribe; they just are. it’s the happy meal fallacy. Give them a package, some of which they wouldn’t have bought anyway and then give them a “discount”. People think they are saving when all along they are locked in. No exit. Meanwhile, the company doesn’t need to produce all that great of stuff.

DICE/EA will do this, and I hate to say it, but I think they will probably never go back. There’s too much money in it for them. And they are looking at COD’s cash flow and want a piece.

It’s a shame, cause I bet you anything Battlefield as the game many of us came to love and support is pretty much near death.

To be clear, the game isn’t bad, by any means. But it’s not a great BATTLEFIELD GAME.

• Implied
        February 6th, 2012 at 10:45 pm

Don’t forget the Pokemon Mini-Game too.

Dinosaur, I choose you! Oh wait, WoW too Medieval for Pokeballs :(

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
        February 6th, 2012 at 11:43 pm

^^^^^^^^^^^^^
        This one thousand times X 5.

Battlefield 3 already doesn’t feel like the true Battlefield sequel to its predecessors. A subscription, like you stated, is just going to cause the game and future games to deteriorate even more.

• Dodek
      February 7th, 2012 at 3:21 pm

They used to be but then… no wait, this is the lamest yet most over-used “joke” ever

5. J4son_B0urne
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:07 pm

If this happens I’m going back to my cave waiting for Valve to take my money for Counter-Strike:GO.

• Magpro
      February 7th, 2012 at 9:20 am

Same here

6. Patrick
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:08 pm

Allow me to be the first to say, fuck that.

7. TUF
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:08 pm

I saw this coming. I knew something like this would happen sooner or later. Turned out to be sooner, I guess.

8. STYX-Ro
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:09 pm

agree with “ecc” finish the damn game..no more bugs no more random RANDOM RANDOM “bad luck” when i jump of a little rock and die.ELITE SOLDIER dies after falling from 1 meter.mhmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

• Bloody Ghillie
      February 7th, 2012 at 1:46 am

I agree, the fall damage is ridiculous, I jump 5ft and my health is at 70%!

• CodeuhConduct
      February 8th, 2012 at 7:03 am

Ferreals most of the games bullshit. I can shoot an enemy or myself with an rpg from like 2 inches away from me and would only bring down like 30% of my/their health. But if they shoot me from across the map and the rocket hits me from 20 feet away from me Id die even though i had full health. Thats bullshit.

• Bloody Ghillie
        February 8th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I think its balancing purposes so everybody doesn’t go CQC with an RPG

• LARod
        February 11th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

The rpg system has a system similar to the grenade launcher. just how a G launcher would not blow up at close distance, the rpg does less explosive damage at closer range, it needs to travel a certain distance in order to attain maximum damage

• Kurvel
        February 16th, 2012 at 11:54 am

I just want to point out that falling rocks and debris from explosions often do more damage then the action weapon round. M32 barely hits you but the rock it launched smacks you in the head…

9. Implied
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:11 pm

Fuck that. Hard.

I never asked for Battlelog. Nobody ever asked for Battlelog. They created Battlelog (a ridiculously bad Failbook ripoff) to compete with CoD Elite by making it free, and as such, by EA reasoning “friendlier.” Yes, the Server Browser is the best ever, the Stats Page I like, since its an “Official” one now. But Failbook “Player has gained Medal” Spam? Nobody asked for that. Nobody asked to lose In-Game VoIP for Battlelog VoIP. Nobody asked for a Non-Optional version of Failbook, free or not.

I’d pay for a VIP Program. Yes, seriously. I’d pay 10$ to have access to the supposed 3 times more DLC Content than Bad Company 2 they said we’d get, but a Subscription? Hell no. I wouldn’t even wipe my ass with it.

• liar
      February 6th, 2012 at 11:15 pm

Exactly. Battlelog is and always has been a trojan horse. Freely introduced so that gamers can bend over in the future.

10. Bossaru
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:13 pm

If its a one time payment that includes all further DLC/Expansions for free, ill pay. If not, nope.

• liar
      February 6th, 2012 at 10:23 pm

Do what you want of course. But that is exactly the kind of thing that makes EA just drool over: a customer willing to put money upfront.

When you do that, you lose all the control. It’s like tipping your waitress before s/he serves you. S/he has no reason to serve you well anymore; the cash is no longer in your wallet.

• Implied
        February 6th, 2012 at 10:52 pm

True, except that if they don’t deliver the DLCs, then all you need to do is say FU to the next one. Besides, we’ve already got them for claiming there’ll be 3 times the DLC Content we had with BC2.

Least CoD Elite shows you a Plan of what Content you’re going to be getting over the upcoming Months (its somewhere there on the CoD Elite Site, a Calendar of sorts). EA doesn’t tell you anything, just how much Content to expect.

Ever since Elite, Social Networking for Games seems to have really taken off suddenly. Battlelog, “BF-Elite”, and CryTek launched some GFACE crap or something yesterday, although that one thankfully seems free and optional at least.

11. Dodek
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:15 pm

12. O0Fox
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

This better not be the announcement! Da heli-s my DLC?

13. UrMom306
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

wow, if they do this i might be done with bf3. For one the game still has a number of issues that need to be addressed. Secondly, personally call of duty elite is a huge ripoff. I would never be on board for paying for dlc that hasn’t even been announced yet. This whole “subscription dlc scheme” just promotes crappy quality dlc.

Example: you pay for the subscription, promising you all of the DLC for that game.
    Me – “Well great, but before I drop a hundred on that, give me some details on the dlc i’m paying for.”
    EA/DICE – “Sorry we will have details later, were still developing this stuff”.

(two months later)

EA/DICE – “Here is your fancy dlc that you pre paid for…..ONE map and ONE new gun!!!”
    Me – “wait, thats a terrible dlc pack, I want more than one map and one gun!”
    EA/DICE – “Too bad we already got your money :trollface:”
    Me – “………………………….”

14. Dodek
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:17 pm

I’ve had it with DICE getting so many ideas from Activision, this is not COD, this is FUCKING BATTLEFIELD!

+1 to what this guy above said that until they finish fixing the game they can kiss my *** if they think I’m going to pay for something broken

15. jrizzo1987
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:21 pm

WOW this is just flat out ridiculous you wait 3 months to fix VOIP on a team based game not to mention the other 99 problems the game has which we did’nt see fixed in the small 11mb patch (VOIP patch ONLY) now there hinting to charge us for the game pfft nobody gives a rats ass about battlelog take a vote see the numbers there for proof if they charge for this i will bar EA games fully outta my life take care.

• Noshaq
      February 7th, 2012 at 9:14 am

You’ve got 99 problems but a bitch ain’t one?

• Pr0faker
      February 7th, 2012 at 12:12 pm

…but at least the bitch aint one?

16. Sevas Vellicate
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:25 pm

Wasn’t this one of EA’s selling points before battlefield lanched against MW3? Free online stat keeping and such?

17. asd
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:33 pm

Fucking knew it. Stupid cunt gamers buying anything and everything are systematically destroying the industry.

The publishers are JUST a business, they don’t even know what a damn game IS. They will do anything and everything, including completely ruining a series of games, as long as it makes money.

It’s up to GAMERS to show them that this shit shouldn’t make money. Too bad we’re all retarded and cant WAIT to pay them for features we used to get in most games.

• Implied
      February 7th, 2012 at 12:51 am

What do you expect. So many 9 year old retards playing PG13/PG15 Games these days, its a wonder we still have ESRB Ratings on the Cover, as apparently nobody seems to really care.

The 9 year olds think “Oh, I want that.” So they get it. Pre-Teen asswipes ruining it for everyone. Why can’t they stick to their DS, PSP and Wii?

• BerrymanLace
        February 9th, 2012 at 12:20 pm

Hahahah – inspired

• Bubbles
        February 26th, 2012 at 11:50 pm

Hey man I agree that alot of the reason is because of kids but don’t call them retards they see guns and killing shit they think it’s cool it’s their parents fault for buying them these games or paying these subscriptions due to their refusal to say no to their perfect child Children act on impulse not on educated decisions they see subscribe for better ____ they’re going to subscribe or ask their parents who don’t say no.

• Jammin
      February 8th, 2012 at 3:22 am

Just wait – next is the Battelog integration with “Battlefield 3142: Farmville Wars” on Facebook. “Because that’s what all of our _real_ Facebook Battlefield fans want!” – EA

• JGrubb165
      February 9th, 2012 at 2:56 am

I agree with you once true bf fans get it popular enough other will jump on the bandwagon then there is nothing we can do and it is already happening (24/7 metro). These incoming followers will buy cow crap if it was from ea/dice, just because they think we will all buy. So enough buy the crap while we watch bf die. If bf ever beats cod in popularity we have lost and bf will die in a few titles. We can save battlefield but all loyal bf fans will have to contribute, the probabilty of this is unlikely because of those that want to save bf and those that have no hope for dice to save bf so they are savoring their last few titles of bf.

18. Nemanja
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

That is terrible news. I would pay for any good DLC, but a monthly fee for a elite crap, i would never do that! If they do something like this I’m done with DICE until they quit fucking fail EA, and will not buy any of their products, plus gw2 is on the horizon with a great company. Dice, learn something from them. If this shit happens i will never buy your game again, until you quit EA!

19. SANDMAN37
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:45 pm

not getting a penny out of me! they got other things to fix and worry about in my book,first dog tags for sale now this? fix the dam game and or finish it! show us some dlc to! after all the bs with this awsome game to hear this crap forget it!

20. MRLoadingERROR
    February 6th, 2012 at 9:51 pm

Ahh shit, I have to use Battlelog then I have to pay another 50 euros just to use a site that was free.EA, go fuck yourselves.

21. allthatremains94
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:01 pm

Way too much speculation on your part J. Hyde. Don’t be surprised if this “information” causes an unnecessary backlash from the community.

• Henry
      February 7th, 2012 at 1:17 am

it looks like it did already lol

22. Kusubrin
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

I guess I’m going back to counter strike franchise or at least BF2/BC2

• Kusubrin
      February 6th, 2012 at 10:05 pm

Oh yes and also wth are we gonna pay subscription for? It’s not like they provide servers for playing… greedy tw@s!

• liar
        February 6th, 2012 at 10:30 pm

I really dont’ know what to do if they do this. BF2? Are there still lots of servers for BF2?

I’d play BFP4free, but the game is so riddled with hackers it’s just dumb.

I’m kinda just stunned at how this series has so quickly been destroyed. And given its the most successful game so far in their series, sales-wise, we’re only going to get more of same from DICE.

uggh. so, does BF2 still have lots of available servers?

• Burnlife308
          February 7th, 2012 at 12:34 am

my I recommend Arma2 atleast download the free version thats 1.5 GB with little SP and quite a bit of MP options. And give it a shot if you got patience and enjoy the old BF games of great community support and opening mods and also a more strategy less run and gun type of game play i highly recommend Arma. And honestly by the time you start to finally get down all the controls it being such an in depth sim Shooter you’ll be ready for the release of Arma3 in Q4 2012. But thats if you can handle a 1500 man battle with human and Ai that PLTO and are smarter then 3/4 of teammates on BF3 and can handle the size of a 900 sq km or 600sq miles battlefield of a real life occupied island down to every little detail called Limnos also reffered as Lemnos with every vehicle kind that BF includes plus subs you’ll never look back.

• Burnlife308
          February 7th, 2012 at 12:45 am

Also im not hating on BF im a rank #10 vet but the best way for you to show a company that your sick of its bs is to not support it til it realizes the customers pay there salaries not the guys pushing the devs for more buck less bang. The best thing for DICE ever would be to not renew there contract or to make a horrible game so EA runs. Then they can get back to what they do best and what made them what thye are today and thats making games for gamers. EA ruins game series like black guys ruin pussy.

• Er
          February 7th, 2012 at 10:40 am

Still plenty of BF2 servers up buddy. In fact, a lot of the time there are more BF2 servers than there are populated BF3 servers.

• Implied
          February 7th, 2012 at 11:42 am

Wouldn’t do much. Infinity Ward had an Argument with Activision back in.. 2009/2010, most of the Employees quit after one of the IW Bosses quit. Now they’ve got a new Studio with an unannounced upcoming Game to be published by EA and their old Job spots at IW filled up.

• liar
          February 8th, 2012 at 7:32 pm

I don’t have my copy of BF2 anymore, so I’d have to rebuy it. Though, it’s probably pretty cheap. How are the hackers in BF2? Is it all cleaned up or still pretty brutal.

I’d feel weird going back I think. I have to wait and see what DICE does here in the next little bit. I’m not sure I can convince any of my friends to join me in any other DICE game now.

23. Mark
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

I’m remember EA/DICE presentation of BF3 on E3, bragging themselves saying that ‘battlelog will offer a great service, lots of stuff, and its ALL FREE”. Anybody that saw it understood that as a plus over activision’s COD elite. BEING FREE.

Now comes the EA CEO praising activision online paid service? screw you Riccitiello.

• Copy WRONG
      April 13th, 2012 at 5:28 am

You hit the nail on the head. It was in every magazine, on every website about BF offering similar services as COD Elite but for FREE. Now some a-hole CEO wants to charge for crappy stat tracking and so on to make sure he gets his bonus this year meanwhile the game still doesn’t have an in game recording feature to play back your games like the amazingly awesome one COD has. They still haven’t bother to add a map for you to practice flying the vehicles and the list goes on and on and on and on… yeah I am calling it right now that if they try to charge us for stuff like in Elite you will see a huge ban on BF from the fans with protesters and everything. EA stop being losers and start making good games. BF3 was really just a really expensive glitch you sold, a-hole clown nose licker.

24. Cp6uja
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:08 pm

I bought BF3 and B2K for PC. I’ll buy another DLC if it comes out. I’ll buy another one if necessary.

BUT subscription? For FPS? This isn’t WoW nor CoD, please, don’t ruin the only good FPS on the market.

25. RebornShadow
    February 6th, 2012 at 10:08 pm

Looking at the support, especially the technical, you offer for BF3.. then looking at Battlelog itself.. Fuck that shit you ain’t gonna get my money.

If EA is seriously gonna implement something like this in future BF games, then I’m going to quit BF and as someone said earlier gonna wait for future Valve games… at least they have better support and don’t try to milk everyone with stupid DLC shit.

• TheLordVoldemort
      February 7th, 2012 at 6:17 am

Oh, they definitely don’t milk DLC. How long has it been?
      (Episode 3)

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
        February 7th, 2012 at 3:33 pm

Don’t hate on Valve. Look at Teamfortress 2. Years of free DLC and still going. One day they decide that they’ve been giving tons of new content out for free and they want to make profit. Do they start forcing people to buy new content? Hell no. They made the game free which attracted hundred of thousands of players to the game and made a massive increase in sales in their completely optional in-game store. Valve not only made profit, they made it in a way that didn’t screw over and piss off other players, all while bringing in thousands of new players to bolster the player base extending Teamfortress 2′s life. If EA could make smart decisions like this, then maybe they wouldn’t have such a horrible reputation.

And I just know I’m going to get the “hurr free 2 play r stoopidz pplz”
        Every TF2 player started out completely new at some point. That $15 dollars you spent on TF2 before it was free didn’t buy you skill.

More on topic: Why can’t EA make smart decisions like this for once?

• OH_J_Simpson
          February 8th, 2012 at 8:24 pm

Unfortunately, Valve is a privately owned company and as such isn’t subject to a bunch of corporate Fat Cats that only see dollar signs. This is the same issue as the Music and Movie industries being unable or unwilling to change their business models even though they are completely flawed and outdated.