On January 18th, 2012 in Editorial, News

Battlefield 3 DLC
We’ve previously heard from EA that Battlefield 3 has aggressive DLC plans, and even DICE said that the company was restructured around DLC and has “massive DLC plans” for Battlefield 3. It’s been a few months since the release of Battlefield 3, and we’ve been wondering: where is all the promised DLC?

It’s been a few months since the release of Battlefield 3, player numbers have steadied, and yet, there hasn’t been a single DLC announcement besides Back To Karkand, which we knew about long before Battlefield 3′s release.

Battlefield 3′s main competitor, Modern Warfare 3, will be getting no less than 20 DLC packs over the next six months, according to Activision. 20 DLC packs is no doubt overkill, but at this point, EA needs to respond with something, some kind of announcement regarding Battlefield 3 DLC plans.

What do you think? Is it too early to announce new DLC?

1. v0lTc0nTr0l
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Why?

Because they fucking finished BTK less than 2 months ago. They’re still tweaking it. I’m sure they’re working on the DLC on low burn, but it’s hardly time for an announcement.

2. Brian
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:03 pm

Do you guys even play bf3

It’s out just go see for your shelf

• Brian
      January 18th, 2012 at 10:44 pm

Self

3. Goggles
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:07 pm

I would like to see WWII… “Back to Omaha DLC”

But I would trade all the DLC for some mother f’n VOIP

4. MeoW
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:11 pm

More maps please, more jets, helis, factions.

But fix the game’s flaws first.

Then yes, more DLC

5. tthejokerr
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:17 pm

IMO, i think they should skip 2143 and focus on more content for bf3, i bought bf3 not expecting for a 2143. sticking to bf3 content sounds good to me, why even bother with a whole new setting and weapons and stuff, if they are going to release something that big then let them release a dinosaur mode!

6. outlaw
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:40 pm

Not sure what they need to do but a dlc is not it,this game feels like it should have been called Modern Battlefeild 4 or some other cod condentation this game needs help! Player numbers are dropping fast anyone else notice this?

7. NAME*
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:42 pm

Only will buy DLC if contains any of the fallowing:
    1. Vehicle only warfare like Jets vs Jets and Tanks vs Tanks
    2. 2143
    3. Dinos :D

I’m sorry but too many middle east maps now and the sand is getting in my eyes!

8. L0LLYP0P
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:47 pm

Maybe they haven’t even started the 6 months plan. Waiting long enough for people to be craving it, but not having many people quit.

9. Trollzor
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:54 pm

WTF?!?!? 20 DLC’s in 6 months? thats like an add on every ten days

10. DualFace
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:57 pm

DICE/EA straight lied to the public about their DLC plans. There’s NO aggression and there’s gonna be no more DLC after whatever comes next. How do we know this? Because they mention 6 months—and it’s already been 3.

BF3 was/is such an insane marketing ploy for $$$ it’s ludicrous.

11. Liquid Ocelot
    January 18th, 2012 at 10:59 pm

I think DLC should be approach it by 2 different ways.Short term and long term.Short term would imply asking the community which maps they’d like to be included into the game from BF2,BC2 or earlier games and long term create 100% new maps.My personal request for the new maps would be to make them BF big (no more corridors like metro or bazaar), new destructable objects( bunkers, underground tunnels) and of course new weapons (XM8 which i missed in BC2).And finally it would be nice if you can add a Jet Co-op mission and introduce a 2 men aircraft because it’s to damn hard to use the guided misil and pilot.And also bring back the bombs.(and may be the recon can mark the bombing area with something)

12. plumokin
    January 18th, 2012 at 11:09 pm

ITS OBVIOUS, DINO SURVIVAL MODE

• BF3+BC2= what I want
      January 19th, 2012 at 1:11 am

YES YES YES and HELL YES

13. Edward
    January 18th, 2012 at 11:17 pm

No hurries, I am still learning the maps from the first download.

14. EA_SUX
    January 18th, 2012 at 11:30 pm

DICE can’t fix simple things like black textures on characters, they need 3 months for it, in twitter they said “it’s harder then you think, to fix those problems”… sure, texture, one simple texture! SO hard.. aha….

So I don’t think that we will see any DLC or new posts from DICE about it in near future.

• young_gunnerz
      January 19th, 2012 at 12:36 am

what black textures? I have no clue what he’s talking abt mayb its limited to whatever ever version or platform he is using?

15. young_gunnerz
    January 18th, 2012 at 11:32 pm

Quantity is by no means quality. I would rather have 1 bf3 expansion pack than have 20 mw3 dlc. IW charges alot of money for their half assed attempts of making a good map pack. I owned mw2 and didnt see the need to shell out any money for the poorly designed maps they offered.

16. LzyS0ldi3r
    January 19th, 2012 at 12:10 am

It’s way too early for a DLC. Let EA built some hype around it first before they release it.

17. GoonNasty69
    January 19th, 2012 at 12:19 am

I really dont have a problem with the maps we have now. If they want to add some, thats fine, if not, I dont have a problem with that either. What I do want is a damn update for the game to fix the 1.5 million bugs the game has. Here are just a few,

1. HORN ON THE JEEP (what vehicle doesnt have a horn?)
    2. I want to be able to see MY ping, not everyone elses
    3. I dont want to be disconnected from EA online anymore
    4. I dont want to be killed sitting behind a rock when im prone
    5. Fix punkbuster
    6. When I shoot someone in the head, they should be dead

and the list goes on and on. So please feel free to add to this list.

• DutchDrummer91
      January 19th, 2012 at 1:43 pm

You and I, we agree on something. I don’t have any problem with the maps so far, except that the so called elite soldier you’re playing sometimes is to stupid to walk from the street to the sidewalk because it’s three inches higher than the street so he has to jump on it. My problems with BF3 are the same as yours. Instead of adding lots of new maps (which would be fine by me if they’re good), EA / DICE should fix the game and make it more ballanced. And btw, I had the same “You were disconnected from EA online (1)” error every time I wanted to play the game, but that happened with wireless internet. Somehow, switching back to internet with the wire plugged in, fixed it so I can, FINALLY, play again. And indeed, whatever weapon I use, when I shoot someone in the face he should die.
      Dont get me wrong, I really love the game, but there are just too many things to be fixed before adding new stuff.

• GoonNasty69
        January 20th, 2012 at 12:20 am

Dont get me started on falling 3 inches and losing 20 health!!! That really chaps my ass. Another problem is the parachute. In bf2, it would open right away, now they have it to where it opens up like 3 seconds after you pull the cord. They have a lot of fixing to do!

• Colt_Gun
          January 24th, 2012 at 10:32 am

Thats realistic. Its so good not seeing people use their parachute off the first floor of a building for a change. Remember when people would open their parachute inside the warehouses in BC2? That was more effective than smoke! The parachutes delay is fine, Im just sick of landing with it safely and still losing 60% health because the surface wasn’t dead flat.

18. Mark
    January 19th, 2012 at 12:28 am

As for the question at the end of the post:

Definetly not. BTK’s been out quite some time now too, and most players, including me, have basically played the whole content over already.

I for one personally, would love to see new content soon: More weapons, more vehicles, more maps, and most certainly, I’d love to see some “real” destruction.

Current one is a pretty joke, but what can I say, stupid console limitations are stupid console limitations, and porting strangles experience and the whole package, that PC could have handled just fine.

19. Sebastian
    January 19th, 2012 at 12:31 am

I want a Dino Mode xD

20. Danny
    January 19th, 2012 at 12:33 am

For the moment, I prefer that the team continues to fix the bugs and upgrade the performance of the game in 3D mode… The framerates is really poor in stereoscopic.

21. Brian
    January 19th, 2012 at 12:38 am

People there is already a brand new DLC out to day It’s for skins and dogtags

22. rebel
    January 19th, 2012 at 12:55 am

* Sort an agressive anticheat scanner.
    * Implement vote to kick system for when the scanner fails to detect rare and new cheats.
    * Implement VOIP for PC.
    * Work on classic style size maps for 64 players on PC, rather than just unlock 64 player support on maps designed for 32 players like we have now.
    * Profit.

• young_gunnerz
      January 19th, 2012 at 12:47 pm

there is a vote to kick system already

23. Tommy
    January 19th, 2012 at 1:06 am

BFBC2 MAP….AND back to karkand coop mission

24. IZEP3NT
    January 19th, 2012 at 1:34 am

ya know, i think they should bring back a map or two from bc2. I always wanted to see Heavy Metal and Atacama Desert with jets. Throw in Road Rage for hell’s sake. And wasn’t there a trailer where there was an urban map in new york with a chopper hovering outside a building and getting blown up by a su-35?

25. T4nkcommander
    January 19th, 2012 at 1:54 am

How about them getting the base game working and balanced first?