On November 2nd, 2011 in News

Throughout the marketing and promotion of Battlefield 3, developer DICE insisted that the PC was the lead platform for Battlefield 3 development, but now that the game is out, we’ve gotten the truth: according to DICE’s Karl-Magnus Troedsson in a new interview, the lead platform for Battlefield 3 was switched to consoles in “mid development”, in order to meet the release date.

“We said originally that the PC was the lead SKU of the game, but in mid-production we switched to console as lead platform to make sure we could get all the versions done for release,”

This explains many of the odd design decisions in the PC version, for example, the game menu and load-out layout is identical to consoles but looks too compressed and unintuitive on the PC — a result of it being developed for consoles and ported to the PC.

Despite what the “lead platform” was, Battlefield 3 was released on time and was well received from critics, gathering positive reviews from most publications.

1. Patrick
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:19 pm

*expects a shitstorm of hate*

….and it still turned out mainly amazing minus a few tiny things. thanks dice!

2. Patrick
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:22 pm

although thinking about it, this could actually be all marketing crap…

• Gundam288
      November 3rd, 2011 at 3:40 am

Did you forget that the Frostbite engine was made for consoles?

• Patrick
        November 3rd, 2011 at 11:34 pm

nope. doesn’t mean that it’s not marketing though.

3. Binksss
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:28 pm

Dont worry, BF3 fanboy don’t care…

4. Josh
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Thanks for lying to us DICE.
    Don’t hide it people, it is obvious consoles became the lead platform. You can tell by the fact that none of the maps are designed/balanced for 64 players.

The game is still great and I love it but just am disgusted by the fact DICE would a) say PC is the lead platform just for marketing purposes and b) lose another great developer/publisher to the console world.

• Kierenblade
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:49 pm

The reason why there are more console players is because there is both the Xbox and PS3. PC is only one, not two separate machines.

I have both the PS3 and Xbox 360 console myself, but prefer PC with FPS game like Battlefield 3.

• Malcolm
        November 3rd, 2011 at 1:05 am

I’m not anti-pc or anything but You’re 100% wrong. That is not the reason Console is the lead platform. The number of people who buy BF3 for both xbox AND playstation is so small its negligible. Even if you removed those sales, there simply are just MORE people who buy consoles to begin with. And if PS3 didnt exist then all of those gamers would just flock to xbox before flopping to PC. Most people don’t even own desktops anymore, let alone state of the art gaming rigs.

Do you honestly think there are more households than have a gaming PC than there are that have an xbox/ps3?

• Gundam288
          November 3rd, 2011 at 3:38 am

Malcolm is right, think about. pretty sure when you were growing up you played video games on a console. (NES, SNES, Atari, N64, PS1, Dreamcast, etc.)

most people own PCs for general use. not many people spend the money on upgrading a PC or building one JUST for gaming.

heck, my PC is good for gaming but it’s not top of the line and I use it for everything.

I’ve been saying this before. It plays like a console port and it’s on a console engine. Frostbite was made for console, Refactor 2 wasn’t.
          Am I mad that it’s a console game? no, just that on the PC we don’t even get a propper port of the game (Battlelog) and that they lied about it being for the PC when they had no intetion doing so.

If DICE wanted to make a PC game, I pretty sure they would have called the engine something other than “Frostbite 2″ to show that it was aimmed at PCs and not consoles.

November 3rd, 2011 at 4:49 am

Console PS3/Xbox 360 Sales pitch the Console Population to be around 106 Million, and there’s around 1-2 Million of those being Primary PC Gamers with Consoles for Console-Exclusive Games (like myself for example). And of course, there’s Vice-Versa too.

Razer pitches 300 Million PC Gamers, I pitch 150 Million, since I believe they’re calculating Failbook and Flash “Gamers.” So say 100-150 Million PC Gamers. So there’s more chance of Battlefield 3 being bought by a PC Gamer, or so it seems. There’s probably an amount of the PC Gaming Population which only plays MMOs exclusively, and then does everything else on Console, or only plays RPGs, or stuff like that. So in the end we’re left with a pretty small fraction of each population which would be willing to buy Battlefield 3 (especially after we dump all the CoD Sales out).

Battlelog is actually not a bad idea for a Server Browser. The Stats Tracking isn’t bad either, we’ve had Battlefield Stats Tracking since… ages now. Now we just get an “Official” Site. But the whole Failbook page where it Auto-Spams every Unlock/Level Up/Ribbon/Medal Gained, something which nobody ever asked for, is a failure. Especially the Failbook “Share” Button its got.

Frostbite Technology has been in development for ages. They announced Battlefield 3 what, a month after Battlefield 2 was released? Then EA happened and they pushed the project, making Frostbite 1.0 for BC/1943, and in turn Frostbite 1.5 for BC2. Frostbite 2.0 however, is specifically designed for Battlefield 3, back WAAAAY, when PC was still the Lead Platform. Even Medal of Honor, which was released slightly more than a year ago used Frostbite 1.5, and I’m quite sure that didn’t have a PC Lead.

It has issues granted, Squad Spawns, Objectives etc, but that’s mostly because EA pushed this to be more of a BC3 Game, so it ended up being 50% BF3, 50% BC3. You’ve got huge, open Maps and all the Objectives are bunched up together. Bad, Bad, Bad. Terri-Bad.

Here, Need For Speed: The Run is using a Modified Frostbite Engine 2, it took them ages to modify it. It was ready ages ago.

• Tummynator
          November 4th, 2011 at 10:23 am

Nice link Kierenblade

• Notknowing
          November 7th, 2011 at 7:22 pm

That being said, is there a way to bridge the two? Use a mouse and keyboard with the console? Cuz I cant keep up with the high price of gaming pc’s.

• Dozer
        November 8th, 2011 at 6:06 pm

Kieren, interesting link
        however it fails to illustrate the price differences between buying a consol vs a pc. sure pc games are cheaper but actually buying a gaming rig, ud have to expect to drop at least $1,000. ps3 was prices at what, $600 at release? now its at $250. its not hard to see why most people play on consols these days and why most developers make games for consols. its all about money.

• rottiejr
        November 9th, 2011 at 3:29 am

Sure, for ps3 you have to spend 50 dollars for a piece of equipment to basicly set up your mouse and keyboard for every game individually, then it may or may not work correctly, and you could expirience lag…not worth the time or money in my opinion.

• Baconfighter23
        February 29th, 2012 at 7:57 pm

The link was awful it compares pc games overall like facebook games or those small gaming websites that alot of people go to, it was like 42% of Pc gamers who played puzzle games. I doubt you need a top of the line computer to play tertris. My point is if you compare Ps3(250$)/ Xbox(200$) to computers that are focused to gaming which cost around 1000$ and could cost alot moreconsoles are always come out on top at least in this economy.

• Kierenblade
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:53 pm

And also, it’s about Quality, not Quantity.
      PC has the best performance when it comes to Battlefield 3, and more players in servers.Sure the console graphics look great, but they have been toned down, the same with destruction and player size on servers.

November 2nd, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Destruction is the same AFAIK, people are just comparing it to BC2′s which they admitted was overkill. They’ve toned down Destruction overall, you can’t raze and level the entire Map now.

• Alejandro Rojas
          December 15th, 2011 at 8:10 pm

But leveling a map is what I loved about BFBC2, now with that gone….me sad ):

• BaxterX7
        November 8th, 2011 at 12:13 pm

That link you posted was full of guesswork and incorrect or biased statements. Saying that Starcraft 2 (ten year time gap sequel to basically the most popular competitive game EVER) outsold NCAA on ps3 in the month of July means NOTHING. Bad article.

• yams in a can
        November 9th, 2011 at 2:45 am

First of all, I bet a bunch of those PC gamers are actually playing Farmville :D

That is all.

• That Guy
      November 2nd, 2011 at 9:58 pm

yeah because caspian and firestorm play SO well with 24 players. /sarcasm

• PC ELITE NEED TO SEEk THEREPY
        November 2nd, 2011 at 11:29 pm

they do. i know you say sarcasm but i can tell its not. the game plays fine this fanboy console crap is really for kids we as adults (and i use that term loosely for alot of you) need to see that

• nikonn
        November 5th, 2011 at 11:11 am

Actually it does play well on consoles. I play it on PC (as nikonn) and on PS3 (as nikon133). What can I do, mates with PC and mates with PS3 0:). Anyway, PS3 map(s) are smaller and have less flags / comm centres, which DOES concentrate players in effect.

Yeah I know 64 is that much more than 24, but I cannot say any map on PS3 felt more desolated than same map on PC. In fact, as I started with PS3 version first, I was surprised 64-player maps on PC don’t feel much more crowded.

• BF3
      November 2nd, 2011 at 11:13 pm

Why all this hate man? Just buy a console and be happy the rest of your life…

• Gundam288
        November 3rd, 2011 at 3:44 am

untill they shutdown the servers like they did with xbox1 and force you to buy the next gen. while the older games “might” not work? I went thru that once and I do NOT want to go thru that again.

• MrCharlieSheen
        November 3rd, 2011 at 4:11 am

Brain damage…? fuck, this dude was born during a earth quake

• stoner boner
      December 23rd, 2011 at 4:23 pm

And a filthy abomination called Battlelog.

5. dave
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:29 pm

I could have told you that after seeing the map sizes. Man I hope the Karkand pack doesn’t decrease map size.

Operation Metro 64 player conquest…..worst map ever

• TH3-PAT-RIOT
      November 2nd, 2011 at 6:55 pm

I hear you, when on a server and I see Metro, I immediately look for another server!

• Other Brian
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Op Metro on CQ is terrible regardless of player count.

• Dude
        November 2nd, 2011 at 9:30 pm

I kinda like it on PS3… It’s almost always the same exact battle though, so i’m sure i’ll get sick of it soon.

• GMS 95
          November 2nd, 2011 at 10:24 pm

I like it on PS3 also for right now. It’s always a good board to rack up quite a few kills. Althought it is usually the same, you’re always trying to defend the Ticket Hall.

• Kierenblade
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:56 pm

I also agree, Op. Metro on CQ 64 player is crap. The middle point is way to hard to capture, and you can’t even get past it to take the end point without being shot down.

• sgtmoody1944
      November 3rd, 2011 at 1:07 am

I generally avoid Operation Metro whenever it comes up in a rotation, regardless of game mode.

• Gundam288
      November 3rd, 2011 at 4:19 am

Operation Metro 64 conquest plays like Team Death match. everyone gets stuck on the middle flag and has a shoot out till it’s over.

6. Trollzor
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:29 pm

Wow you guys worked fast LMAO! I posted this first on the forums and the next thing i know they post it on the NEWS/MAIN. Good job BF3BLOG :D

• Trollzor
      November 2nd, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Also, they mentioned that DICE doesn’t do Console to PC ports they want a high quality experience on the PC or so they say . . .

• Bladefyst
        November 2nd, 2011 at 8:53 pm

The fires of hell hath no fury like mine

• PC ELITE NEED TO SEEk THEREPY
        November 2nd, 2011 at 11:32 pm

well then they lied

• Trollzor
          November 3rd, 2011 at 4:30 am

well i really don’t know Dice said quote “Console to PC ports are not our thing”

November 3rd, 2011 at 6:41 am

Well, arguably DICE HAS been keeping a lot of things from us, like the Switch to Consoles Lead Mid-Production, lot of “maybes” on things like Mod Tools and In-Game VoIP (they might as well say no to this, there’s no way we’re getting In-Game VoIP on PC as long as there’s Battlelog VoIP).

Plus, DICE isn’t exactly doing their own thing anymore. Now they’re doing EA DICE’s thing. Which in the case of Battlefield 3 is supposed to be an easy CoD Switchover Game. Unfortunately.

• Hired_Mark
          November 3rd, 2011 at 6:11 pm

When you say DICE, you refer to a studio that EA acquired. People for get that, and there isn’t much difference between DICE and normal EA studios. They just behave like corporate branches now and all the people there are employed by EA and do as they are told by EA. Similar situation as most studios that are acquired is that the core of the staff that really does care, usually leave to work on another project they care about.
          Sadly, nowadays it is those monstrosities of corporate greed that brought down good studios that cared, such as DICE, Maxis, WestWood, LookingGlass, IonStorm, Ensemble and many more.
          Very few small studios make it through nowadays, simply because they are outshouted by larger companies that keep pumping advertisement and encouraging fanboy behaviour in order not to loose their customer base.

November 4th, 2011 at 10:09 am

Good old days when Publishers just Published Games, and left Developing to Developers, rather than trying to dictate what’s best based on… Oh right, nothing.

7. Tractionist01
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I saw this on another site… the title is misleading really; DICE had almost finished on the PC version before switching to the console so they could be ready for release

• TH3-PAT-RIOT
      November 2nd, 2011 at 6:57 pm

Don’t get your hopes up! DICE is catering to the kids that mommy and daddy buy everything for! Quality is dead, and quantity and quick money is all any company cares about anymore!

• Legacy1223
        November 2nd, 2011 at 7:06 pm

You sir, are an idiot. The quality in BF3 beyond anything we’ve seen in a while. So please, stop you’re trolling, it’s painful to watch.

• Really. Really.
        November 2nd, 2011 at 10:15 pm

You are an idiot, and an ass.

I am 23 and have a full time job and my own apartment. I play BF3 on PS3, on a 43 in. plasma and 7.1 Turtle Beach’s that I paid for myself.

I play console as a choice because it best suits my style. Laid back on the couch, with a big ass screen in front. Usually with people over; we like to converse and trade the controller back and forth and have a blast doing it.

And then I go play SC2 on my PC.

F— You all PC Elitists. F— You all Console Fanboys.

Just enjoy the game and quit hating on people for enjoying the game their own way. It doesn’t effect you at all.

• SickTwisted
          November 2nd, 2011 at 11:38 pm

You inspire me, I hate the “OMG PC KICKS BOTH PS3 AND 360s ASS” attitude

• jamo
          December 9th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

i am a pc gamer and i lay back on my sofa and only play on my 42 inch plasma , i cant use a little moniter , plrnty of pc gamers use tv or xbox controlers there is no diferants

8. EuroScept1C
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:33 pm

If you’ve played BFBC2, you can easily realise that BF3 is actually BFBC3. Greatly improved, though.

BF3 has inherit the same bugs BFBC2 STILL has… So, if BFBC2 was console port, BF3 is also console port.

It doesn’t mean I don’t like the game… I was fan of CoD series once. I stopped buying CoD at MW2 and switched to BFBC2… That means I don’t have any complaints BF2 veterans have….

In a while, after 1-2 good patches, the game will be perfect.

November 2nd, 2011 at 6:57 pm

BC2 was designed side-by-side for PC and Console, we didn’t get a Console Port on the PC, its a common misconception.

Also, mid-production. That explains the lack of Commo Rose until the Day 1 Patch at least. Lol.

• w00tmaster
      November 2nd, 2011 at 9:57 pm

I already knew it when I heard the word frostbite

9. Hired_Mark
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Funnily enough, the console titles are way less stable than their PC counterparts. They have texture popping issues, and are plagued by poor hit detection, awful spawning mechanics due to the mini-sized maps and quite a few glitches.
    Having BF3 on my PS3, above is pretty much my experience so far. However, when it does work it is brilliant!

I think this game suffers from the same problems Thief III: Deadly Shadows had. Each version felt like a port of the other. If I remember correctly they pulled the same thing of swapping lead development midway also.

• Other Brian
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:15 pm

I’ve never had hit detection that wasn’t caused by an overall laggy server. When I get a decent ping (which really hasn’t been hard except on Tehran Hwy) the hit reg seems fine.

And the texture popping is to be expected, since it’s streaming the HD textures off the hard drive. It’s just the way the tech works.

• PC ELITE NEED TO SEEk THEREPY
      November 2nd, 2011 at 11:36 pm

your highly!!!!!! mistaken if you think consoles have as many probelms as the pc. i myself havent had a single problem. but all the pc people cry over gettin kicked and crashes and all this crap sorry pal but console gets the award for less problems

November 3rd, 2011 at 12:52 am

Apparently they also get the Award for horrible Grammar.

• Tummynator
          November 4th, 2011 at 10:28 am

And creative names :D

• nikonn
        November 5th, 2011 at 11:21 am

Double that. Only problem I have on PS3 is occasional rubber-banding (I run and game pulls me back a few steps). However, that happens very rarely and only for a moment.

I actually have much more lag issues on PC right now. OK, so syncing 64 players is harder on bandwidth – figure that! ;)

But PS3 wins hands down for ease of use – in game server browser, switching from campaign to co-op to multiplayer without having to leave the game. Beauty in simplicity. PC setup is much more complex, but pays back with some extra eye-candy.

Still, I fear I’ll be playing PS3 version more. Cheaters and hacks always discourage me to play online, and I’d be really surprised if PC BF3 manages to avoid them… for too long.

10. mayrbek
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:47 pm

i kinda knew this
    its probably because consoles bring more money

11. MRLoadingERROR
    November 2nd, 2011 at 6:55 pm

DICE,i am dissapoint…

• NoFreakinIdea
      November 2nd, 2011 at 7:10 pm

Disappointing news, yeah, but I’m not surprised that much… The game does feel a bit “consolized” and if you ask me, a “crap PC” owner, it’s not optimized too well.
      Quick comparison:
      -I play Crysis on HIGH settings and Medium shadows at 17-20 FPS at 1080p. That game looks beautiful.
      -I play BF3 on the Lowest possible settings at 15-19 FPS, at 1280×800. Looks ugly as sh*t (obviously, because it’s on low).

I know my PC is crappy (GT220 512MB, AMD Athlon x2 6000+) but if I run Crysis on high at 20FPS@1080p (that game looks beautiful even on medium, where I get 25-30 FPS), why can’t I run BF3 at least @30FPS on LOW, 1280×800? The multiplayer is unplayable.

• MRLoadingERROR
        November 2nd, 2011 at 9:30 pm

i do not know much about specs,but if you are upgrading your gpu,i suggest a gt520,which i will be getting soon in my pc,oh and DICE,we expect free map packs and DLC to make up for this,at some point in the future we expect back to karkand…for free.

• PC ELITE NEED TO SEEk THEREPY
          November 2nd, 2011 at 11:39 pm

did you get the limited edition???? well so much for free karkand…why would they give you free content for sumthin like this….they didnt mess anything up with the game that caused u not to be able play, so again i ask why the hell would you get anything free

November 2nd, 2011 at 10:10 pm

CryEngine 3 =/= Frostbite 2. They’re designed to do different things. Frostbite excels at Destruction, Sound, and making Photo-Realistic Environments. CryEngine 3 excels at making New York look Alien invaded.

DICE has struggled more than Crytek with the Console’s heavily outdated Hardware because DICE designed things on the PC and then reduced the Quality for Consoles. Crytek on the other hand, designed them on Console, Ported them to PC, and then threw in a DX11 + High-Res Textures Pack when we complained about it.

So yeah, your “Crap PC” would obviously play Crysis 2 a lot better than Battlefield 3. Its almost the same thing as playing the Console Version of Crysis 2.

Also, DICE isn’t going to give us free DLCs because of this. U Mad Bro?

• Gundam288
          November 3rd, 2011 at 4:01 am

You do understand that Cryengine 3 was made for consoles and so was frostbite.

Frostbite 2 was built off frostbite, which was made for consoles only. (BC1)

I’ll start beleaving in DICE making a true PC/BF game when I start seeing ether Refactor engine or a new engine all together that is proven to be for the PC.

I’m not mad it’s a console port, I’m just mad about Battlelog and not even getting a propper port to the PC from console. Battlelog’s ping doesn’t even show up 98% of the time in the server selection…

November 3rd, 2011 at 4:52 am

Read above for the reply I’m too lazy to re-write here.

And yes, obviously CryEngine 3 was made for Consoles, that’s beyond obvious, the Lead Platform for Crysis 2 was Consoles, and they created CryEngine 3 for Crysis 2, so obviously, CryEngine 3 is Console-headed.

12. Colt_Gun
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:00 pm

“Mid-Way through” That means that the core gameplay etc was made on PC. Who cares anyway except for a couple of fixable things the game turned out excellent.

13. NoFreakinIdea
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Not surprised at all. I just don’t want to see any butthurts and fanboys here.
    I know my wish will never come through though :(

14. Luka Mijic
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:10 pm

DICE just don’t care which of those 3 platforms is the leading one. They just want make sure that everybody recive the game and enjoy it…. And EA……. no comment. shame on you

15. Metacom
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:23 pm

I could smell the consolitius soon as I loaded the first mission in the campaign. The hint at the load screen was “For a greater challenge try Hard difficulty and turn off AIMING ASSIST.”

Aiming assist…not only an officially sponsored cheat for noobs but a slap in the face to the PC. We use to have a name for that, theyre called cheats.

…aiming assist…dub yah tee eff.

• NAME*
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:57 pm

I agree. Aim assist is complete bullshit it takes the skill out of playing games and it pisses my off that some people think their all bad ass with skill playing a game like cod that has the most ridiculous aim assist ever. A legally blind person can run around and pull the trigger and still kill haha. This goes for all the big first person shooter games. Companies cater to all this noob friendly shit (casual gamers), so any game that does not have aim assist as default I will give them a hi 5.

• jorge alvrz
        November 14th, 2011 at 3:46 am

i quickscoped a guy inside a car in movement just to see if i was lucky, headshot kill marksman 90m, it looked so fag that i turned off

• DevilsMercenary
      November 2nd, 2011 at 9:07 pm

Yeah i remember that hint lol, Not just that but the map sizes spoke console to me. The way the maps are currently designed, well I have an absolutely terrible feelin that the b2K expansion is going to be an absolute cluster fuck, pardon my French. The gulf of Oman joke for what the map will actually look like is probably not that far off

November 2nd, 2011 at 10:15 pm

Battlefield: Gulf of Bad (Company) Omen(s)?

• Gundam288
          November 6th, 2011 at 3:22 am

more like Battlefield: (PC) Backstab

• That Guy
      November 2nd, 2011 at 10:13 pm

lol i actually went into the options to turn it off thinking “aim assist? when the hell has pc had aim assist?” then i lol`d when i realised what happened.

• PC ELITE NEED TO SEEk THEREPY
      November 2nd, 2011 at 11:42 pm

aim assist is cheating??? you dont think a mouse is cheating??? ive played alot of fps on pc and its unfair to say aim assist is cheating if you dont think the speed of a mouse is a serious advantage/

• Tummynator
        November 4th, 2011 at 10:34 am

Wtf are you talking about … when you play on pc your playing against people using a mouse too! how is it an advantage when your opponent has a mouse and you have one too???

November 3rd, 2011 at 1:08 am

Aim Assist is automatically included in Console Games to make up for the in-accuracy of Controllers. On PC, its usually automatically disabled unless you’re playing with a Controller (with no Enable Option either). Sometimes its even a Console-Exclusive feature. They made Loading Screens with Hints for both PC and Console, that’s really not something to flip out over simply because we got Console Loading Screen Hints too.

Also, High-DPi Mice are just about Standard with most PC Gamers. In Hardcore I doubt you’d find anyone sporting a normal 800 DPi Mouse. Sure, some can go higher than others, but after a certain point extra DPi just becomes pointless, if you can flick your Mouse and you go spinning 380 Degrees, you’re overkilling it.

• Tummynator
      November 4th, 2011 at 10:35 am

Hahah … metacom, nice pointing it out, i had a wtf moment too when i saw it on the campaign

16. SsK
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:36 pm

they better start putting up more hardcore servers up!!!!!!!!!!! this soft core server stuff is god awful!!!!!

• Luka Mijic
      November 2nd, 2011 at 7:51 pm

There are a thousands of HC server with all 9 maps and game mods. what else do you wish?

• DIRK
        November 2nd, 2011 at 10:20 pm

liar, liar, every hardcore server is full and the q is full.

• yams in a can
          November 2nd, 2011 at 10:55 pm

Whatever, Hardcore mode is for COD players honestly.

November 2nd, 2011 at 11:33 pm

Obviously you’ve never actually played Hardcore Mode now have you?

17. D0DGEY
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:45 pm

One word… Disappointing

• Luka Mijic
      November 2nd, 2011 at 7:59 pm

u mad bro? *trollface*

• D0DGEY
        November 2nd, 2011 at 10:34 pm

Did i say i was mad…? No, I said i was disappointed… Two completely different emotions *flipping the bird*

• Trollzor
        November 3rd, 2011 at 4:36 am

U MAD BRO? I SAID . . . U . . . MAD . . . BRO?

• MRLoadingERROR
      November 2nd, 2011 at 9:31 pm

LOLZ,we got trolled by DICE :D

• Luka Mijic
        November 2nd, 2011 at 9:46 pm

hahahah yes big time :) now it’s time to put trollolololl song :)

• Tummynator
        November 4th, 2011 at 10:38 am

haha …

Dice “So we decided to switch to console during development.
        U MAD PC PLaYerS???”

PC “ok … “

18. His royal Freshness
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:57 pm

BLASPHEMY!!!

19. Spegel84
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:58 pm

Does this explain why the game crashes on high end maxed out systems?

• Luka Mijic
      November 2nd, 2011 at 9:49 pm

no it doesn’t :)

20. Pierogi210
    November 2nd, 2011 at 7:58 pm

It definitely shows that this is not a true PC sequel. I’m a big BF fan and i told my friend as my first reaction was that BF3 is 50/50. 50% BF2 sequel, 50% BC2 sequel. I don’t understand why DICE has done this. I personally think EA was forcing them big time. It clearly shows that DICE needed more time and that EA only wanted this to come out before MW3. After 1 year of release of BF3, BF3 will be a true sequel. It will have all the cool things from BF2 as well as the cool stuff from BF3. We just have to wait to see the finished product for about a year.

• mm
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:33 pm

yea, but i don’t think it will take a year, a little less, few months could sound good ;)

• plumokin
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:38 pm

another person using skrillex’s pic…..

• Trollzor
        November 3rd, 2011 at 4:38 am

Honestly, what is wrong about that?

November 2nd, 2011 at 10:18 pm

DICE didn’t do anything. EA wanted a CoD-Killer/CoD Switchover Game so they Mainstreamed it. Why do you think all we had in Beta was Operation Metro on Rush? Perfect Map + Mode to entice CoD Losers to switch over.

• SsK
        November 3rd, 2011 at 12:10 am

prefectly said my battlefield brother.

21. desetnik15
    November 2nd, 2011 at 8:00 pm

AGAIN BECAUSE OF STUPID CONSOLES US PLAYERS HAVE TO SUFFER BECAUSE OF THEM! I think the same is thing happens with engines, graphics can’t be perfect because of stupid outdated box that can’t hold it.

• DarknessHERO
      November 3rd, 2011 at 12:30 am

• DarknessHERO
      November 3rd, 2011 at 12:31 am

You sir clearly dont know anything about game engines, PCs or consoles. The engine can be pushed waaaay harder on pc then on xbox. The fact that it can be used on xbox without the game crashing is amazing. As you may have read is that xbox/ps3 runs on the lowest of the low settings compared to PC. The engine was not made for console, but that it can be used to make games for consoles is awesome.

• Gundam288
        November 3rd, 2011 at 4:25 am

the engine WAS made for consoles. Frostbite 1 was BC1 (consoles only) and Frostbite 2 only expanded on what was already there. it’s just a modded console engine… People need to get it out of there head that the Frostbite 2 engine was made for PC.

the last game engine that was made for PC that a Battlefield game used was Refactor 2. consoles had it, but it was a modded to hell in BF2:MC. the reverse has happened with Frostbite.

• RebornShadow
          November 3rd, 2011 at 8:01 am

AFAIK it wasn’t built on the existing. I think I remember that FB2 was made when BC2 was in production. And the engine was made mostly from scratch.

• Trollzor
      November 3rd, 2011 at 4:40 am

lol u mad cuz you dont know your facts =D

• Tummynator
      November 4th, 2011 at 10:40 am

Please, we dont need anymore trollers, we already got rid of skirllex :D

22. TheFlaev
    November 2nd, 2011 at 8:13 pm

Its still more new content than mw3 is shipping with. I’m content. Before anyone jumps down my throat about comparing the two I’m only comparing them in the context of how they are different from their predecessors

• Tummynator
      November 4th, 2011 at 10:42 am

If you buy MW3 you get MW three … No really, its a steam special :D

23. Rock
    November 2nd, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Who cares, when I play BF3 on PC I am happy. When I play it on PS3 I am happy. When I play it on 360 I am happy. All three are good, all three run great. Graphics are better on PC so the PC community shouldn’t be complaining.

BF3 is and always will be a great game.

• Trollzor
      November 3rd, 2011 at 4:41 am

Indeed, we are all in the same war together(BF3 VS MW3)

24. plumokin
    November 2nd, 2011 at 8:39 pm

ill be completely happy once they fix flying the jets and helis, mostly jets

• BLEEBLO
      November 3rd, 2011 at 6:10 am

If you can’t fly a jet it’s your own problem. Shame that they are improving them just becuse shitty pilots are complaining not to be able to fly vehicles properly!

• Binksss
        November 3rd, 2011 at 4:24 pm

What’s wrong with air vehicles now? Nothing, you just suck at it!

• kelleroid
        November 3rd, 2011 at 5:48 pm

Except BF3 jets handle like if they’re not jets per se.

They don’t fly straight and turn nose first, they GLIDE ON AIR AND STRAFE.

• Tummynator
          November 4th, 2011 at 10:44 am

*Evasive Maneuvers*

Listing slowly to the left :D

25. D I.P
    November 2nd, 2011 at 8:45 pm

If it wasn’t obvious from complete obscene of voip, squad management, in-game browser, and the “special” drivers from ATI and Nvidia… there wouldn’t a need for “special” driver if developer actually made the game for PC, but this way they left all the work for nvidia and ATI

• D I.P
      November 2nd, 2011 at 8:50 pm

“absence” typo :P

November 2nd, 2011 at 10:19 pm

No matter what Game it is, Drivers always increase Performance, even if you’re the World’s most Genius Programmer.

• netie
        November 3rd, 2011 at 9:10 am

I think they went the right way. Often nvidia or ati sponsored a devoloper and of course got the better performance now amd and nvidia had both to work hard to get good drivers.