On January 19th, 2012 in News

BF3If cheating and hacking wasn’t a big enough of a problem in Battlefield 3 already, it turns out that one of the Battlelog moderators was caught hacking in the very same game he’s supposed to moderate.

If it wasn’t bad enough that there was just one more hacker in Battlefield 3, he was also promoted to moderator status by DICE, which gave him all sorts of privileges — e.g. deleting forum posts in Battlelog, according to some reports. The player, who went by the name “MrPropper777″, has since been removed as moderator and his stats have been wiped.

If there ever was an indication of just how big the hacking problem in Battlefield 3 is, this was it. Not only did DICE fail to catch him, they promoted him. Coming across a hacker in Battlefield 3 is now a common thing. Reporting players on Battlelog doesn’t seem to be working, or at least working fast enough. Even a simple glance at the top leaderboards reveals a horde of hackers, cheaters and boosters, and yet, those players have been there for months.

DICE needs to take stronger measures against hacking in Battlefield 3, if it’s even possible at this point. PunkBuster can only do so much, as Battlefield 3 has no built-in anti-cheat system. To make matters worse, when hackers are found, usually only their stats are wiped, while their accounts remain free. They simply go on hacking under a different name.

If DICE can’t catch the obvious hackers who headshot teams across the map and get 200+ kills in a round, how can they ever catch the subtle hackers? The ones who hack just enough so they seem like very good players, and not hackers?

1. Kirjakukka
    January 19th, 2012 at 7:39 pm

They caught him, so isn’t that success?

• allthatremains94
      January 19th, 2012 at 7:50 pm

But that is just one out of the thousands of hackers, cheaters, and boosters throughout this game.

• liar
        January 20th, 2012 at 1:27 am

The success and failure of DICE has little to do with catching them. It has much more to do with catching them quickly before they piss off the honest player base.

The best way to avoid hackers is find a responsible server that has a human admin looking for hacks. This game would be completely unplayable if it weren’t for those admins.

Pathetic DICE. Fix your game.

• Mastiff
          January 20th, 2012 at 5:11 am

That’s too late, I won’t play on MP anymore it’s a wasted effort.
          Dice just needs to start locking weapons, accessoriess and encrypt them.

• Implied
          January 20th, 2012 at 9:05 am

Its odd because, I remember Hacking issues with Bad Company 2, Battlefield 2, even 2142, but nothing this bad… Wtf DICE?

• acechopper
          January 20th, 2012 at 12:35 pm

The hacks in BF3 at this stage is no much harm.

We as a clan run about 4 servers and we ban them guid, ip and name etc.
          Got rid of this hacker easy!

The real problem was in Battlefield 2 were they could crash a server in less then 0,1 second, spam your server etc, do real damage. The hacks at this stage is childsplay in my eyes (compared to BF2, that is….)

• Ezmarii
          January 20th, 2012 at 1:38 pm

I agree. Find a server with live admins and you’re good to go. I stick to servers that advertise PBB or GGC streaming bans. Mostly anyway. XD

For a shameless plug, and I have no affiliation with this server, other than that I love the players and owners who frequent it. Search in the server browser for BRIG DALLAS. Live admins, using certain keywords in chat will bring admins to the server, and they have a few streaming admins to catch those who are shifty.

• Hyp3rw0lf
          March 27th, 2012 at 6:36 pm

Yes, I totally agree, hackers need to be dealt with asap. It has now gotten so common to use hacks, that when my brother had a real nice game, with decent stats, someone said “please turn off your cheats!” There is obviously no way to recognize players from cheaters.

The utter n00b – Hyp3rw0lf -

• tp
          May 18th, 2012 at 9:57 pm

At the time you posted this, it was already a month too late. Ive had all the battlefield games, dont think I would play another… whilst it was a good game, it was completely ruined by tards and they didnt do a whole lot to stop it.

• Staton
          June 8th, 2012 at 12:22 am

Must be on pc only…

• 11101101
          July 10th, 2012 at 10:14 pm

As a former online player of Planetside, the patterns of hackers taking over and denial from the hacking players, the admins and staff at dice are similar to each other.
          When you complain, someone just pawns it off as your bad skills, their good skills, or your system is bad…..etc…
          So, I saw it coming long ago, as they started to affect gameplay.
          I believe it’s their legal departments that tell them not to admit any fault in the system.
          Recently at E3, Dice announced the future of BF3 with expansion packs.
          If they don’t do something to end the menace hacker from playing online, this game is over.

• Alarik95
          September 25th, 2012 at 7:39 pm

I’ve been called a hacker numerous times, but I’m too dumb to know how to hack. The only hack I’ve done is on CoD 4 with those copy paste hacks on version 1.00 where 99% of the people are cheating, so it’s not unfair.

Yesterday I was playing conquest on armored shield and I went 6-4 with little points. The next round the server apparently had TDM on Karkand. I used my flanking skill to get behind the enemy who was defending a house and I had knife-taken down 10 guys and shot 20 other guys in the first 5-7 minutes. I was kicked by admin after knifing this recon guy in a fire fight with my clan leader, who I told to only suppress the recon. He was so butt hurt he accused me of teleportation and hacking to knife people. I just went offline.

• sickerman
          October 22nd, 2012 at 11:23 pm

I’m totally done with this game, they don’t monitor anything,, games are completely one sided and there is a slew of stupid crap going on. I’ve had it…. Dice can scrub my stats take my guy down or do whatever they want, never buy a product from them again or play MP on any of their products regardless of promises

• TheLordVoldemort
        January 20th, 2012 at 2:14 am

There seems to be a misconception about what happened. I created a forum post and got an official reply from moderator T0talfps. He said,
        “Not sure where this rumour is coming from, but the guy was a moderator. He was from the russian side of the boards, all languages have their own set of moderators to aid that section of the community thus making it so native-speakers to that language can assist the community they know and understand the most.

Most likely thing is that this moderator then used the change language option at the bottom of your screen to switch to the english forums and do said actions. Ultimately, he was already a moderator.. I personally and Canuck, did not recognize him.. but we are not going to know every single moderator, nor is the community either.

Hope this helps,

T.”
        From this thread http://battlelog.battlefield.com/bf3/forum/threadview/2832654489569526854/

Other than the fact that he was, indeed, a hacker of the game i.e. an aimbot, wallhack, etc, he did not hack his moderator status. He legitimately got appointed by the Russian BF3 Moderators to be a moderator, where he went to the bottom of Battlelog, changed the language filter to English (as opposed from Russian) and edited the moderators posts to say хуй – the Russian word for dick.

Another false claim is that he only got a stats wipe – wrong. He was banned. If you go to somebody’s Battlelog profile and they have a silver recruit rank – they either 1) haven’t played (usually DICE/EA members) or 2) got banned (which includes a stat reset regardless).

I was on the forums when this incident happened and mods responded – if you have anymore questions, just reply.

P.S. For the LOLz, It was a provocation, he was not cheating, just better playing.

• Amino
          March 29th, 2012 at 8:33 pm

Gee a Russian hacker… what a surprise!

• Kastrenzo
          June 8th, 2012 at 7:04 am

That’s a pretty nasty sterotype,

I find just as many western hackers as russians or eastern europeans.
          the difference is that there isnt as much done to counter them in E.Europe

• ann1h1lat0r9
        March 29th, 2012 at 10:49 am

I don’t have any problems with boosters because they are people that play in stupid ways without spoil the gameplay. now all cheater and hackers must be banned because they can ruin a good match. one of them start to call all my team mates noobs. And the question is: who is the real noob?
        For me even a guy with a round score 7/20 for example have more skill that those f****** cheaters

• Juba
        May 8th, 2012 at 4:53 pm

The solution is Either Built-in Anti-cheat System Or alot of trusted Moderators of DICE its self to care more about the reporting system and the forums!

• StNr-DaM
      January 19th, 2012 at 8:25 pm

They only caught him due to diligent users who named and shamed him in the forum.
      If you was around the forum the time it happened, the way it was handled was shocking, with topics being removed completely and not just topics that was naming this arsehat. Still no full feedback has been given to the community that i’m aware of, its like they are hoping this will die out and people will forget.

• Mr_B
      January 19th, 2012 at 8:51 pm

Sadly it wasn’t DICE/EA or PB that called him out as a cheat it was the players themselves that had to name and shame him on the battlelog forums, the very thing that they don’t want the player base doing and constantly censor/remove posts that do just that.

• Mastiff
        January 20th, 2012 at 2:06 pm

that in of itself is censorship. So top level people are above the law.
        The only way to get anything done is write an email about the offense with pics as I did. Then email them to the top executives. I did this 3 years ago about a problem with hackers in the game, deleting my post of said hackers and no one getting punished for it.

• ShavedApe
      January 19th, 2012 at 8:54 pm

They didnt catch him the users did, there was no official statement made no apologies made etc. It was simply swept very quickly under the carpet and the threads exposing him where removed and users even threatened with being banned if they continued to name him. It was and remains a complete farce with no explanation or even a comment from anyone not even the so called community leaders. Have to say community leader is clearly a misleading title because it seems to me they have very little to do with the community at all and very rarely do anything community related.

• Jonathan Kiviniemi
      January 20th, 2012 at 1:56 pm

And this is why I play any game other than a single player RTS on console instead of PC. Hackers will never be stopped, the game developers will always be a step behind, patching the holes the hackers used to get through yesterday.

• TheLordVoldemort
      January 20th, 2012 at 3:09 pm

@Toshiro Tanaka
      The hacker’s name was MrPropper777, not MrPopper777; you’ve forgotten an ‘r’.

• Alirocks1
      January 24th, 2012 at 4:37 pm

Wrong.

If dice can’t even manage it’s own staff.
      How are they going to manage all the other hackers?

This hacker thing is getting out of hand.
      If there are is 1 person who plays unfair other people think they have the right to play unfair too.
      It’s like a disease started by the fact the other one plays better than they do and think it’s unfair.

• Daniel (SilentMeerkat68)
        May 17th, 2012 at 7:12 am

i belong to a clan of core gamers and even though ppl say we got no lives,, playing games is the way we do money.. anyway i remember during the first days that i played in PC i got fed up with so much hackers in a server,,, unlimited ammo, aim bots, no damage. in our clan a new member came with this usb and told us to installs some hacks, we did to test if was true and they did work……., i did just took the usb and then i burn it with my lighter. we did report the guy with even his house address and stuff.. to DICE (Sweden) i know it sounds to much but this is what we do for living.. i haven’t play BF3 on my pc in months we switched to xbox..

• Bob
      April 4th, 2012 at 5:08 am

BF3 is a program like any other, programmers made it and can fix it, else no one will buy their product. In most other games, lower ranks are imune from high ranks. This insures new people enjoy the game. And all players have a strict limit of (Oh say 10 kills) per session. If you maxed then you can only provide support to your team, which although rarely practiced can be a fun experience. Since a cap would exsist a hacker would be bored after a minute into the round while every one else would be having fun, WHICH BY THE WAY DICE, fun is what your job should be. Hire someone to remind you of who your real customers are!

• sightline75
        April 18th, 2012 at 12:59 pm

There are some really funny comments here. Someone thinks that cheats dont exist, another thinks that its ok to because the game was not design well and a report on a console hack. Nice.
        Ok, first there are hackers. OK. You think that you havent seen one so they dont exist, thats fine. I just finished a game with an obvious hacker, witha KD ratio of about 86/4. And he wasnt finished. He could shot you anywhere on the map, the kill cam confirmed this and he was not even leaving the section of the map he spawned in, and it was the canal map, so there were buildings in the line of sight to all other players.
        Hacking is irritating because it ruins the fun of other players, in a childish and immature way. “I want to feel like a god and run around shooting everything” or “I can brag to my friends about how good i am”. In both cases you are only cheating yourself, you will never develop as a player and unless you a sociopath or chronic liar it should be a hollow victory. 24 hours should make anyone a decent player, then you can start using tactics and team work to break down the enemy, a really satisfying way to win. In this way the cheats are not validated because DICE didnt create a good enough anti-cheat system, the contract that you play under should be thought of as you and the other players in the game, the argument that its OK because we can, is a attempt to turn the blame back on someone else. Just like you cheat to win, your trying to argue then that its someone elses fault not you. We all have choices, making the worst one is generally your fault.
        Console hack? Awesome.

PS: I do alright without hacking, i get a lot of fun out of the game. I have learnt to use strategy to win. Thats whats worth the price of the game, my personal satisfaction.

• shadesofalan
          May 17th, 2012 at 3:24 am

Must give cudos dude, this game is really a blast when you have Teamspeak and players who understand the art of war. Too many times I want to scream at a team that we need to cover the backside along with the front only to watch guys come through an knife everyone because they are looking the other way. Hackers really just dont get it, it’s a freakin game meant for fun not false glory and “I’m mister badass”. Too bad the DICE doesn’t fix this because the next 2 DLC’s look like a lot of fun. Just wanted to post that your spot on sightline75 hope to catch you in game sometime.

• HeadShotMan123
          June 1st, 2012 at 2:38 pm

i tip my hat in your favor what your saying is true ive been in lobby with hackers they piss me off but i really dont think of it much till they just kill every one in the game with one shot that makes me angry so i just get off to chill down a little and dont worry about that much till yesterday my sister got on her account played and got deranked by a hacker in a lobby

• Rangaboi124
          June 4th, 2012 at 12:46 pm

As a console player I personally haven’t found as many hackers as, what seems to me, there are on pc.
          I understand what people do and i get it all, but with the new “own your own server” thing, i just think it gives the owner a little bit too much power…
          I’m just going to go into a little story here, just wanted to let you know before i go into it. I was playing a game and doing reasonably well, it was a rush game on sine crossing and i was going 6-0 with 3 point caps, but i think it would have been more like 6-8 if i wasn’t revived so many times by team mates, and then i was suddenly kicked, no warning, just kicked, and i had a friend still playing in the game so i re join and then i get banned for no good reason to my knowledge, i wasn’t doing anything wrong just doing well… so i personally think its all just in most players head that some people are hacking or cheating but in most cases it seems not… why do people need 2 cheat?

Signed your friendly neighborhood ranga – Rangaboi124

p.s: i know this comment / reply is late but whatever…

• Thephiladelphiaexperiment
      July 12th, 2012 at 10:06 pm

Any of you guys come across the invincible tanks yet? I saw one take 3-4 javelins and RPGs a minute and take no damage. Guy got 32 for 0. Make me sick

• dan
        July 20th, 2012 at 9:58 pm

ya i saw one on PS3 he is from italy and hacks tanks..only on map canals and crossing..he has 150+ kills per game..dies 3-6 times if he is lucky..and its only in a tank… his name is Misran1125 on PS3.. and he has a server for canals 400% 24/7.. and when he is not in a tank he sucks ..i called him out..and all they have to say is im a noob and my stats suck im level 62 Cor. my house my wife and 7 yr plays on my name..wich messes up my stats..but i dont care about stats..so they rip on me and i challenge misran1125 he wont accept..sence then he has toned down his kills to 50 or less with 3-4 deaths…tired of hackers renting servers here in US eastern …there should be servers where Europe and Asia cant join Eastern USA servers ..cause over there..they have hacks where there is non for PS3 in the USA…(yet)

• Jericho
          August 27th, 2012 at 5:14 am

That’s kind of harsh man, I’m Republic of China Army and I like to play BF3, but I grew up in the states and all my friends are there in the US. I would it really be fair to just rule me out simply because I’m serving my Legal National obligation?

• Tache
      August 27th, 2012 at 1:28 pm

EA dont care about your gameplay they need your money and i don’t there is such thing as anti-Hacking measures said in the contract you agreed with it

• Perlek
      November 24th, 2012 at 2:08 pm

i remember when they posted a video on battlefield official facebook page with some french guys fragmovie,that guy was so obivius with hack,even aimboting so hard with scope,i wont be suprised if they promoted him aswell,some of those admins are to stupid to notice,but im sure there are lots of others who knows about it and keep their mouths shut,even now they are posting some montages and frags wich are made with hacks,i got a bf3 as a present but i’d never buy multiplayer fps,cuz there are no use of it when in 1month after release it becomes unpleyable because of cheaters

2. THE DB
    January 19th, 2012 at 7:48 pm

Daaaaaamm… a Moderator was caught hacking/cheat???? I hope they Fired his ass…

3. Mg CoLLaT
    January 19th, 2012 at 7:51 pm

I could not agree more!!! Very big problem in this game.. ohhh yeah!!! where are the private servers for console players?? You cant even compete competitively, with your clan against other clans or “teams” through say… Gamebattles or fragednation without playing squad rush!!! wtf? This game could completely dominate the COD sires if DICE made this game more for the hardcore Battlefield fans!

Dose anyone else have the same opinion, or am i the only bf3 fanboy on console?

• Tankhunter
      January 19th, 2012 at 8:32 pm

I agree!

• rtm00se
      January 19th, 2012 at 9:16 pm

It was DICE’s stupid decision to design this game for console in the first place that caused this issue.. Console gamers are casual idiots, if you want to compete get a PC and play with the big boys

• matsta
        January 19th, 2012 at 9:52 pm

casual gamers? at least we dont need anti cheat measures to ENJOY our games….

• Skylark
          January 20th, 2012 at 7:45 am

The only reason you don’t need anti-cheat measures in you’re games is that there’s not cheat or hack in console multiplayer even if you wanted to!

• Tom
          January 27th, 2012 at 5:36 pm

Keep on believing there aren’t hackers in console games. I’m sure that will work out well for you.

• Peter Chase
        January 19th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

You’re saying because I and the other 1.5 million people who bought this game on console within the first week are all idiots? In what way? Console is cheat free, console has viop, console has it’s own ingame server browser. and console doesn’t have to deal with that god awful origin. Not to mention myself nor no one I know owns a pc powerful enough for this game. And what exactly a “casual idiot”. someone who only plays vid games casually is an idiot? Words cannot describe how deep your head is in your ass.

• Implied
          January 19th, 2012 at 10:51 pm

Last I checked, your VoIP doesn’t work, and we don’t need to deal with Origin either, we can remove it. I have no idea how bad the In-Game Server Browser with Battlefield 3 is, but Battlelog is a far better Server Browser than anything any Battlefield PC Game has had so far.

Any Mediocre PC can play Battlefield 3, its not a very System-Heavy thing. You can max it out on a Radeon HD 6970 and still get over 60 FPS. The excuse that PCs are too expensive or whatever doesn’t fly with people who actually know what they’re talking about, as a 500$ PC could play BF3 on Medium Settings and still look better than the Console Version.

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
          January 20th, 2012 at 1:32 am

Why are people still fueling this stupid argument? Neither platform is perfect. They all have their pros and cons. Period.

Their is always going to be that random ass posting some comment about his platform being more superior. They’re no different from trolls; give them an audience and they’ll continue trolling. Ignore them and they’ll get bored and go elsewhere.

On topic: I nearly shit myself when I read this blog post. Thanks for bringing this into light BF3blog.

• Skylark
          January 20th, 2012 at 7:49 am

@Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster : Exactly!!! Finally… somebody said it! Thank youuu!

• 82
          January 20th, 2012 at 6:58 pm

I don’t get it anymore.
          PC people, please
          Console people, PLEASE!
          I’m getting tired of people fighting over the dumb shit. I’ve just about had it. Why the hell are people fighting over which is better!
          I just don’t get why PC think all Console player are little kids. I didn’t get my console because it had little kids I got it because I know any game I buy for it I know will work.

Compared to my computer. This current computer can barely run Minecraft. “Why dun you sell ur childish console and tv and buy a better computer? Hurp derp?!” Well because even if I did sell all of it I would have about $200-$300. Crappy TV, crappy looking console, crappy laptop, crappy everything!

And even If I was able to sell enough to buy a good computer It would only last for about a year. Then I would have to buy a new something for it to run a new game!

I don’t have that issue with my console, If I buy a game I know it will work. Don’t care how crappy it looks just care how it run and plays. and 7/10 of some of the friends I have over console said that is why they got theirs too. The other 3 said it was because other friends had one.

Sorry that some people aren’t able to afford the latest and newest computer parts.
          Sorry that we like to play with controllers.
          Sorry others have a different opinion other then yours!

NOW GET OVER IT AND GET ON DICE’S BUTTS ABOUT THE CRAP THAT NEEDS FIXING!

P.S. Sorry, nerd rage…

• a_l_s961
          March 26th, 2012 at 2:20 pm

Console’s are not “cheat free” as you wrongly claimed, look at the servers back on CoD WaW, CoD 4 and MW2, there were many servers that were hacked and numerous people who had been using such bull shit as wall hacks, speed hacks, etc, not to mention the prestige hacks. I remember when I used to be one of you “console gamers” on my PS3, that’s what a huge problem was on those games so, your statement is completely false. Also clearly you haven’t experienced battlelog as it is a fairly good server browser and you can filter well between available servers to find the best that suits your needs. As well as your lack of knowledge for a “PC that is capable of running it” the game is not that demanding, my nvidia geforce gtx560 runs the game at great frame rates and maxed out, my whole set up only had cost $750 which is practically nothing as well as looks far better than on the dumbed down consoles, piece of shit 6 year old technology….

• channel
          April 18th, 2012 at 3:02 am

I play on pc for keyboard and mouse controls and better graphics I have nothing against consoles but the price point argument is vw my rig cost me 800 and plays bf3 Maxed out built it myself. Last time I checked you need a pc anyways for regular shit so why not spend the extra couple hundred and get one that plays games well instead of spending 500 on a shit pc and 300 on a console with 6 year old hardware?

• Trollzor
        January 20th, 2012 at 1:03 am

LOL im here laughing my ass off you guys talking about how uber cool your PC’s are but really no one cares. Yes i feel bad for you guys that consoles are the lead platform it really should go to the PC guys :( but hey it wasn’t our fault it was under DICE’s sleeve so please keep the console hate to yourself, were all Battlefieldans right?

• esoxlucius51
        March 25th, 2012 at 11:40 am

if game developers/producers only made for PC,they would soon go bust,wheredo you think they make their money?dissing console gamers over PC is pretty purile,we are all gamers regardless of platfom.

• truevip
        September 11th, 2012 at 3:10 pm

Actually, pc is for practical uses it wad invented for. Consoles are more stable in performance and display better being oriented for a TV. Not to mention that consoles are encrypted and safe from 90% of hacks and system errors. How could anything be better than a device explicitly designed for games, that operates only games, and only one at a time on its own nerwork infrastructure?
        It can’t and it isn’t.

• markus73
      January 20th, 2012 at 12:42 am

Official dedicated > private servers because otherwise you console kiddies will pull your bullshit like standby glitching and all the stuff halo noobs do.

• Your Friendly Neighborhood Poster
        January 20th, 2012 at 1:40 am

Troll. I give you a -2/10.

• Pr0faker (menno)
      January 20th, 2012 at 1:03 am

You see them everywhere but very high numbers at the metro only high tickets servers due they will give easy killing without emptying the server too fast. have seen 3 of them do this TODAY. One even killed with the ammo box. There should be an build in system that automatically kills, kicks and bans people that get 15 kills in less then 5 seconds. no human would be able to get that done in a normal game. This would effectively kill those hackers pretty quickly. or at least it should be a server option to turn on.

• i still havent played bf3
        January 21st, 2012 at 9:57 am

That actually can be possible by a regular player. Just C4 and maybe anti tank mines around the place for a ambush with usas 12g frags. Boom boom.boom

4. Mike
    January 19th, 2012 at 7:58 pm

This is why I don’t play bf3 anymore. Today is my one month, and im still having withdrawls.

• derp
      January 20th, 2012 at 6:38 pm

I only got my copy for $30, so I don’t feel that bad that I don’t play this game as much.

5. NinjaQuick
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

79 people were banned yesterday alone.
    There have been 3594 bans so far.

EvenBalance reviews every case before banning, and they have banned people that don’t even look like hackers.

Unfortunately, nobody appears to use PBSS anymore, otherwise there would be many more bans. It takes about a week for someone to get banned (from when they hacked). Even if they went legit after 1 session with cheats, they will get banned.

• NinjaQuick
      January 19th, 2012 at 8:09 pm

Up to now, just today, there have been 73 bans.

To put my above numbers into perspective:

Banned hackers have spent over 215,640 USD on cd-keys, for their first license alone. Not to mention subscription fees to get the hacks in the first place.

• Canusticle
        January 19th, 2012 at 8:28 pm

PBSS has been very hard for server admins to access thanks to EA’s policies set with GSP’s about FTP access. It has proven to be a task and a half to review PBSS.

This is all on DICE and EA for letting this go wild like it has.

• DaForce2000
          January 19th, 2012 at 11:34 pm

PBSS doesn’t cut it either. The good paid hax are not detectable with PBSS, or PB at all for that matter.

DICE needs to somehow reverse engineer the paid hacks and get proper in game anti-cheat.

PB doesn’t cut it, wiping stats based on player reports doesn’t cut it, DICE really need to step up and fix the rampant cheating!!

• NinjaQuick
          January 20th, 2012 at 6:46 pm

Actually, PB detects almost all hacks, the autoban is off though. So EB manually bans people.

All the hack/cheat providers think it is all good and advertise as though no-one is getting banned but 3650 bans tell me otherwise.

• HillBillyJim
        January 23rd, 2012 at 10:50 am

Your point drives something even bigger. That money is just the first keys, you start adding the amount spent by cheaters to replace those keys and you start seeing why EA?DICE aren’t stomping them out. They lose money if they do so. They are making more money off the hackers than they are/have been off all legit buyers. (I know legit keys still out number them but they are gaining) So to try to stomp them completely out would lose money for EA/DICE in the long run. So they go and ban handfuls here and there for show and nothing more. A way to try to appease the masses. Ultimately who really supports this or any other Battlefield game???? The hackers do!

6. Aaron W
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:01 pm

Makes me wonder if I will ever play a game hack and cheat free. This has really gotten out of hand and is really ruining the experience of the game. Many players are new to the Battlefield series and this is not a great impression to how Dice runs things. I think fixing the holes in this game that have allowed cheaters to take advantage of and ruin this game should be a priority. DLC is no good if those same cheaters go into those games and ruin it.

• Redemption
      April 29th, 2012 at 2:55 pm

And this is why you should play MWF3.. Lol.

7. rick
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:02 pm

Howbad it is, Dice will never win this..the hackers and “boosters” are smarter then the developers.

• Pr0faker (menno)
      January 20th, 2012 at 1:06 am

the problem is that each time one hack gets banned, another 2 are ready to go. Also if only a really small portion is hacking, the efforts do not outweigh the profits from going after them. Logically this is not the case for bf3, thus they are working hard to get this within limits.

8. balagan
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:03 pm

You cannot even trust punkbuster. I was kicked a few days ago for supposedly using some not allowed tool, which is not true. My K/D ratio was quite good, I was using mortar that round a lot with good success. I hope simply a good K/D ratio will not make me a hacker.

9. ecc
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:11 pm

And all those PC gamers had all that shit to say…

• UrMom306
      January 19th, 2012 at 10:35 pm

sure but no need to hate on our pc comrades…I hope they get it all sorted out so they can get back to some fair bf3 goodness (minus the bugs and broken things :-P )

10. Bogie
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:12 pm

Why don’t they add a bit of code in game that takes a low res screen grab and uploads it to Battlelog at the end of a round? That way anyone who is wall hacking can be reported on immediately?
    There should also be flag alerts of excessive kills.
    And how about a button to report player in game, and a large easy vote kick hacker button?

• Joel
      January 20th, 2012 at 7:13 am

“Clean” punkbuster screenshots is a “feature” of some hacks

• Mastiff
      January 20th, 2012 at 2:12 pm

that won’t work alot of the hackers and cheaters leave the game before it can ban them. Then once the map is finished reloading they come back in.

• dan
      July 20th, 2012 at 10:16 pm

how about they sell a anti-hack program to people that want a fair game…it will put a “shield ” around me from hackers only…this way if a person is hacking and shoots me with his gun,tank, rocket or what ever..it will not kill me if i have this program …only a hack free person would be able to kill me…they would sell like hot cakes..they make money and the hackers go away

11. N1KLoT
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:22 pm

Personally I’ve never seen one guy who was clearly hacking in my almost 200h of online gameplay, though I have been accused of hacking numerous times… I play only on gcc protected servers and you can seen messages “Player blablabla was banned for Hack such and such” in the chat box every minute but I haven’t seen one guy actually making it on the server.
    So just because someone has a KD of over 2 doesn’t make him a hacker… watch out for guys with LMGs and spinning around like yo-yos on steroid and 100-0+ scores on operation metro in a 1000 ticket server. These guys are hacking.
    Unfortunately those fucking kids who got BF3 for christmas and get destroyed by people who have thousands of hours of game time experience in FPSs and then start whining how everybody is hacking are way way more annoying than the idiot hacker who’s gonna be banned very quickly on a good server anyway.

• Pr0faker (menno)
      January 20th, 2012 at 1:09 am

lol, I know, I have only kd of 1,29 and just because I got a good game 53-12 on metro someone began saying uuuh hacker hacker! I never lol’d so hard about someone being so wrong.

but yeah the obvious ones are the most annoying for us, the not so obvious ones the most annoying for the devs to find.

• youlikeicecream
      July 19th, 2012 at 11:47 am

“watch out for guys with LMGs and spinning around like yo-yos on steroid”

I saw one of those in “The Noob HUnter” on youtube, in one of the out-takes. I figured the guy must have spotted him on the minimap at the last second (it happens) and then had a really high sensitivity. But it seems it was probably an aim bot.
      @ 2:48

12. Dax
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:26 pm

As u can see on sticky topics that are again edited it says now “del” RUSBAT_Catman in new moderator russian like allmost all of his russian friends.

13. SANDMAN37
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:27 pm

this is becoming a major problem! this game wont take long to go to the wayside as did mw2! its to bad cause this a awsome game but as it sounds seems that there is nothing that can be done about this which leaves a wide open gap for cheaters,hackers and whatever ells might seep on in! if dice cant stop this and punk buster cant than who and what can? as is known by playing doesent matter match or server there is atleast a few of these scrubs in every game! i think the issue lies with dice in first place by not taking better measures in first place,though its not there fault,they should of worked on this better before release! and as a side note sup with all the so called dlc for this game? wont take long again to loose fans between hacking and lack of new map content!

14. Sym
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:31 pm

How about something as rudimentary as a working CallVote kick system? It’s not rocket science, and the few servers I’ve seen one active on for for stupid things like “Callvote kick for teamkilling”. Should be 3 TKs = autokick and callvote for getting rid of hacks.

• Rap7or
      January 19th, 2012 at 9:47 pm

think about the kids kicking anyone who kills them or just has a good K/D ratio

• Turdxferguson
        May 10th, 2012 at 2:43 am

I was questioning someone using some type of cheating/hacking earlier today which brought me to this page – so thank you for giving me insight.

Admin abuse sucks as well. It’s so frustrating. 1000 ticket game – With myself and 2 buddies getting booted with 100 tickets left. Went back into that server where everyone from my previous team had been kicked. What a waste of hours. Now I only look for DICE servers, but those are rare to find anyway. I think I’m done with game after reading all of these posts and am definitely going to rethink the next DICE/EA game I buy.

15. sUS
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:37 pm

Lost interest in this game. It lived a good life. But not long. Back to Tf2.

16. OMGLolz
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:44 pm

This is just appalling… the fact that moderators are now hacking too just makes me wanna hit my keyboard! I have temporarily stopped playing BF3 because of the hacking crisis, I just can’t be bothered. If this gets any worse, there will be so many hackers that no longer will players be competing for the stop score, but hackers will be competing for whoever has the fastest hack. Sort it out DICE, create a backup system or wipe the top leaderboards because right now I’m looking at someone with a skill level of 3000 and that’s a dead rat if ever saw one -_-

17. Domokaze
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:45 pm

It’s not even THAT hard to play BF3 and get a good kill/death ratio. It’s all about team work. I believe that hackers want to hack because they want to be the lone wolf, the one man army and that’s just crap. There is no reason to hack, play legitimately or just don’t play at all!

• SANDMAN37
      January 19th, 2012 at 9:54 pm

i agree! its really not that hard at all! good comment!

• Pr0faker (menno)
      January 20th, 2012 at 1:13 am

The most logical reason is to get all unlocks very quickly, they should a gun one 1000 ticket round, they get around 200-300 kills with it, so after 2 rounds you have the mastery tag and 5 stars + all unlocks for that weapon.

• Pr0faker (menno)
        January 20th, 2012 at 1:14 am

*should = shoot *derp*

18. hanovi82
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:51 pm

I am glad mrpopper got caught I played him in a match not long ago and thought he was hacking but I couldnt prove it. I was playing a guy the other day and he would disappear as soon as he stated getting hit so I snuck around and knifed him made me feel good sucka!!!

19. testaccount
    January 19th, 2012 at 8:52 pm

obvious fail, dice
    and ea, for not permbanning

20. Jay
    January 19th, 2012 at 9:05 pm

Ohhh a stat wipe. How reassuring. /sarcasm.

Seriously, why are cheaters not banned? It stinks and hacking is gonna be the down fall of this game. Its gonna end up hackers vs hackers.

21. IHackBF3
    January 19th, 2012 at 9:06 pm

I hope they don’t fix it…I’m almost ranked first on the leaderboard. Give me time DICE!

• this game is broken
      January 19th, 2012 at 10:12 pm

you are a piece of shit. how the hell is it fun to play when you aint got no skill,they should put you in front of a fireing squad of legit players to kill you with a gatling gun!!!!!

• Luck7
        January 20th, 2012 at 12:50 pm

No you are a piece of shit. What are you 7 years old. Just because Dice made a piece of shit game with more holes than Swiss cheese doesn’t give you the right to call people shit.

• bigbadbub
          April 3rd, 2012 at 2:57 pm

just cos there’s holes dont mean you need to exploit them, you must of been pretty shit to start with if you needed to find an exploit. i’m decent at this game, therefor never founjd a need to go looking for a hole. just to point out, i dont think hackers are primarilly concerned with topping leader boards, much like the troll, they purely feed of others misery!!

• Mirac
          June 2nd, 2012 at 9:26 pm

ANYONE who cheats and ruins the game for honest people is a low-life piece of scum. Typical dumbass, saying because the game can be exploited, that makes it Ok to cheat. Didnt you low-lifes have parents who taught you to be honest in life? They cheat because they are low-life cowards hiding behind a PC screen..try that stuff face to face, in real life, say playing poker with a room full of strangers, just try that crap. HONEST people paid good money to enjoy the game and shouldn’t be denied it because some people are just plain dishonest scum.

• GMS95
      January 20th, 2012 at 1:18 am

Gtfo and go play MW3 because nobody wants your hacking ass here… Maybe some day you can get some skills and join the rest of us.

22. FDSDH 011i
    January 19th, 2012 at 9:21 pm

hackers with an aimbot will have a reaction time far faster than a normal person would so surely they just need to look at how quickly a person aims and fires at an enemy

• rullur
      June 5th, 2012 at 10:04 am

So you’re saying, there’s a limit to how good a player can be??? I’ve recently been hassled by the Clan members [LNK]Seethingdeath00 and [LNK]xLEADxPOISON . They claim the hack finding system they had running on the server, registered me having an aim-bot. I was using an Iron sights SV98 no straight pull bolt, which is badass btw. No lame telescopes, And i went 24 and 5 SDM. They told me Im gonna be putt on youtube for hacking, and will get banned once the DEV see the footage.

My response after completely owning them, without hacking! And after all their complete noob crying messages i said ” Im just that good “. Pretty arrogant yes, but i wasn’t lying.

My argument is, in the case of someone accused of hacking because of an aim-bot. What if it turns out, In my case they really arrant? How can a anti hack system work to the absolute full extent? Whithout it being programed to what a persons fingers and thumbs are capable of? Well, you really can’t. Not everyone can play a guitar like Jimi Hendrix. Only some, a small amount of us can say were actually not hacking, and were just that good. My gamer tag Is ( RulluR ) I am not a f***ing hacker thats right [LNK]xLEADxPOISON

I think its sad, because im being truthful and all i get in return is bullshit from them. They sound like complete retards from my end, all i can do is laugh when they call me garbage.

23. FDSDH 011i
    January 19th, 2012 at 9:29 pm

just looked on leader boards found someone in top 10 on xbox
    Kills 14 441
    Deaths 248
    K/D Ratio 58.23
    Kill assists 5
    Score/Min 11 298
    I’m not sure thats possible without cheating, doesn’t add up, a score like that with only 5 assists (I have 250). Also the K/D is crazy, almost impossible…

• AK7007
      January 19th, 2012 at 10:48 pm

What do their reports look like? Are they an insane pilot with >50% quits that has never set foot on ground/routinely go 25-0? Otherwise, super cheater.

• Pr0faker (menno)
        January 20th, 2012 at 1:17 am

look at the score per minute, impossible to get with jet. Also those scores are very hard to get. you would have to get 58 to 1 average. ofcourse there are good pilots but not THAT good.

24. MRLoadingERROR
    January 19th, 2012 at 9:38 pm

We need a new anti-cheat system.Punkbuster failed even in BF2.I got banned by admins from servers that I have never played in.I think we need a new anti-cheat system.

25. tthejokerr
    January 19th, 2012 at 9:44 pm

love the pc version, but this is why i got it for xbox. and if you dont understand that then you deserve to be killed by a hacker

• 82
      January 20th, 2012 at 4:38 pm

No need to be so mean to the PC gamers. They already have enough on their plate to do with the hackers.

They don’t need you or I to say anything about the Consoles.

And I swear if this starts a chain platform war I’m going to kill you all.

*under breath* with hacks…