On October 5th, 2011 in News

Back To Karkand Weapons
Those who pre-order Battlefield 3 get a free DLC called Back To Karkand, which will feature 4 maps remade from Battlefield 2, and a series of weapons from BF2 as well. Until now, we didn’t know what those weapons were. Thanks to our tipster Anand, we’ve gotten a preliminary list of exclusive weapons that will be available to Back to Karkand owners. What’s best, you’ll be able to use the weapons in both Back To Karkand and on regular Battlefield 3 maps. Check out the full list of the 10 exclusive weapons, with images, after the break.

Battlefield 3 Back to Karkand Weapons

MG36

Battlefield 3 MG36

Type 95

Battlefield 3 Type 95

Type 97

Battlefield 3 Type 97

Thanks for the tip, Anand!

1. plumokin
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

nice, cant wait to play my fav bf2 maps again

• silverbullet
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:56 pm

Genki
      source of information?

• Genki
        October 5th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

Its always been like this, Crysis 2, MoH, BFBC2, just about every title with “limited edition” on it are the first press copies of the game, they should linger around for a few months then the second press etc get published.

• Cartoon of Duty
      October 5th, 2011 at 9:16 pm

Hidden due to lowRated by other readers">comment rating. Click here to see.

POORLY RATED Thumb up 163 Thumb down 556
      • Ricky
        October 5th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Of course, because fighting your “real” enemies in a video game is very real.

• Cartoon of Duty
          October 5th, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Hidden due to lowRated by other readers">comment rating. Click here to see.

POORLY RATED Thumb up 78 Thumb down 406
        • Implied
          October 6th, 2011 at 12:47 am

Really? Must be some new American thing then…. Only reason I play them is because they’re fun. I don’t think of them as Murder Simulators, although, apparently, you do…

• Ricky
          October 6th, 2011 at 1:57 am

Purely retarded… And btw, everyone that thinks this guy represents a majority of Americans is also retarded… So many retards. P.S. by retarded I don’t mean handicapped.

• Gardome
        October 5th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

wow just wow, could this post be more ignorant?

• Battlefield 3 owns COD...yep thats my name.
          October 5th, 2011 at 11:43 pm

Look cartoon of duty, the main reason why DICE chooses Russia as a main enemy to the U.S is because there really the ONLY enemy that can compete with us (besides China). Think about it, the hadji’s are just a bunch of raggedy ass militia with ak-47′s. While the Americans have stealth bomders, highly trained soilders, top of the line equipment, look i could go on forever point is there just not a good enough counter when it comes to U.S. Plus does’nt Thermonuclear war sound a lot funner than just shooting at people than can barely defend them self’s? (actually the last one sounds a hell of alot funner but you get my point lol).

• Implied
          October 6th, 2011 at 1:29 am

I wonder why he’s here, instead of off playing Medal of Honor. Was probably one of the douches complaining about the word “Taliban” in Multi-Player too… /Lame.

• Gundam288
          October 6th, 2011 at 6:59 am

“Thermonuclear war” fun? ever herd of MAD? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mutual_assured_destruction

go read that then tell me it’s “fun”….. and your not the majory of Americans…

• JAgamemnon
          October 6th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

Ever heard of Cobalt Thorium G? Google it.

• Ricky
          October 6th, 2011 at 9:28 pm

Alpha, all I’m saying is don’t judge an entire group of people based on a few individuals. The US has morons in it, just like every other country. That Cartoon guy that started this whole rant is a perfect example. I don’t like him as much as you don’t. But you make me not like you either when, rather than attacking him for his actions, you attack me due to some vague association I have with him (ie attacking all Americans).

I don’t hate all the people from the middle east because of the actions of the Taliban or Al Qaeda.

As for differences in our respective country’s histories… I don’t buy into it. It’s just as irrelevant to blame me for Hiroshima as it is for me to credit you for the pyramids at giza. Study any country’s history and you will soon realize that ignorance, hatred, and mass murder are multinational. You hit it on the head, you are young (maybe really really young) and I am young too. So stop trying to enslave us to the mistakes of a bunch of old, ignorant people in the past.

• I played the alpha
        October 5th, 2011 at 11:00 pm

Hidden due to lowRated by other readers">comment rating. Click here to see.

POORLY RATED Thumb up 57 Thumb down 247
        • Ricky
          October 6th, 2011 at 1:42 am

Nice… fighting ignorance with ignorance.

• Trollzor
          October 6th, 2011 at 2:09 am

LOL!

• Yo Dawg
          October 6th, 2011 at 3:02 am

Hey, “I played the alpha” Go fuck yourself.
          As for something relevant these guns look pretty snazzy.
          I really am pumped for this Expansion as well as the game, but I only wish that these maps were included with the rest of the game instead of it being setup like bc2′s Vietnam.

• I played the alpha
          October 6th, 2011 at 5:28 am

Hidden due to lowRated by other readers">comment rating. Click here to see.

POORLY RATED Thumb up 21 Thumb down 193
        • Ricky
          October 6th, 2011 at 9:22 am

So what, you think your cool cause your country “has a history?” Exactly what part of your country’s history did you take part in? Shitting on some mom’s face?

• I played the alpha
          October 6th, 2011 at 7:24 pm

@Ricky Who said anything about being cool, are you dumb or just can’t read? listen kid, asians, africans, arabs and many others have rich history’s and traditions which have heavily enhanced and profited the world and also give pride and a sense of belonging, America has been birthed out of murder and have not even began to have a history, oh no sorry let me rephrase that you do have some history but sadly America’s little history so far is NOT looking good, just go ask THE WORLD! they’ll tell you. I may not have helped my country’s history yet but im young so I have plenty of time to do it, which by the way i’ve been working on for the last 10 yrs. Whats your purpose? find it out, let it be something good and give back to the world.

• I am from earth.
          October 6th, 2011 at 8:14 pm

So I played the alpha, what facts are you talking about? All I see is ramblings of a adolescence teen. Yes America has a somewhat short history, but whats the point? Arab, eh? Where is your national pride, and where do you come from? My guess is your either a troll, American, or European muslim whos family is rich enough to move out of your country.You sound like you have alot of growing up to do, what are you 17? You have no concept of world relations. Are you blaming America for the middle east? America didn’t break up the Ottoman Empire, world war 1, 2, and the league of nations did. Afgan’s fought next to American GI’s for both of those wars. As for resources, Afghanistan, has dirt, and drugs, that is about it. We are introducing other agriculture over there so they do not have to rely on opium or pot. Its not America’s fault that Arab leaders want to make dynasties for themselves and become horrible dictators. Arabs need to quit living in the past, and take accountability for their race, and their beliefs. Saudi’s are just as fat and lazy as Americans are, but with indentured servants. All they have to do is sit and collect money for oil revenues. Oil which they DIDN’T discover. A few Americans went over there in the 1950′s and discovered it for them. I hope you learn something from this. I have already spent too much time with this post.

-American who has seen more of your culture than you have.

• Reinholdt
          October 6th, 2011 at 9:05 pm

@ Ricky
          “Exactly what part of your country’s history did you take part in? Shitting on some mom’s face?”

HAHAHAHAHA

• Implied
          October 7th, 2011 at 6:08 am

I Am From Earth – Technically, you sort-of did end World War 2, by terrorizing the World with the power of Nuclear Bombs. Everyone was too flipped out to react, so the War ended after the Japanese signed the Peace Treaty.

• I am from earth.
          October 9th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

Implied, you are correct. I was focused on the European theatre, I should have been more specific. Good catch!

• donman
          October 11th, 2011 at 12:48 am

you are such an idiot its unbelievable.

• DClark
          October 25th, 2011 at 2:19 am

You sir are a failure, what website did ur gayrab education get u the information that we caused 9/11 on ourselves. you call us stupid yet u come in here and troll about lies and false information. Well i can do the same u camel humping ragheaded terrorist.You probably live in America too, well u can just get the f*** out if u dont like it here.

• me
          October 27th, 2011 at 9:54 am

if you hate our govt then leave,if our country sucks so bad then f,,kn leave it,and just so you know no evidence what so ever has ever come to light that proves 9/11 was an inside job,quit smoking pot and move out of your moms basement

• PolarBen
          October 29th, 2011 at 7:59 am

Yeah your being ignorant, as for us helping other countries fight their war, we helped Israel become a country by supplying them. We are very sorry that during world war II we wouldn’t let the Japanese attack and kill thousands without retaliating, but next time we can just let the Germans march right on through the other European countries.

• warren3174
          October 29th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

It’s “you’re” people, not “your”…..if you’re going to yell profanities at each other and look foolish, at least do it correctly. No one is better than anyone else. The moment you start believing you’re better than someone based on racist notions is the moment you lose. If you have such hate in your heart, join some stupid militia and get yourself killed so the rest of humanity can carry on without you using improper grammar on a video game blog.

• andy
          November 7th, 2011 at 2:09 pm

@ warren3174

What do you mean it’s “you’re people” ?

Your people = the group that you belong to
          You’re people = you are people

• Ghozt
          November 29th, 2011 at 10:15 pm

after reading all these coments i forgot i was in the bf3 blog…so much hate

• ping
        October 5th, 2011 at 11:46 pm

I’ll play “Hadji” just to shoot people like you, then.

• I played the alpha
          October 6th, 2011 at 1:29 am

I will gladly shoot ppl like him for real, and that next fag “Battlefield 3 owns COD…yep thats my name.” that is the attitude why all of asia, middle east, 90% of europe… shit let me make it short 75-85% of world don’t like those nasty dip shits!

• Dozer
          October 20th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

i love how you have nothing to say after “i am from earth” put you down alpha.

• Orange Arrow
        October 5th, 2011 at 11:51 pm

And this is why America has a bad rep.

• Baldilocks
          October 6th, 2011 at 1:10 am

It’s actually because of the foreign policy our Dear Leaders have imposed on the world for the past half-century or so, but yeah, the Ugly American stereotype is a close second. Actually, it’s probably more like a distant second, but it’s part of it.

• Implied
          October 6th, 2011 at 1:32 am

Its not just the last half-century. Your entire history is riddled with destruction. You’re either trying to wipe someone out, or you’re trying to wipe yourselves out. You haven’t gone more than a couple of decades without starting another War, or joining one. Or somehow providing the Weapons and resources for others to have one.

And you can’t mind your own business. But the UN is partly to blame for that too, always having you go there and mess with affairs that are really none-of-your-fucking-concern.

• Orange Arrow
          October 6th, 2011 at 2:13 am

I don’t think many people care about what the politicians have done. That wouldn’t be a reason to hate Americans as it isn’t their fault. The reason I dislike Americans is due to guys like this and their arrogance. I can tell if I like a place due to the people not the fat cats running it.

• I played the alpha
          October 6th, 2011 at 4:58 pm

@ implied couldn’t have said it better!

• Hired_Mark
          October 6th, 2011 at 8:34 pm

Don’t worry. American history is like the shortest course in uni.

Anyways I strictly believe that it is conditions that make the people and if anybody complains about the general public should familiarize themselves with the laws of casualty.
          Fact is the US rolls with a free market economic scheme and a very limited political ensemble leading to misgovernment. This leads to instability and greed so people get used to the cut-throat self centered mechanics and take them as given, being the only way to make do and be happy.
          Bad conditions breed bad behaviour, having never lived outside of an recession (Yeah in Eastern Europe there has been chain recessions for 25 years now, and that is the type in which you have to prioritize which bills to pay) I can testify, as a lot of people my age have accepted violence as the day-by-day means of getting to your goals. There are very few that can assimilate the experience as you need a point of contrast, a thing Americans don’t have as you have pointed out.

Therefore, the reason why a lot of people have negative views on Americans is
          a) they have come in contact with American foreign policy
          b) they have come in contact with American tourists

Both aren’t very good representatives.

• Meevinman
        October 6th, 2011 at 12:50 am

You really shouldn’t bring 9/11 into a video game thread, it just risks starting a flame war.

• yams in a can
          October 6th, 2011 at 1:38 am

Video games are for fun, period. They might be touching like a book or painting, but overall, they are for fun.

• Wtf
        October 6th, 2011 at 3:40 am

Wtf ur a dumbass and you know nothing and you believe everything that is on tv

• Implied
          October 6th, 2011 at 4:06 am

Fox News, best Source of Information in the whole world!

Yeah….. Not.

• Implied
        October 6th, 2011 at 5:42 am

P.S. – Its Semper Fidelis, not Semper Fi. Just because Latin is considered a dead Language doesn’t mean it needs to get butchered.

• Jordan
          October 30th, 2011 at 12:04 am

Im sorry, I have to say this….. the origin of your acts of religion…. the lack of central government…. third world countires based on militaristic imperialism….. Muslim Holy Men i guess were just suicidal because they’re the less popular of the crowd? hahahaha same goes today; That Mohammed dude…. Sandnigger Adolf Hitler right there for ya. Dont go bashing on the better countries because we prefer hygeine over civil war, OH YEAH how is that working out? hmm? face it dude, your country cant say shit about America. Land of the free

• Keno
        October 6th, 2011 at 8:39 am

C.o.D. you my friend are an idiot, Never forget…i wont, that being the truth. sober up its a video game. You need to catch a stray bullet…talking about killing people for capitol gain, wtf is your problem. Your an insult to Americans, refrain from posting BS

• SOMEFOCCER
        October 6th, 2011 at 1:40 pm

The “REAL” enemy is uneducated pilons like yourself.

• I played the alpha
        October 7th, 2011 at 12:22 am

@Ricky You made a lot of good points but im still sticking to my guns with this one.

@ i am from earth all the statements i made about america being factual is indeed ALL FACTS (read them, then think, then you’ll know) but the truth is a lot of americans “feel” they are better than others and they certainly act that way. they is also alot things I DO like about amercia and your right about sheikhs wanting there dynasty’s although I am kinda young I personally believe alot more in keeping the traditions and laws of old. Just look at how the moral society has decayed over the last 100 yrs alone. I am not 17 (Older) and I am definitely from nowhere you mentioned.

• Trollin on dis bitch
          October 11th, 2011 at 10:04 am

You’re not American so how could you possibly understand who we really are? The citizens… Your perception goes as far as the media or tourists. This is what’s wrong with the world, so many people caught up in what we are, instead of who we are.

• |{apsloc|{
          October 16th, 2011 at 10:35 pm

Is this really how all hadjis think?

• TechSGTUSAF
          October 21st, 2011 at 9:35 pm

Holy Crap, I’ve heard a lot of raving and rambling about who’s country is better,and who shit on who’s mom’s face, LOL…Adolescence? Fucking, rock chewing, sister fucking, no bath taking, hot water hating, INBRED Retards, with a QUR’AN trying to kill the world with a bunch of twisted propaganda directed at the rest of the world who is predominantly NOT MUSLIM!!! Get a grip and take responsibility for your own actions and instead of bashing the rest of the world look into your own history and accuse your own leaders for the mass killing in your own ARAB world. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jihad …Your RELIGION has used this word to justify the mass MURDER of innocents since the beginning of fucking time. The United States was not born out of murder retard, but an idea of freedom from the tyranny of the monarchial rule of people much like the ARABs that believe that they have a birth right of some sort to rule over other people. YOU EARN RESPECT dipshit, it is not owed to you or anyone else… Brought to you courtesy, of an OLD fart who has done some homework a time or two, and has served 5 presidents as C.I.C., and every man, and women in the world who has died for the preservation of freedom and liberty. EAT SHIT ‘I PLAYED THE ALPHA’

• REALLY NOW
          November 3rd, 2011 at 8:57 pm

You make a bad name for “your” people.

• nohablo
        October 10th, 2011 at 7:13 pm

lol why is the us in iraq = oil

why does the us fight arabs and not russia = russia has nukes and the sandniggers have broken ak47s

dont take me wrong , most muslims are prehistoric barbarian shitheads but u should know the truth behind whats shown on cnn

• braindead
          November 18th, 2011 at 8:21 pm

Well, considering all the hadji’s in OPEC controlling the prices of middle eastern oil, because their greedy little fucks like our politicians and law makers. Kinda means we need to be there to assist ourselves in our needs. Sorry, that most of the Iraqi’s are to ignorant to see we can assist their country by building it a new. Unfortunately, their so caught up in the Quar’an’s age old saying “Death to the Infidel” to realize, that they could at least pretend they like our government wait for us to withdraw and take back over with pretty much a new country…

• widard50g
        October 10th, 2011 at 7:40 pm

I feel you brother.

• Eddie
        October 13th, 2011 at 3:53 am

You should go join military, hopefully Hadji children will put bullets in you, bastard.

• MrPhooey
        October 13th, 2011 at 3:26 pm

You’re the reason why the media is filling the heads of the gullible, simple-minded masses, with stories of kids with “violet outrages” and saying that these games are “corrupting our youth”. Truth of the matter is this: The only “people” who are being harmed, are the virtual characters in the game. Yeah, 9/11 was a horrible time for your country but it wasn’t an entire race of people that cause it, if you haven’t realized that by now. Get some help, Cartoon of Duty. Maybe you should try playing the sims or something. That way we won’t have to be subject to your moronic, brain-washed induced comments.

• Battlefield player
        October 22nd, 2011 at 7:16 am

Wow …. thats just hidiously racist cartoon gamer, what is the matter with you? hey do your self a favour, search up abu graibe prison scandal and tell who deserves to get shot, the corrupt guards or the prisoners who got bagged on the street and put in there without trial… i think our reals enemy are racists and world ignorance. all i can say is how dare you and stop watching fox news.

• FDSDH 011i
        October 22nd, 2011 at 8:04 pm

wow, you are racist you do realise that this is the sort of attitude al Quada uses as a recruiting tool

• HellSpawn966
        October 29th, 2011 at 5:02 am

WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS WHY CANT WE BE FRIENDS

• Zacharyjd32
          October 29th, 2011 at 11:31 pm

I remember back in the days when if two gentlemen had a disagreement, they would beat the shit out of each other in public, making a grand scene. Look what the internet has done to us…

• DgtheGreat
        November 3rd, 2011 at 12:12 am

We’re not fighting the good Middle Easterners. We’re fighting the idiots who think because some “prophet” says that all Americans are bad you want to blow yourself up in a crowded market somewhere in America. Oh, and apparently troll on the Battlefield 3 blog. Enjoy your life in a mud hut and dirty water. I’ll be in my insulated house with clean water and air conditioning. No offence to the non-faggots in the Middle East! I have several friends from India and Iraq.

• DgtheGreat
          November 3rd, 2011 at 12:14 am

Wow.. Sounded douche when I said that I live in a house. Umm.. Sorry to all you non-terrorist homeless people!

• TheHawk
          December 6th, 2011 at 11:55 am

how did you bring the indians into this? they’re one of the most peaceful people on earth – Gandhi & creation of Buddhism

• baroman
        November 6th, 2011 at 6:55 pm

ur a dumbass, racist and plain just wrong! >.<'

• mike jones
        November 16th, 2011 at 7:51 pm

How does this comment have such a low rating?! Its not like your lying!…I like Russians….never forget

• John taddeo
        November 23rd, 2011 at 2:50 am

Listen I am in the Canadian army and find your comment extremely disrepectful. the fact that 3 of my friends got blasted by an IED the afternoon of the day we met a farmer who has succesfully grown north american given corn. Kindly shut the fuck up because you have no idea what it’s like in the field

• L3g3NdZ
      October 6th, 2011 at 2:04 am

great now i have to decide between m98b vs l96a1and thanks for tha map DICE also please reply on which is better lawl

• strych9
        October 6th, 2011 at 4:44 am

Please don’t judge us americans from stupid comments like these. Most of us don’t agree with what our government does. And retarded kids that leave comments actually have never watched the real news, like BBC world. The local news stations just talk about americans dieing over there, these meatballs just judge, and really have no clue why we are there. And yes our government likes to stick their nose in other peoples business, it boosts economy. It is sad, but true. But for the most part, we have no choice as citizens. Clinton for example: gave nato to
        tal control over our military, meaning if they decide to go to war, we must go. Which Pleads bull, and a dumb law. Unfortunately the people who say ridiculous things on the internet, are representing the the rest of the country. And have no idea that it is feeding the wrap that our government has already started. Just ignore these fools. I as an american would kick the shit out of them myself. Sorry you had to read that shit(I played alpha)

• Implied
          October 6th, 2011 at 5:40 am

While you seem to be more aware than some of your fellow country-men, problem is, you guys don’t react. A minority of you setup Protests and stuff that does absolutely nothing. Lobbyists ignore them and just keep bribing Politicians, Politicians ignore them and taking the bribes and keep being fucking jerk-off losers, and nothing changes. Meanwhile, the Plague of Stupid keeps spreading, and its going way beyond just your own Country.

• I played the alpha
          October 6th, 2011 at 5:15 pm

yeah bbc actually has news! thank you for your support and I was wrong for throwing insults at americans (except for the FACTS) and as I said I meet alot yanks b4 and a lot of them were very nice, friendly and caring. but that guy just pissed me off and i’m sure thats he’s probably some young stupid fool who has no brain of his to actually evaluate and analyze things from a honest view and so are most of the ppl who thumbs down my comment. “implied” said it correctly that the US is always sticking there noses in other ppls business (world police) granted that some good actually comes out of it though it may not have been their genuine intention to do so. I.E look at afghanistan they invaded a country which seemed for no reason (also iraq) and look at this, 10 years after they “found” trillions worth of natural resources in AFGHANISTAN. YEAH RIGHT! they “found it” they always knew it was there so they can take it for themselves or the corporate heads of america sent them there so your sons and daughters can die for their greed. its the same thing they did to africa – they stole the continent resources, africa has/had trillions worth of resources but are one of or if not the poorest continents on earth. Just seems wrong and the cockyness of america is what gets others angry. but ppl like u is what your country needs.

• Hired_Mark
          October 7th, 2011 at 8:19 pm

Kinda like robbing the bank and claiming you found the money on the floor of the safe, eh?

• Leeroy Jenkins
        October 17th, 2011 at 1:51 am

whats really funny, is its just 10 weapons. all this whole flame war was started by some ignorant 12 year old saying how excited he was to kill the arabic team from BF2 (which although he was inexcusebly ignorant, The MEC was a team from battlefield 2) but he’s wrong neither the MEC nor the PLA are going to be in this game, its more or less a “greatest hits of Battlefield 2 maps and guns that arent in battlefield 3″

• Kriegstein
          October 24th, 2011 at 8:42 pm

Hey Implied, believe it or not, it’s not our responsibility to watch over one another and bitch about dumb shit when we hear it. Our country has this awesome thing called freedom of speech, and while some of us chose to use it, others chose to ignore it and not start stupid shit over something somebody said. Grow up, and learn to ignore shit. You act like your still in middle school. Go do your social studies homework.

And Mr. I’m Arab and I hate Americans, go fuck yourself. You already pointed out that you’re a hypocrite by saying you hate all Americans because “they” all talk like that. That’s a double standard, and your retarded. Just because our government isn’t making great choices doesn’t mean we all agree and support it. Oh, and you want to talk about how great countries are? In my country, we’re allowed to say what we please, as it is our God-given right to. When we see something wrong, if we chose to, we can rally, and that right is protected by the United States constitution. In your country, you get shot for disagreeing with your government, treat women like dogs, and believe in the religion of Islam, the ONLY recognized religion around the world that encourages violence towards others that don’t believe the same thing you do. You’re a low life, and an uneducated ass clown. Go step on a landmine you fucking scum.

• inspectergadget
      October 10th, 2011 at 8:51 pm

OMG we have been in through the biggest discussion of terror, nationalities and stereotypes.
      all of this just because some one said “nice, cant wait to play my fav bf2 maps again”

• inspectergadget
      October 10th, 2011 at 9:14 pm

After reading it all through i also see some racial discrimination. OMG what is wrong with you. Your not getting anywhere with this because all of you is just sitting i your own trench shooting arguments at each other. Just stay peace full cause i wanna play with you not against you. Battlefield is about team play remember D’:

• ReturnoftheZak
        October 13th, 2011 at 8:09 pm

All of you just shut up.

• N1ggah whith skillz.XD
          October 18th, 2011 at 9:37 pm

WOW. If you think avout it, RETURNOFTHEZACk actually shut up everyone…GJ. BD

• Paul
      October 11th, 2011 at 12:35 am

Why bring back the FAMAS?

• DERPY
        October 15th, 2011 at 4:19 pm

Because the FAMAS is a sexy little thing!

• sadstuart
          November 5th, 2011 at 12:04 am

I hear its popular in France ;) look it up lol , and considering a portion of the game is in france.. :D

• Team_Playa
      October 20th, 2011 at 2:59 am

Yes the maps r nice, BUT THIS SERIOUSLY PISSES ME OFF! I H8 EXCLUSIVE WEAPONS! NOTHING IS MORE IRRITATING THAN GETTING KILLED BY WEAPONS YOU CAN NEVER GET! 1 weapon is like “Ehh, who cares its just 1″ BUT 10 WEAPONS! CMON NOW, THATS NOT FAIR! They better release these weapons 4 FREE like they are with the PWP (Physical Warfare Pack). Some people just don’t have the time to pre-order *cough* me *cough* Map packs r ok though they dont affect me or anyone, but when alien weapons join in its not a fair game, you get wut im sayin. BF3 FTW ATW except bs exclusives -_-

2. Koenverd
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

I would like to see these weapons in the normal game a few months after the release of the DLC.

• KC
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

Or… YOU CAN JUST PRE-ORDER THE GAME. CHEAPASS

• A-Rent
        October 5th, 2011 at 7:25 pm

I don’t think you understand what he meant…

• Koenverd
        October 5th, 2011 at 7:37 pm

I did pre-order it, but it would be fun to shoot people with those weapons on other maps too.

• Genki
          October 5th, 2011 at 7:44 pm

“What’s best, you’ll be able to use the weapons in both Back To Karkand and on regular Battlefield 3 maps”

L-2-R smarty pants.

• David
          October 5th, 2011 at 11:01 pm

sick double fail loser

• Yo Dawg
        October 6th, 2011 at 3:07 am

Hey kiddo.
        He probably Pre-Ordered the damn thing, what he meant was you can only use the weapons in the Back to Karkand expansion pack with the selected maps, you WON’T be able to use them in maps such as Caspian Border, Op Metro Etc.. Don’t flame people if you don’t know what they meant, or you have no idea what you are talking about.

• Implied
          October 6th, 2011 at 4:19 am

We’ll be able to use them in non-Back to Karkand Maps though, this time won’t be like Vietnam, since the time setting is the same.

Now if they did a 2142/2143 Expansion Pack like a lot of us want, those Weapons would probably be for those Maps only. Its because of the time setting, BF3 is set in current age, different Weapons than the Vietnam War ones, and since the Karkand Maps aren’t changing the Time Setting, they can cross them over to be used with all Maps.

• BattedHaddock
          October 6th, 2011 at 4:23 am

Except tha fact that it c;ear;y states that you CAN in fact use them in the core game.

3. subwayis666
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:45 pm

omgomgomgomg awesomeeeee

• maxbox99
      October 5th, 2011 at 10:58 pm

Fuck yeah DICE! Why would you release map packs when you can release map packs with all sorts of cool stuff in it!

We will never see that in CoD ;P

4. Tony
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Sweet. BF2 FTW.

5. Dude
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:46 pm

Wondering:
    Will these weapons be available on the non-B2K maps?

• CADAVER
      October 5th, 2011 at 6:54 pm
    • Vinny
      October 5th, 2011 at 6:54 pm

yerps.

• Dude
        October 5th, 2011 at 6:55 pm

sweeeetness

• alapbun
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Why not? It’s just a DLC, goodies packed in it. The name only represents one of the additions wich is the name of a map. That’s all imho.

• Mo3r3
        October 5th, 2011 at 7:18 pm

look at bfbc2 dlc vietnam. no weapons of this find their way in the normal game ^^

• Implied
          October 6th, 2011 at 8:37 am

Different time setting. BC2 was set in the Present, Vietnam was set during the Vietnam War. Same reason if they do a 2142/2143 Expansion Pack those Weapons probably won’t be available on the other Maps either.

• LoA
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

Probably not since the “Back to Karkand” DLC is an all new “game”. New teams (USMC vs. MEC, like in BF2), new maps, new guns and so on.

But what i usually say, time will tell. ;)

• LoA
        October 5th, 2011 at 7:33 pm

Also, i forgot to mention that the BF2 vehicles in “Back to Karkand” is coming back!

I also just saw that you’ll be able to unlock everything in BtO to the original BF3.

Awesomeness.

• A-Rent
          October 5th, 2011 at 7:35 pm

BtO? Don’t you mean B2K? ;)

• Rockdave14
      October 5th, 2011 at 9:01 pm

Bro cant u read? Your answer is in the article! I swear some ppl just dont even the article and theyll ask about stuff that are written already -_-

• Goalieguy
        October 5th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

some people just read the title and comment, please, read the article before asking a stupid question…

6. metaly
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:51 pm

Can’t wait to use the L85A again. Now they just need to add the Pilum from 2142 and I’ll be set!

7. SuperSanity
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:53 pm

I’m so glad I pre-ordered this!

8. Valisk
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:54 pm

I seriously cannot wait to use that FAMAS. It’s going to bring me back to Metal Gear Solid and the spirit of Snake will flow through me.

• Vinny
      October 5th, 2011 at 6:55 pm

and it won’t even be overpowered!!

• A-Rent
        October 5th, 2011 at 7:28 pm

yeah, damn, that FAMAS was overpowered in BF2: Euro Force! o_O

• Mac Chase
        October 5th, 2011 at 7:40 pm

This ain’t block ops bro, the FAMAS isn’t “op” in real life just because it is in call of duty.

• daniel
          October 13th, 2011 at 1:30 pm

FAMAS is actually a very nice gun, it is very accurate when fired full-auto (low rise). The reason a gun like it in CoD would be OP is because IW sucks at balancing more than like 5 guns.

• Joseph Wright
          October 29th, 2011 at 3:23 am

IW in the MW series has decent weapon balance aside a couple of small draw backs, but treyarch fails miserably at weapon balance in general. They made the guns similar on purpose. It’s more fail to Treyarch then anything else.

• Tummynator
        October 10th, 2011 at 11:10 pm

Fuck COD … FAMAS originated from MGS!!!

• daniel
          October 13th, 2011 at 1:42 pm

I digress, while yes, it was in MGS first, it most surely fell into the FPS genre with the Clarion in CS, and then again in CS:S. Since that could be considered an ‘inherited’ weapon loadout in a game, it only really was used next in the Battlefield 2: Euro Force booster pack, where it (rightly) was given to the Euro team, since it is one of the most produced internationally sold ARs in the EU. CoD’s usage of it probably inherited from CS:S and Army of Two/R6:Vegas. I lol when I see it in CoD because it looks SO WRONG.

• David
      October 5th, 2011 at 11:03 pm

snake?….snake!?….SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE!!!!!!!1!

9. Vinny
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:55 pm

L85A2…..zomg.

10. Luka
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

I don’t like chines weapons XD btw, can’t wait to see vehicles from back to karkand pack :P

11. PatrickSon
    October 5th, 2011 at 6:59 pm

lol @ the fact that 5 out of the ten weapons are bullpup.

12. ImStalkinYou
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:01 pm

DERP! now i am even more exited for this game! the beta was kind of a let-down, but now… it´s all ok!

13. Jeff
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

I have very good memories of the L85 on Karkand back in the day. Not totally accurate and lacked punch, but I made it work.

14. CIV 21
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

is it me or do some of those weapons smell like blackops?

• Tractionist01
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

To me they smell like BF2:P

• MosquitoPower
        October 5th, 2011 at 7:21 pm

This comment is a win-win situation, and it’s full of win.
        Congrats.

• Implied
        October 6th, 2011 at 12:52 am

Agree, thinking… BF2 – Blops – BF3.

Thinking… CoD Switchovers going Blops – BF3, never played BF2, thinking BF3 actually taking something from Blops.

Well, maybe. I mean, they are throwing in some CoD Switchover stuff, could be they chose some BF2 Weapons also featured in Blops for them.. Who knows.

• LoA
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:30 pm

Haha what? Why does everything have to be “CoD CoD CoD” all the fucking time?

All these weapons are from the best FPS ever, Battlefield 2. Now shut up with your CoD ranting.

• JAgamemnon
        October 6th, 2011 at 2:30 pm

yeah where’s the “BLOPS is taking from BF2″ comments??? BF3 is taking from BF2 and other BF games. BLOPS: It’s even got a stupid abbreviation because it’s a stupid game.

• That Vet
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:55 pm

gaming industries cant trademark or own modern guns,
      they use whatever weapons they can, since COD had the m4 should NO other game have the M4 now???

• Camel
        October 5th, 2011 at 9:03 pm

Not to mention these are real-world weapons.

• David
          October 5th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

uhhhh they were all originally invented in cod….duh

• David
          October 5th, 2011 at 11:05 pm

uhhhh they were all originally invented in cod….duh

• Implied
        October 6th, 2011 at 8:39 am

Bethesda trying to prove they own the word “Scrolls” in Court. Activision should prove they own all digitalized version of any Weapon that’s included in any of their Call of Duty Games.

You’ll see, it’ll happen… One day.

15. Tomas
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:02 pm

Maybe they will include EU vs China?
    There are almost all faction exclusive weapons for all kits:
    EU:
    Support-MG36
    Engineer-Famas
    Recon-L96
    Assault-L85
    China:
    Support-Type95
    Engineer-Type97 (because it’s carbine version of Type(QBZ) 95)
    Recon-Type88 sniper
    Assault-???
    And general:
    Jackhammer
    Mp-5
    PP-19

• Glordit
      October 5th, 2011 at 8:05 pm

I believe the MEC Anti-Tank Infantry had the PP19 as the first weapon on BF2 :) (if I recall it was the SMG with the 50 rounds on a front loading barrel)

• Tomas
        October 6th, 2011 at 1:07 pm

Yeah they had PP-19 for antitank and Chinese spec ops had QZB-97. But now engineers have carbines instead of SMG’s so if we will get Chinese or whatever faction it will use QZB because it’s carbine.

• Cartoon of Duty
      October 5th, 2011 at 10:03 pm

No way, China is WAY too paranoid to be repped as a faction in a wargame, their nervous hysterical commie government would instantly cry foul to whatever company and country was producing the game.

• AL_GR33N

• Tomas
        October 16th, 2011 at 2:06 pm

It’s semi or fully automatic 12 gauge shotgun from BF2

• Bassam Helal
          November 11th, 2011 at 10:01 am

Fully Automatic 12 Gauge Shotgun
          Never Produced only prototypes;)

16. SteelSeries
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:04 pm

L85 yes ! ! !

17. IHEARTDICE
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:07 pm

The DLC is made available 30 days after release and the physical warfare pack is made available in 2012. Unless you pre order of course.

18. Doodle
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:08 pm

Looking forward to the mp5, there’s already leaked gameplay on bf3-forums.net

• Bloody Ghillie
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:39 pm

That is not an appropriate profile picture for this website, sir.

• young_gunnerz
        October 5th, 2011 at 8:02 pm

I agree

• Bassam Helal
        November 11th, 2011 at 10:02 am

Wow Nice eye you got there ;)

19. Swag
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:12 pm

MP5 WOW thats means 3 bullet burst hahah i will be a happy man, battlefield bringing back my fav gun

20. TOCS
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:20 pm

As far as I know, it won’t be a MP5, but a HK53. At least that’s what the beta files says.

• Mr Pink
      November 5th, 2011 at 7:53 pm

HK53′s already in the game. I know cause I used it in the finale of the campaign, and it had more than 20 rounds (so it wasn’t a G3), and had a rifle mag.

21. Damien
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:21 pm

No Steyr Aug 77 :’(

• Dune1884
      October 6th, 2011 at 10:30 am

the Steyr Aug 77 wasn’t in BF2.

• Damien
        October 6th, 2011 at 11:37 am

But it was in BFBC2. My favorite gun. Will do without, I guess…

22. cesc
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:26 pm

I hope the people who didn’t preorder this will get the same, even if that happens months after the release.

• A-Rent
      October 5th, 2011 at 7:32 pm

Don’t wory, they will. They’ll just have to pay for it.

• Cowwie
      October 5th, 2011 at 9:05 pm

It wont cost anything like Kopr*cks COD dlc.

23. Mac Chase
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:41 pm

I’ve never played bf2, but a jackhammer??? Yes prease!!!

• SsK
      October 6th, 2011 at 1:16 am

OK, WHAT IN THE HELL IS THIS “JACHAMMER” is it litterearly a jackhammer or a real big grenade weapon,or what???

• Trollzor
        October 6th, 2011 at 3:03 am

It is a shotgun i think.

• strych9
          October 6th, 2011 at 5:11 am

Its a semi auto shotgun, 10 rounds if I remember right. Haven’t played bf2 in a while, but I loved this gun and the 36c. Jackhammer is the ultimate weapon for clearing buildings, it can empty a clip in about 10 seconds. Giggidy

• unclewolf
          October 6th, 2011 at 7:34 am

Its a full auto shotgun..its a real beast of a weapon for CQB/FIBUA

• Zombie Overlord
        October 25th, 2011 at 9:51 pm

It is an automatic shotgun in BF2. It is the first unlock for the engineer class. It has a 7 round revolver magazine (10 round in real-life), a very slow reload and a very heavy recoil. If you got good at controlling the beast and limiting the firing of the thing, it was pretty good.

24. Genki
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:46 pm

You don’t need to pre-order anything to get the DLC. First print copies of BF3 will ALL be Limited Edition, which include the Expansion pack.

• Cencsor
      October 5th, 2011 at 8:39 pm

Wrong wrong wrong, only pre-orders get Back to Karkland

• Genki
        October 5th, 2011 at 9:21 pm

lol, just wait and see.

• Goalieguy
        October 5th, 2011 at 11:10 pm

in my experience u usually get the pre-ordered version if you buy the game while the first wave of copies is out. Stores pre order the game, just in bulk so u get the pre order version….

at least i usually do at costco, i love costco :D

• VineFynn
      October 5th, 2011 at 11:20 pm

If I remember correctly, DICE announced that the DLC would be released to everyone including preorders when it was released for purchase, so as not to separate the market.

• Mr Pink
        October 26th, 2011 at 6:38 pm

This is correct, I got my pre-order yesterday and it says as much, everyone has to wait til late November for the Karkand maps. I did get the .45 and some dog tags for day one use in multiplayer though.

25. he
    October 5th, 2011 at 7:49 pm

So this our “veitnam BC2 expansion pack”? Here i thought it was just an additional map/weapon pack .

• Mr Pink
      October 8th, 2011 at 12:44 am

BC2 Vietnam pack was sort of a mix between the two; you get 5 maps and about 15 new weapons, but you can only use them on Vietnam maps (‘cuz they’re old-ass Vietnam weapons). It also has a separate menu, but on the other hand, it’s not like it has tons of maps to play, so I guess if you’re a PC player and used to epic expansion packs, it’s a weak one. Back to Karkand looks to be more reminiscent of the expansion packs of yore though. I’m hoping they bring back the HIND for some of these maps that was featured in BF2 (which I have little to no game time with), since that was one of my favorite vehicles in BC2 (which I have played).

• daniel
        October 13th, 2011 at 1:32 pm

It is more of a booster pack than an expansion, you will probably have vanilla+booster servers, and booster-only servers. An expansion (in classic dice lingo) wouldn’t have that.