BF3blog.com -- the leading Battlefield 3 fan site, with news, updates, videos, screenshots, rumors, and more.
  
On February 22nd, 2012 in News

BF3 mobile
After an onslaught of bad reviews and feedback from gamers, EA has pulled the mobile Battlefield 3 game, Battlefield 3: Aftershock, from Apple’s iOS App Store. The game was released earlier this month and sponsored by the upcoming movie Act of Valor, but EA has now decided to pull the game due to quality issues. EA said in a satement:

“…we have decided to remove Battlefield 3: Aftershock from the App Store and are currently re-evaluating the app in response to the consumer feedback we’ve received.”

No word on when or if the game will return to the App Store. Have you played Battlefield 3: Aftershock? What are (or, were) your thoughts on it?



53 COMMENTS & TRACKBACKS

  1. Kevin Meilak
    February 23rd, 2012 at 1:47 am

    I agree, how about a battlelog app that allows you to change the loadout on your phone and upload it to your ps3 etc, same as COD ELITE! ;-)

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  2. AceRyder86
    February 23rd, 2012 at 3:26 am

    WHERE IS THE NEW DLC? “ALL AMERICAN DLC”

    Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0
  3. Capo Status
    February 23rd, 2012 at 3:56 am

    I was down to ride for DICE but now idk. Ima tell you like I tell these bums I spank on bf step your game up

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  4. aL3x
    February 23rd, 2012 at 3:57 am

    The real issue with Battlefield 3 isn’t the game itself believe it or not. The great thing about a game is it can be patched, fixed, corrected and enhanced where needed… and whose job is that you wonder? DICE, the game developer and the people who should be running the Battlefield community, not some marketing/publisher powerhouse with nothing but dollar signs and stock projections in mind… why am I talking about this you may ask? It’s because the loyal, dedicated, veterans of this game know and understand that DICE is working their ass off to fix the game, and the issues we demand, but Electronic Arts worried about nothing but money. This community has been neglected since the launch of the game in October. No information on patches until release date, and no communication at all from the studio and developers on issues.

    As a longtime battlefield player, community manager, and a person who knows what is going on with this community on a daily basis, I’m frustrated, you’re frustrated… Shouldn’t we expect better? At least acknowledge the existence of the issues we present, and have a very long list of things to work on. Yet… we know none of this information have that communication now do we? You wonder why I assume of course, why is it that the studio who developed the game, cannot communicate with the followers, fans, and community that the very game they built? The answer of course is Electronic Arts… We can’t get information, or even acknowledgement about the issues we raise, patching schedules, game updates, or even hints at Downloadable content. Electronic Arts is too concerned with releasing information based on their precious yet inaccurate numbers that calculate the best times to release game updates and DLC. Not the community, not you, and certainly not me.

    DICE after all, is owned by EA… this isn’t all EA’s fault to be honest; some of the blame lies with DICE as well. Obviously there are some issues that are currently in the game that exist as problems because of the failure to QA said problems. (USAS-12, MAV Elevators, etc…) We can assume that a lot of these instances with weapons being so severely unbalanced and blatant issues with map glitches such as the MAV situation are because of the rush to push the game out to compete with Modern Warfare 3. Nevertheless, we’re kept in the dark with no patch schedule, no details, and not even direct responses from DICE, at all.

    So… this is what we’re going to do… as a community. We’re going to give Electronic Arts until Friday, March 2nd to announce the next major patch and the fixes that they have made, or are currently making. SOME acknowledgement of the outcry about the issues that is currently wrong with the game right now, today… Or we’re going to black out the entire battlefield community for 1 day, 24 hours, no playing, no posting, and no tweeting. Silence fed right back into the mouths of those who have chosen to give us the very same silence. We’ll be waiting for you to give us our community back EA, and put it in the very capable hands of the people who developed, and made the game. Please, we beg you, allow us to communicate, get information, and answers from the game developers, not bullshit responses on twitter from @Battlefield telling them to contact a game advisor.

    We don’t wait to make a list of demands, nor do we feel entitled or obligated for information. We want clarity, communication, open lines to the DICE Developers, and Community Management. We don’t have a list of demands… because this isn’t about getting patch notes tomorrow, or the next day. That’s a temporary fix… We want to be able to communicate with the game developers, and know that they hear us as a community, and as people who made the effort to go out and purchase their game.

    We’d just like to also clarify that we love and appreciate all the DICE developers, and enjoy very much interacting with them, sharing ideas and planning events with them. However, we are a community site, and we carry the voice and speak for the community, right now, the community needs your attention, communication, and a little more transparency as to what’s going on with the game.

    Stay updated here, and across all our sites for motivation and movement to Black Out the entire Battlefield community should it come to that… Follow the @dontrevivemebro and @Battlefieldo twitters for more information on the #BF3Blackout , should it come to this… hopefully it does not.
    source:http://battlefieldo.com/threads/blackout-battlefield.3881/

    Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0
  5. That Kid
    February 23rd, 2012 at 4:01 am

    Looks like EA has proven it can screw up more than one game!!!

    Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0
  6. D1RTYWQRK
    February 23rd, 2012 at 4:02 am

    “Dice” is that really hot girl from high school and “EA” is her loser boy friend who beats her and pimps her out for money and she stays with him because he keeps promising how rich he is going to make her…..

    Its sad

    Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0
  7. Leo Garza
    February 23rd, 2012 at 6:20 am

    Cmon Dice :( Give us what we want!

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  8. SZ_95
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:19 am

    I think if the Old DICE doesn’t step in or doesn’t get around to its promises that the community will have to step in and potentially take command, IE the community makes a battlelog app, the community makes an SDK and the community makes DLC. Despite being extremely difficult I think its better because then we can make mods, we can develop our own content and don’t have to beg EA. DICE isn’t releasing the SDK because Frostbite 2 is “difficult to program for and use” its because EA doesn’t want anything threatening its fucking DLC.

    Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0
  9. John
    February 23rd, 2012 at 7:58 am

    so have EA issued refunds to everyone who bought it then ?

    cos they damn welll should have if its so bad THEY pulled it

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  10. Thire
    February 23rd, 2012 at 9:17 am

    Just to tell you all, in Battlefield 2, DICE was in cooperation with EA.
    But i really want DLC news now, im growing tired of the vanilla maps.

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  11. Vidoviti Milan
    February 23rd, 2012 at 1:09 pm

    Eat Ass

    Thumb up 1 Thumb down 0
  12. Pugachev Cobra
    February 23rd, 2012 at 2:49 pm

    What happened to the “aggressive DLC plan”?

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  13. Butthurt over BF3 MAV riding
    February 23rd, 2012 at 2:54 pm

    MAV-riding rules… Y wudnt soldiers w/ guns/C4 be able 2 get on a rooftop? Sniping from rooftops is awesome

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0
  14. Dogz Bollox
    February 23rd, 2012 at 3:20 pm
  15. Ben
    February 27th, 2012 at 11:45 am

    Bahaha! They pulled it cuz it sucked ass, and because it was shitty.

    BF3 is shitty, and it sucks ass.

    We can only hope…

    Thumb up 0 Thumb down 0

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

You may use these HTML tags and attributes: <a href="" title=""> <abbr title=""> <acronym title=""> <b> <blockquote cite=""> <cite> <code> <del datetime=""> <em> <i> <q cite=""> <strike> <strong>