On November 11th, 2011 in News

BF3 hack
EA has announced (via Twitter) that over the past week, they’ve banned “hundreds of offending accounts” in regards to Battlefield 3, and added that they’ve also stats wiped the accounts of those who were “boosting”, e.g. using in-game glitches to boost their score. EA will continue to monitor players and “take action” against players who don’t respect the game. The bans happened across all platforms.

Over the past week, there have been revelations of a new boosting technique where players could rake in tens of thousands of points during a match by misusing the repair tool. We won’t go into details of the technique for obvious reasons, but it’s good to see EA and DICE taking quick and decisive action against cheaters and boosters.

1. mm
    November 12th, 2011 at 1:13 am

This is the most annoying BUG in battlefield 3 on xbox. In Operation Metro Conquest (at least) there’s always one player who you can’t shoot. So he just runs around killing people. Even the animation looks like he’s taking hits, but actually anything can’t effect to him. So it’s like 8000 points and 50 kills, but often a few deaths before the bug/lag/glitch has started. It’s not a cheat I think. Everyone who have had it said it’s a bug and it seems like a bug too. But this must be fixed ASAP. Anyone else seen this?

• young_gunnerz
      November 12th, 2011 at 3:02 am

It may be the admin responsible for this. I went on a server on PC and two admins had what seemed to be a bot and no matter how many times i shot him and he also fell at times he would always get back up. The admins were doing something and asked me to leave.

2. i like mw3 and bf3
    November 12th, 2011 at 1:20 am

AAAAAAAAAAAAAWWWWWWWWWWWW YEEEAAAAAAHHHH

3. whoani
    November 12th, 2011 at 1:30 am

for xbox players, if you see BHL (boostinghotline) kill them then report them. bhlgaming.com

4. BATTLEOWNER
    November 12th, 2011 at 1:54 am

WTF….. Why would they go for banning those players when they should have fixed those score glitches to prevent further abuse??!! OPEN your mind EA.

Hackers, those I hate though.

5. Soul Annihilator
    November 12th, 2011 at 2:10 am

I’m glad they banned these faggots but I also would appreciate if DICE does something about this exploits, like fix it so that friendly fire on the EOD bot would cause to lose points or something like that.

6. Machiavelli
    November 12th, 2011 at 2:14 am

I was wondering why I suddenly started playing a helluva lot better over the last few days. I hate cheaters so damn much…

7. johnnycash1942
    November 12th, 2011 at 2:23 am

so wat are the chances of my stats been resetted if i point rape? because my stats are screwed from the first couple weeks of play, so i want to reset n start a fresh

8. Brendissimo
    November 12th, 2011 at 2:56 am

Ban all their accounts for life. The only way they should be able to play BF3 again is by buying a new copy. If they want to spend another $60 just to cheat, let them. We’ll ban them again and DICE gets some well-earned revenue from assholes.

• johnnycash1942
      November 12th, 2011 at 3:13 am

i like the way this man thinks with his brain

9. Dsfareg
    November 12th, 2011 at 4:31 am

I cheat legally every day.
    Thanks for IRNV, Dice. Who needs a hack like that, anyway, with all the players lighting up like neon signs?

• i still havent played bf3
      November 12th, 2011 at 5:34 pm

IRNV is actually not cheating.. its copying what happens when you have thermal optics. It only lights up to people out in the open. It’s useful but hardly considered cheatingg

• Idefriginit
      November 13th, 2011 at 11:41 pm

if anything it is perfect for q spotting and HELPING your team :)

Also for finding players in chaotic environments like rubble and bushes.

But it doesn’t mean you always win ;)

10. Niko
    November 12th, 2011 at 4:49 am

Well, technically ya cant get banned for boosting. You can read rules and terms for yourself. If your hacking then yes you can get banned but not for boosting ( EOD Bot). Have you not wondered why all the boosters on the top of the leader boards have not been banned? There ya go. It was EA who put that in there and haven’t taken it out. So you all can think that all the boosters people have been reporting on forums and to EA are getting banned but the truth is no, and somehow if they do get banned they can use EA’s own terms against them to get their account back.

-Niko

11. dad
    November 12th, 2011 at 5:12 am

nobody should have their account banned for using an in-game glitch that doesn’t require 3rd party programs, EA is literally the devil

12. Josh
    November 12th, 2011 at 6:35 am

Honestly, I’m scared shitless to use a repair tool or eod bot anymore

• Idefriginit
      November 13th, 2011 at 11:45 pm

Repair tool is for repairing stuff :)

Knives are for melee…

EOD is ok for killing cus who suspects a lil robot lol… Especially on Metro… and the lil bit of air time u get off the escalator is just funny :D

13. floridagamerboyhomie
    November 12th, 2011 at 10:15 am

Good thing they are doing this at least they won’t cheat on gamebattles
    and they need crack down on those cheaters and this what causing alot people aren’t leveling up very much. i hate fucking aim bots and fucking lag switchers they should banned lag switchers and selling devices on ebay. I think EA and dice should suing people like that to banned stop people selling lag switches. Plus people need play game the way dice made it, not for cheating and moding at it. if wanna do that go setup your own dam lan party play it offline on lan cable in your house. I’m glad EA and dice are doing this for battlefield3 fanboys out there and even MLG people out there.

• GuerillaMatzilla
      November 12th, 2011 at 11:43 pm

I thought players couldn’t lag switch on dedicated servers. Am I wrong?

14. Bassam Helal
    November 12th, 2011 at 11:10 am

This guy uses auto-headshot-aiming programs never played with him cuz he’s PC and I’m PS3 but here is his battelog
    and a video of him getting caught!!!
    Check out his kills 2944 kills with PKP PECHNEG
    Fckin hackers!

• ye
      November 13th, 2011 at 1:47 am

Yeh, 3 182 275 score and 6300 kills, K/D Ratio 8.87 fucking booster/hacker -.-

15. Kirdanes
    November 12th, 2011 at 11:16 am

Jesus, they are aiming at me…!

16. FDSDH 011i
    November 12th, 2011 at 11:56 am

some people don’t understand that cheating isn’t fun and just shows you should get out more

17. FDSDH 011i
    November 12th, 2011 at 11:57 am

what is the repair tool glitch i have never heard or of it or seen it before today

18. Gecko_614
    November 12th, 2011 at 2:04 pm

“misusing their repair tool” OH MATRON!

19. jim
    November 12th, 2011 at 2:44 pm

Cheats should have their ips banned from all dice/ea games! get rid of them for good i say….

20. 3x7r4c7oR
    November 12th, 2011 at 4:04 pm

banning the scum, is simply not enough. name & shame the c0ck suckers

21. JakeCampbell
    November 12th, 2011 at 5:33 pm

I know DICE is doing what they say (to an extent) because I’ve noticed names have dissapeared from the leaderboards :-)
    But it’s apparently not enough to discourage, today I was unable to get into a lobby that didnt have atleast 3 boosters, and most lobbys had half the people boosting! My new addiction is becoming a frustration. To repeatedly rank only underneath people who have a 0-0 K/D in every match is RUINING the game, seriously! You guys have created the best FPS ever! Actions of cheaters can hurt sales more then banning cheaters, think about that please

22. Telkwa
    November 12th, 2011 at 6:00 pm

Thanks but don’t blame me if I’m skeptical. EA needs to steamroll these punks on a daily basis, keep it coming. Write an algorithm checking for points collected at an abnormally high rate of climb and K/D ratios that are not humanly possible. I think a red flag should show up on an account when they reach a K/D ratio of 2.3 or higher. There is so many weapons to die from in this game the highest K/D ratio of an honest player I know of is 1.6. Anything over 2.0 is suspicious if you ask me or at least worth a look by an EA manager.

• JakeCampbell
      November 12th, 2011 at 6:36 pm

I agree with everything you said, except for the K/D ratio. Mine is currently at 1.38 and slowly climbing because very often I will go 20-3 or something like that, and I am aiming at reaching a K/D that’s over 2.0
      I DO NOT cheat or boost, my SPM is 320 and I bust my ass to get it there and keep it there. To monitor K/D it should be anything over 5.0 because there are plenty of snipers that get high K/D’s legally, and I don’t mind them because they don’t score high points, or mess with the objectives

23. BF3 Player
    November 12th, 2011 at 8:06 pm

Hundreds??? There’s always on cheater in the server I play on. Goes from 50-4 in 8 minutes.

24. medic
    November 13th, 2011 at 7:10 am

In reply to jeff and hollywoodbush,

see it works like this,

if you play normally its like 25k on the high end of each game.
    i get those amounts now a days in each game, on high end.

but u get disconnected or game crash every now and then, so there was once i played and i had a score of 20k and the game disconnected. it nv register.

wasted 40 mins of my time, i played 1000 tickets.

if i boost i can recover.

so i understand how jeff feels.

every 3 games i play, 1 disconnects.

so lets say 3 games took u 1 hour, in 1 hour u can get 2 games, which is 50k.

but if i boost and get disconnected at the same rate, i can get 100k in 1 hour.

do the math.

when u accumulate 20k and get a game crash then u will feel it.

if u nv felt it then u are not in any position to put jeff down.

• Idefriginit
      November 13th, 2011 at 11:58 pm

Why not replace the impatience of missing out on points per hour with the patience of waiting for a patch that can fix the dc issue…

The key thing behind all hacking is patience (lack of it).

On an average night I could do about 10 rounds and of a week i might get a dc 3 times. I range from 1000 to 4000 points per round depending on my luck, so each week i could get about 40 rounds in, there is on average 100 000 points, which is about 2-3level ranks. These points dont include awards and unlocks, so you could say more like 200 000 or so a week. For me, that’s good enough for a comfortable and well earned leveling regime :) I don’t care if I take 2 months to get to top rank or whatever atleast by that time, I will have looked back at all those epic moments where skill came into play :)

25. medic
    November 13th, 2011 at 7:12 am

and anyway, im against hackers, but boosters i feel are nothing serious.

come on its a game, different people play games different and the way they want.

but if it affects other peoples game play then yes, ban them. boosting doesnt affect other players.

so actually, people should get a life.

and i mean people who hack and people who are booster haters.