On October 7th, 2011 in News

Battlefield 3 wall hack
Since the Battlefield 3 beta isn’t using any anti-cheat software (like PunkBuster), it didn’t take long before cheaters managed to cook up some hacks for the game, including the ever-popular wall-hacks (as seen on the image above). Over the past few days, cheating has been rampant in the beta, and the guys at DICE have taken notice.

DICE community manager Ian Tornay created an official thread on Battlelog where users can report cheaters they encounter in the Battlefield 3 beta. DICE will take a look at all reports and ban anyone found guilty of cheating. It’s unknown whether it’s only their access to the beta that will be banned, or their entire Origin account.

DICE has also pointed out that all their efforts are now geared towards finishing and polishing the final product, and not the beta. Which there will be no updates in the beta, but many of the issues you see in the beta — including bugs, hacks etc. — will be fixed in the final game.

1. Jack of All Trades
    October 7th, 2011 at 12:58 am

Dicks, ah well Oct. 25 is only a jump and a akip away :) and, personaly, am bone tired of Op. Metro and Rush

• 1UK33Y
      October 7th, 2011 at 2:00 am

Yeah same. I’m kinda a bit bored of the Op Metro with just Rush, it’s still an awesome game IMO but cant wait til 25th October for some 64player Conquest action.

• Genki
        October 7th, 2011 at 6:54 am

I’ve gotten over 60 kills in a game before, I can say I average about 30~ or so per game. I wonder how DICE will deal with the reported “hackers.”

One thing is annoying and exploitable is the Spawn beacons. There should be zones where they should be able to put them after the map has advanced in Rush mode. Nothing like getting flanked by a squad @ spawn, and once that beacon is well hidden – It starts to get frustrating.

• Anonymous Tom
          October 7th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Oh, no man. Those spawn beacons XD. Had a guy on my team camp one of the enemy ones, and I destroyed it [PTFO], I’m sure he would’ve team-killed me if it was hardcore.

• JC
      October 7th, 2011 at 2:39 am

Totally agree…I’m kinda a conquest guy in the first place so forcing me to play Rush only for 2 weeks is torture. But hey Rush is better than nothin right?

• ThatGuy
      October 7th, 2011 at 3:19 pm

Off Joystiq.com today

“According to Liu, “We ran the alpha tests with a Rush map and we wanted to have some sort of reference so we could compare results – so we needed to have more-or-less the same map.” Evidently this led to including Paris Metro – a linear Rush map with no vehicles – as the only map in the beta. For what it’s worth, PC players will have a chance to try out Caspian Border, a much larger map with vehicles, throughout this weekend.”

• young_gunnerz
      October 7th, 2011 at 7:56 pm

U can play caspian border without a password. I have found a server that has caspian border and has no password it just has high ping for me :( Played on it and it was amazing it really feels alot different than op metro truly a battlefield experience.

2. Starch
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:00 am

I hope DICE does update the beta, even though they said they wouldn’t. The hacks are spreading fast and every 1/3 games I play have hackers now.

• Cartoon of Duty
      October 7th, 2011 at 1:58 am

Wow would they update it if its over in a few days

• David
        October 7th, 2011 at 2:16 am

screw the beta, the final product is WAY more important…. on oct 25th no one will give two shits about the beta

• Implied
      October 7th, 2011 at 5:45 am

I’m curious about this… They really want to crack down on Cheaters, and yet they have an Option to Enable/Disable Punkbuster in the Game Settings.

That’s just… /Confusing. Or is that supposed to be just a Beta thing? >.<

• kelleroid
        October 7th, 2011 at 4:08 pm

Turning off PB in settings will actually turn off your PB client, but also prevent from joining PB-protected servers (99% of ranked).

• Vensum
      October 7th, 2011 at 2:25 pm

These kids pay for hacks just to have a high k/d ratio?

It amuses me that their getting laid ratio will never go positive.

• Mattman
        October 8th, 2011 at 6:55 am

hahahaha…..getting laid ratio….my hat is off to you on that one sir

• BoiseStateBroncos
      October 7th, 2011 at 3:26 pm

hahaha PC!! No hackers on PS3. suck it

• Sparenade
        October 7th, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Well FLAME ON dickhead.

• Mattman
        October 8th, 2011 at 7:00 am

hahaha ps3! No conquest on Caspian Boarder for you! Oh and did I mention there are vehicles?? jets, helicopters and tanks! Suck it!

3. Surferdude1711
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:01 am

please report them! also tell them that a lo of people baserape in Operation Métro at the beginning…
    and what about the MAV? I saw a lot of people using that too although it isnt in the beta…

• Cartoon of Duty
      October 7th, 2011 at 1:48 am

The MAV isn’t a hack, dullard.

• Dragazarth
      October 7th, 2011 at 2:15 am

That isn’t really a Hack, I have unlocked it and it is possible to use it, no hacking required. As selectable as any other item.

• That Guy.
      October 7th, 2011 at 4:48 am

All rush you are able to get baseraped in… i dunno if you have ever played BC2 but it’s always going to happen..

• [AOD] mweagle89
      October 7th, 2011 at 1:36 pm

If the attackers aren’t attacking, the defenders will attack…
      That’s the way it works.

• Mr Pink
        October 8th, 2011 at 12:53 am

Yeah, and the burden is on the attackers to push back if they are losing because they have limited reinforcements, unlike the defenders. I have played SO many BC2 Rush games where my team just sits back and snipes or suicidally runs toward the objectives trying to Rambo their way in and it determines the course of the battle (the team loses).

4. KODBF3CLAN
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:02 am

Yes, please fight these scum!

5. Richard Y
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:08 am

yeah, yet another reason not to play beta. Its so annoying that players will do ANYTHING to get to the top of the score board, why cant i just log in and play an honest game of anything nowadays…

• BoiseStateBroncos
      October 7th, 2011 at 3:28 pm

Sell your PC and buy a PS3 and you can play good games all day every day

• kelleroid
        October 7th, 2011 at 4:10 pm

Consoles only have less cheaters, not none.

Besides, sticking to good protected servers is another way. Global ban list will block anyone banned on a server connected to it, PB will also help doing that and server admins with players can observe cheaters in-game.

6. 82
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:09 am

This is half the reason I don’t play PC as much. The cheaters, HOW DO THEY FIND IT FUN?!

How is no skill (unless your making the hack) in a game even fun? All you do is move and click nothing more.

• Damascus
      October 7th, 2011 at 2:36 am

It’s not just PC, on Xbox I’ve been killed by what im sure are wall hackers because I get hit from the front but theres noone there and the kill cam just shows a dead body at the previous base.

• mm
        October 7th, 2011 at 3:28 am

thats a bug, they are there.

• Gundam288
          October 7th, 2011 at 9:24 am

I still don’t get WHY you would hack on a game that is going to have the stats being wiped anyway…. no one suffers in the long run and no one wins ether…

• ImStalkinYou
      October 7th, 2011 at 5:15 am

i know, i´ve never seen hackers on ps3, but on pc, there are many

• Omni
        October 7th, 2011 at 5:47 am

This is why dedicated servers are king. If you see a player hacking, teamkilling, being a douche, or otherwise deserving to be punished, it’s an easy click to either kick them for a while or ban them.

• NoFreakinIdea
      October 7th, 2011 at 12:10 pm

Wow, I can see the beginning of a possible flame war.
      “-i dont play PC cause of haxx
      -consoles haz haxx too
      -yeah dey do, pc ftw
      -f*k yu, console ftw
      -no, fuk u, pc ftw
      [...]“

7. NICE_NICE
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:12 am

Wow i have seen GODMODE Hacks and RPG/ROcketlaunchers hacks but this hack will destroy the GAMEPLAY, thaz why after two weeks of playing blackops, i reached level 50 but i got tired of all the aimbots that players were using arg

• That Guy.
      October 7th, 2011 at 4:50 am

Sir, I believe this a site dedicated to BF3, and this post in no way related to COD so lets just leave it at that shall we?

8. SsK
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:18 am

LOOK OUT HACKERS!!!,you think your all slick and stuff???? all stealthy and sneaky… and*BAM* knifed in the back. ha ha ha!!! long live bf3

9. timmy
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:19 am

wtb caspian border beta servers

10. BlueSmiley
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:25 am

Cheaters… We’ve always had them and we’ll always have them too.
    They’re the poison in this whole game scene.
    I admit, I’ve cheated once… On Counter-Strike 1.6…
    IN A NON-SECURED CHEAT SERVER! And believe me, there’s nothing fun on it. It’s lame, boring and stupid.
    These scumbags only use it because they can’t win without them.
    All these fags should get a ban from the internet. Fags…

Excuse me for my language. But I do hate them the most of everything in this scene. DICE, ban them for life! Don’t let them play BF3! Ever!

• ϞKRI||ƩX
      October 7th, 2011 at 2:54 pm

Yeah, hackers will always be there… on PC.

PS3/Xbox are secured to some degree. The farthest I think battlefield on the console, as far as I know, has only gone up to rank hacks. But thats about it. PC’s always fucking have wall hacks, auto aim, insta kill, ghostmode, glitcher, you name it… PC has it. I don’t understand why they don’t let us console players just test the game out, that way they know they will be on a secure game server without hackers and nerds. EA’s logic still defys me to this day.

• JayForte
      October 7th, 2011 at 6:01 pm

I like your comment about an internet ban, more than just the game/server. That would be much more effective if it were only possible. Imagine junior trying to explain to his parents why the internet is down when they try to do online banking/billpay. Once they got the internet back up you know that pc/console is getting sold on eBay if it didn’t get smashed by then.

11. XBOX/PS3 FOR ADULTS
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:35 am

is why I refuse to play on PC. Number one reason. I’m an adult, I don’t have time for anything but casual playing. That mean no drivers, no crashes, NO CHEATERS, no expensive hardware, etc etc. At the cost of better graphics (but the SAME gameplay), and no 64player maps that my connection can not handle anyway.

To each his own, but for me, consoles ftw.

• Cartoon of Duty
      October 7th, 2011 at 1:49 am

herp derp

• -=BwK=-
        October 7th, 2011 at 1:55 am

ahahahah xbox/ps3 for adults??? have you ever plugged in your mic on xbox? every person that plays is some young teenager who thinks theyre hot shit.

• killtime3012
          October 7th, 2011 at 11:07 am

He is just saying console gaming suits his life more than pc. I also like console better than pc and think everyone is entitled to their opinion. Console is not hack free but there is much less hacking on console.

• ϞKRI||ƩX
          October 7th, 2011 at 2:55 pm

I’ve never had a problem plugging in my mic to talk to people on any game, except call of duty. Thats the ONLY game that has people like that.

• Purple Thunder7
        October 7th, 2011 at 2:07 am

Honestly that’s just one of the gayest things someone can say

• Squall_Rinoa89
      October 7th, 2011 at 1:52 am

Modern Warfare 2 had hacks for both X360 and PS3. WTF u talking about?

• shamE
      October 7th, 2011 at 1:56 am

Actually pc gameplay is 1000x better than console gameplay.

• MiKE_nz
      October 7th, 2011 at 4:28 am

Consoles also have hackers. And if there’s a hacker on console there’s nothing you can do about. If there’s a hacker on pc he will most likely be banned by a server admin very quickly.

• ϞKRI||ƩX
        October 7th, 2011 at 2:56 pm

Not if the server can’t detect it! Herp derp.

• NoFreakinIdea
      October 7th, 2011 at 12:18 pm

Then you’re an adult with no life.
      -You don’t have a job because you can’t pay for a PC
      -Considering your age, you are trolling
      -You are absolutely wrong about consoles.
      They aren’t for adults, apparently. Most kids ask for a console for Christmas or sth. because that’s the kool, and the online (FPS) gaming is full of them immature idiots… Especially certain popular FPS games… If you know what I mean.
      So go away and shut the hell up. No one gives a shit about what you play on.

PS: Xbox360 isn’t exactly hacker-free either.

• Reece
        October 9th, 2011 at 12:32 am

lol. Being 13 I was supporting your post; up until the point you said those immature idiots >_<

• [AOD] mweagle89
      October 7th, 2011 at 1:46 pm

You talk like 60% of the PC players are cheating.
      I ALL the matches on the BF3 beta and BC2 I’ve only encountered a cheater once! 1 in (let me guess) thousands+ of matches.

If you encounter a cheater, just switch servers. don’t bother playing with them, and just ignore them.

If you are constantly whining about them, you have a problem, since they don’t care and you are getting angry.

12. Evil_Betox
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:52 am

Damn hackers are all over the place in almost every server, and i don’t see their number decreasing…

Beta is no more, i just uninstalled the game and now i’m waiting for 25th.

13. BF3 #1
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:54 am

IM SICK OF RUSH THINK CONQUEST CASPIAN BORDER AND BACK TO KARKAND O_o SH*T THIS IS SOME GOOD STUFF :)

14. Anonymous Tom
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:58 am

I find this HILARIOUS! XD Some m*therf*ckers can’t even handle getting the sh*t kicked out’ve them in a BETA?! So, then they’ve gotta hack it to even remotely kill other players. That’s bad. That’s real bad. The Beta is not that hard to play, those f*ckers just can’t handle it. I’d rather congratulate someone who’s gone 12-20 for doing an honest job on a beta, than have some hacker-slacker w/ 108-9 mouthing off about how he “has better skills”. Had a guy in MoH last month that did exactly that.

15. Jake
    October 7th, 2011 at 1:59 am

New BF3 video commentary found here http://www.youtube.com/user/HulkBank My first ever. Check it out and gimme some feedback.

• Reece
      October 9th, 2011 at 12:42 am

Not bad. But you spend about half the commentary blagging on about how people can whine and stuff on battlelog. Then for the second half when you compare MW3 and BF3 you just don’t seem to give an opinion, just facts about what games you’be bought in the past. In commentaries, try to talk more about the thing you put in the title.

16. toto
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:12 am

Hello my real name is Pewee Herman cya buddies!

17. TrippyTiger
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:21 am

Here’s some footage I recorded of an aimbotter

Just doing my part to stop the hacker’s!

• mario89bros
      October 7th, 2011 at 3:30 am

TRIPPYTIGER you should update your description in the video punkbuster is disabled in the beta its in the article. nice job though catching them hackers on video

18. rostyslav ivaniv
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:24 am

i have the same problems too many cheaters in btfl 3 beta , u cannt play it . im goona uninstall the game too !

• BoiseStateBroncos
      October 7th, 2011 at 4:44 pm

Are they cheating or are you just a really horrible player? I have not seen any hackers… Oh that’s right I’m on PS3

19. the dude with the G string
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:37 am

Fuck all hackers

20. Aftermath
    October 7th, 2011 at 2:54 am

Do note that punkbuster is not on for the beta.

21. Colt_Gun
    October 7th, 2011 at 4:37 am

I havn’t had any problems with cheaters at all on PS3. Although I’d far rather have a decent PC and just put up with the cheaters. I hope the cheaters get fully banned from all EA games and not just get a slap on the hand and told to sit in the naughty corner. I don’t see what people get out of cheating, it’s just not fun.

22. TomHanksTeaBaggedYourMom
    October 7th, 2011 at 5:20 am

Where would I report it? I’m actually playing with TheGreatMP3 right now and he’s hacking and stating that he is “just testing his hax out”

23. TomHanksTeaBaggedYourMom
    October 7th, 2011 at 5:20 am

and bragging on how he already got banned.

24. Kirdanes
    October 7th, 2011 at 5:56 am

Hey WTF… There i am! wonder when this picture was taken! Altho cheater in my team, still not okay! stealing my MVP!

25. Kierenblade
    October 7th, 2011 at 6:10 am

“It’s unknown whether it’s only their access to the beta that will be banned, or their entire Origin account.”
    Screw them, BAN them, they wanted to cheat. It’s their fault they wanted to cheat. Just ban their Origin account!

• kelleroid
      October 7th, 2011 at 4:14 pm

Yep, do it the VAC way!

If you don’t cheat ever in a protected server (but never ever is better) you’re not gonna have any problems. Cheat once – you’re gonna get banned from everywhere no matter what.