On November 11th, 2011 in News

BF3 hack
EA has announced (via Twitter) that over the past week, they’ve banned “hundreds of offending accounts” in regards to Battlefield 3, and added that they’ve also stats wiped the accounts of those who were “boosting”, e.g. using in-game glitches to boost their score. EA will continue to monitor players and “take action” against players who don’t respect the game. The bans happened across all platforms.

Over the past week, there have been revelations of a new boosting technique where players could rake in tens of thousands of points during a match by misusing the repair tool. We won’t go into details of the technique for obvious reasons, but it’s good to see EA and DICE taking quick and decisive action against cheaters and boosters.

1. Juba
    November 13th, 2011 at 11:10 am

BIG YES!!
    EA Dont Only Ban The Cheaters Accounts. Pls Blow Up thier PC`s or Consoles So They F*K OFF and try to get a new life :D

2. xnamkocr
    November 13th, 2011 at 6:48 pm

Maybe they should have coded the game better.

3. Standard
    November 13th, 2011 at 8:44 pm

There’s guys at the top of the leaderboard with 4000 odd spm, why haven’t they been banned. It is literally impossible to legitimately get that sort of a score.. I finish pretty much every game in the top 3, 1 in 5 of my games I am the best player, and I float around 400-500 spm..

4. 7Toes_ky>XI
    November 13th, 2011 at 10:37 pm

they should remove there online play make them go and buy a new game….damn hacks and cheat should be taken out and dragged through the streets naked

5. WTF
    November 13th, 2011 at 10:47 pm

Since when is boosting called cheating. Boosting is using in game elements and points to your advantage. A booster have never changed the game or any of its intended functions, a cheater on the other hands CHANGES in game elements and point to their advantage. THERE IS A DIFFERENCE!

• Rusky
      November 13th, 2011 at 11:27 pm

Its not about the fact that people are cheating or boosting (as you put it) But more to the point that it is messing up the games for people who want to playBattlefield 3 as it was intended because you are actualy taking 2 or 3 guys out of a team while they do their “Boosting” and swaying the battle!
      I think that is just being selfish!!!!

6. Anti-Cheater
    November 14th, 2011 at 2:07 pm

God Job. All those cheaters must be banned, and i hope, they’ll/keep banning in future too. Other Publishers have to learn from Dice and EA. Only this hard consequence will keep they fun for the “real” players.

7. Johnny slim
    November 14th, 2011 at 9:04 pm

Pretty shi$$y to ban people’s accounts for repairing a bot or other piece of equipment. Not like they altered your software or anything. They just played the game (incomplete game at that) that you put on the shelves. How about just wiping stats for those who ranked up using this method and spend the rest of your time fixing REAL ISSUES such as the VOIP not working, or the squad issues.

Dice,
    Pull your head out of your A## and fix real issues instead of worrying about people finding out different ways to achieve a higher rank WITHIN YOUR SOFTWARE PARAMETERS!!! They did not alter/hack anything.

• Idefriginit
      November 14th, 2011 at 9:52 pm

so third party hacks to show enemies thru walls and instant head shots is not a hack and is DICE’s fault? They call them hacks and exploits for a reason… And if you want no hacks in a game, go join the army and try ur “hacks” there lol..

• Johnny slim
        November 14th, 2011 at 10:21 pm

LOL! Sorry for your misunderstanding; third party hacks are just that “HACKS” because they alter the software (ie CHANGE its intended purpose). Dice chose to put the ability to repair a robot and heal one another in the game. If I repair a tank or bot or heal someone 150 times in a round,am I hacking? Absolutely not because it is written in the code. What you people are calling “boosting” is not HACKING… period, end of discussion.

As for your “join the Army” comment; cute, but it doesnt apply to the discussion. It is a video game, kid, treat it as such.

8. Rusky
    November 14th, 2011 at 11:17 pm

Its not the Booosting stats i care about to be honest like i say its about these players being selfish by occupying a slot that would normaly be taken up by someone who would want to play a match to win or just be part of a team! And this is were “boosting” stats effects me and the other team players and the odds to be able to have a better chance at a win….

As far as the stats leaderboards are concerned they are a joke! the top 100 players some with less than 7hrs of game play with all those points, and with a new stat tracker (battle log) makes that part of the game worthless.
    You could finger point at whos messed up all day long but it will stay broken until its delt with, and for those who exploited it should have their stats reset and NOT banned,

I vote for a VOTE KICK option……

• Chris
      November 15th, 2011 at 2:01 am

Your sir are 2000% correct! Who cares if they boost their rank? The ranking systems on all games suck. WE NEED user created rooms! WE NEED a vote to kick option in game! Look back at the SOCOM 1 and 2 lobbies and the vote to kick option. It was perfect. PERIOD! Why this is so hard for these “state of the art” developers to see is beyond me.

9. Trev Borg
    November 15th, 2011 at 5:57 pm

Can you please tell me who I need to contact to get account unbanned?

I have tried to contact the ea help advisors, but they tell me they can not unban me.

I have been playing online game for nearly 20 years.
    I have owned many EA games, and was an Alpha and beta tester for BF3

The only mistake I have made is to go onto a server that was on the battle log list.

I went onto the server becasue it had a low ping for me.

There was no indication that there was anything wrong with the server.

At the end of the game, I suddenly received 13 million points.
    I left the server thinking it was a bug only to find that the points were still there.

I searched the net trying to find out what had happened and did not find out any info on this.
    Nothing found on the BF3 forums either.

I reported this to the EA help advisor chat box people, and was told not to worry.

I then contacted them again and explained that it has spoiled my game a bit, as all the unlocks are already unlocked.
    The response from the advisor was don’t tell everyone, they’ll want it’

I explained that I was concerned that I would be seen as some kind of hacker as I had a rank of 53 after only a few days.

I was told not to worry, the advisor would put a note on my account stating that I had reported it.

I then posted on the BF3 forum stating that I had recieved these points and do not want them, is there anyway to get rid of them.

I got no replies to this.

I have continued to play the game with no other issues until Yesterday when my account was banned.

I only realised this as I could not log in, so contacted an EA help advisor who told me it was banned.for hacking.

I have never hacked a game in my life and would not know how to.

This morning I got an e-mail telling me my account had been banned and to contact the forum to get unbanned.

Please do not get me wrong, I can understand EA wanting to ban anyone who has delibrately hacked or stat padded, but I tried to report this twice.

So can you please look at the case reports to confirm this.
    The look at my stats.
    From memory, as I can no longer log into my account.

Win / loss ratio about 0.8
    Kill / death ration about 0.5
    Longest head shot 194m
    hours played about 33

do these look like the stats of a hacker? If so then I must be a very poor hacker.
    The only thing that stands out is one game, on one server that gave me 13 million points, that I reported to you twice, and asked to be removed.

So can someone please tell me who to contact to get my game unbanned.

10. The_Joker_1987
    November 15th, 2011 at 11:51 pm

ban nikochamp on ps3!!! he was boosting on operation metro. in the beginning inside the burning metro. it was a normal CQ game.

11. Tari
    November 17th, 2011 at 8:36 am

bann account! not just kick from game…

12. Gun_Deck
    November 17th, 2011 at 4:36 pm

@TimeKicker thread…
    I also reported.
    If he wants to get play BF3 and he gets banned, he will have to buy a new license.
    So hell yeah! Report all cheaters through BattleLog. Help support EA/DICE R&D for BF BC3 and BF4.
    Cheat Like crazy no skillz players!
    We’ll keep reporting the cheaters/boosters and they will have to constantly buy new licenses or just start back at LVL1 after the Stat wipe.

13. stark
    November 17th, 2011 at 7:38 pm

Great news :) Keep doing the good job.

14. Faggotniggerfuckbitch222
    November 18th, 2011 at 9:14 am

If you didn’t want people to boost why did you put it in the game?

15. Topdog1
    November 18th, 2011 at 12:26 pm

I reckon the hack is:
    u flip the tank and it constantly does damage. And two engineers take turns repairing it. I’ve seen a few people do it. And their right up there at the top of the leaderboard

16. CryBaby
    November 18th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

Dear god =)
    First, the picture in this article is from people HACKING THE BETA.
    Has nothing to do with the game we play today.
    Seccondly, im do not encourage boosting but:
    If this is so importent to DiCE/EA/Some players i need to know:
    Why is there no clear rules about it?
    Why is it possible?
    Last but in my eyes certainly not least:
    WHY do some countries get the game before others.
    I mean its pretty shitty and unfair when most players already is lvl 10-15 when i get the game on releaseday.
    I think game developers or whoever decide should do this on release:
    Everyone who wants to buy the game and play it from the beginning should be able to preorder a CD/DVD AND able to download and install before the releasedate.
    That way its most fair to everyone who want to play, to be able to start at the same time/day.
    Just make it impossible to join battlelog or whatever before releaseday.
    Its shitty of DiCE in my eyes that the US gets the game 4 days before Sweden (as example)
    So crybabies… get a life and blame EA/DiCE.
    Dont hate the player, hate the game :)
    CU ON // CUBEFREAKdotSE

17. John
    November 19th, 2011 at 8:56 pm

to me they should make a site so it can name and shame the people such as there accounts and names so people know who they are so u know to stay away from there matches

18. grailer
    November 24th, 2011 at 2:47 am

I think some people are cheating on PS3 as well .

How do some people go 20 – 0 and run around killing everyone ?

If they have wallhack they can easily kill this many people because they know exactly where you are so they fire at you before you even think about pressing fire.

Anyways I just quit server when I see someone either cheating or too skilled to be a normal player or I just get my mortar and hope to land a bomb ontop of a cheats head

Why not put all the players with 10:1 KD ratio in one server so they can all hack together?

19. Trixy
    November 24th, 2011 at 11:20 pm

DastanX 106% IN ACCURACY

Macgruber22
    50.45 KD RATIO <— kill 50 player and die 1 not cheater ??? CHECK THE LEEDER BOARDS THIS IS ONE BIG JOKE

TOP 1 IN RANK hmmm why not baned? RIDICULUS DICE S U C ***

20. blake h
    November 26th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

how can they tell if people arw boosting. My point is, there are some players who are naturally good and can rake in continuous k.d ratios of over 4 every game. Is dice going to bann them for just being good players?

21. blake h
    November 26th, 2011 at 4:57 pm

22. shmuel
    November 29th, 2011 at 1:37 pm

I dont belive EA. the ps3 is full of boosters.they just want the fucken 60 dollars.they non baned anyone there yet and im sure they dont ban shit.the leaderbord is useless they must to delete it.

23. Marclar
    December 7th, 2011 at 3:09 am

eep just found out the hard way it is possible to boost on the 360 :/

24. layfton
    December 7th, 2011 at 10:27 am

the only cheater i know on bf3 is some guy called beep

25. not.fair
    December 10th, 2011 at 2:35 am

You know what I Think Ea AND DICE. Everyone has paid for the game and.content so they should get it for.free. I dont want to apens half my life ranking up. We all have a point