On September 22nd, 2011 in News

Battlefield 3 PS3 DLCTimed exclusives are nothing new, and it appears that Battlefield 3 will join the list of games that offer exclusive content on a selected platform for a set period of time. Much like Microsoft and Activision, which have a deal on Call of Duty DLC arriving earlier on Xbox 360, Sony and EA have teamed up to bring Battlefield 3 DLC earlier to the PlayStation 3.

According to the official PlayStation Blog, where DICE’s Tommy Rydling announced that Battlefield 3 DLC will arrive 1 week earlier on the PS3, starting with Back to Karkand later this year.

We can’t say that we’re surprised by this, especially considering Microsoft’s deal on exclusive Call of Duty DLC, which has been very lucrative for them. Also, a week is much shorter than the 1 month time frame that Call of Duty DLC gets on the Xbox 360.

1. Bladefyst
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:38 pm

This is so stupid that PC has to wait just because of the stupid “console war” going on between the PS3 and the Xbox 360.

• Dude
      September 22nd, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Does it say that PS3 is getting DLC a week earlier than PC? No, it says that PS3 is getting DLC a week earlier than Xbox.

Also, it’s just a week.

• TehGamer
        September 22nd, 2011 at 5:01 pm

Um it doesn’t say that.

• Dude
          September 22nd, 2011 at 5:07 pm

Actually it does. “PC” doesn’t appear anywhere in the post.

• TehGamer
          September 22nd, 2011 at 5:13 pm

It also doesn’t say that PS3 will specifically be getting it 1 week earlier than xbox and xbox alone.

according to the official PlayStation Blog, where DICE’s Tommy Rydling announced that Battlefield 3 DLC will arrive 1 week earlier on the PS3, starting with Back to Karkand later this year.

____
          It just says 1 week earlier

Seriously use your brain

• LiveWithIt
          September 22nd, 2011 at 7:55 pm

I think that the flame war between gamers should include PC because, often enough, the general argument isn’t just between Xbox 360 and PS3. It’s inclusive of all platforms including PC. So stop saying your PC is rapped in the “Console Wars”, it’s more like you’re a part of the “Platform Wars”. And PC games often reserve an early release before the consoles receive it like with Left For Dead 2. Also they sometimes they would get add-ons for free also like with Left For Dead 2. We all win and lose some battles so take it like a man.

• InfamousRabbiTT
          September 22nd, 2011 at 8:30 pm

Why don’t we just stop fighting. Seriously, wth is the point?

• CoolyFrost
        September 22nd, 2011 at 5:01 pm

in the article it said EXCLUSIVELY FOR THE PS3

September 22nd, 2011 at 5:50 pm

“offer exclusive content on a selected platform for a set period of time.”

Just thank fuck its not a Month like with the CoD DLCs.

Another lame move by EA to milk as much cash from BF3 without majorly pissing off the player base with more “VIP” bullshit.

And then they complain when PC sales are lower than Console sales. Doh. I wonder why that is. Maybe something to do with Consoles getting content first? Doh. I’m So Genius.

• deadeye009
          September 22nd, 2011 at 9:47 pm

why should getting something early matter as long as it isnt a year or some obscene amount of time i mean skyrim gets DLC on xbox a month early and i said eff that im still buying it on ps3

• MrSprog
          September 22nd, 2011 at 10:25 pm

I didn’t like the locked content at all, but I would sure as hell pay ten bucks for all future BF3 map packs…

September 23rd, 2011 at 3:20 am

Personally I didn’t have a problem with the Maps being ready, just locked. If you spread the content out it keeps people interested by adding something new every once in a while. Game Devs need a break too. If they shipped all that from the start, they’d be stuck there working on new Maps to avoid major burn-out.

My issue was that they shipped the stuff with the Maps on them, locked. Its like they’re mocking us, saying “haha, its there, but you can’t have it. Trololololo. And yes, we know Game Crackers will find this, so /FU. You want it? Oh, pay 10 bucks.” Why should I pay for something that’s already on my Discs. Its already in my hands, so technically its my property, but I had to pay more to get it unlocked.

I couldn’t have cared less if someone from DICE leaked that the Maps were ready, but we weren’t getting them from Launch. I’d have paid the 10$ anyway, my issue was that they shipped the game with the maps locked.

Far as the other comment, people that have a PS3 + PC could opt to go for the PS3 version now instead, meaning lower PC Sales, then someone flaunts that as more evidence that “PC GAMENG EZ DEAD BIATCHEZ.”

Or with Skyrim, someone with an Xbox and a PC could opt to go for the Xbox version instead so they get the content earlier.

Its just annoying that in times where people are trying to flaunt the whole “PC Gaming is Dead” thing using anything they can, EA is feeding them more “evidence.”

• Jason
          September 24th, 2011 at 10:12 pm

And of course the whole terrible idea to force people to use Origin.

Its a Douchey move by EA, even though I still pre ordered on Origin.

• deadeye009
          September 26th, 2011 at 12:27 am

i go to the skyrim forums and all the people said that they were getting it for pc if they were able to run it and as far as making a change in sales a week in my opinion really isnt enough of a problem to make me decide, if PC/360 was my platform of choice but i also had a ps3 i would be buying it on the PC/360 but then again some people are impatient and go crazy over things like that.

• HESEDNE
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:56 pm

PC has to wait just like Xbox so stfu

• L3g3NdZ360
      September 22nd, 2011 at 6:28 pm

i know right if pc joins the game sytem war we will blow them away but consoles are still good i have pc and xbox360 for gear of war 3
      praise online gaming people

• xbox gamer
      September 22nd, 2011 at 7:33 pm

relax. use your pc for work and stuff. GAME consoles are for games

• verysadguy
        September 22nd, 2011 at 8:36 pm

ok so ill be playing with 64 players on my PC for work and stuff

• Cowwie
        September 23rd, 2011 at 8:46 am

At that res and with these controllers and be limited to 32 players, no thanks id rather pay more and game on my pc.

• Nubwithatub
      September 22nd, 2011 at 9:41 pm

I bet if we boycotted this crap they’d think twice about it in the future, anyone up for it? No? Ok.

• Rise Against
      September 23rd, 2011 at 12:38 am

“Suck shit Microsoft!!!!!!!!!! hahahaha”

*Runs away* >_>

lol jks, that’s unfortunate because I’m playing this on PC

2. Dude
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:38 pm

Oh wow. A week. Any 360 users that bitch about this are bitches.

• LS
      September 22nd, 2011 at 4:59 pm

8=> Ö
      take that bitch!

• Dude
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:09 pm

My bad. It appears the bitches in this case are PC elitists. Figures.

• TehGamer
        September 22nd, 2011 at 5:22 pm

You can’t say the because people use something that makes them elitist. By your definition you’re a PS3 fanboy.

and tbh you seem like a troll

• Dude
          September 22nd, 2011 at 5:30 pm

I play PS3, and I also play on PC. Am I trolling? Sure, for fools who can’t stand that one little week they’ll have to wait.

• InfamousRabbiTT
          September 22nd, 2011 at 5:36 pm

You seriously just need to calm down.

September 22nd, 2011 at 5:55 pm

“If you are bitching about a week, A WEEK, then you are just being an impatient baby.”

Not really, no. Its simply unfair that one part of the Player-Base gets to play these Maps for all this time before everyone else gets access to them too. And why? Because Lame Arts wants to make more money.

I’d have settled for anyone that buys Battlefield 3 from Origin gets the content 1 week in advance. Increases Origin Sales and makes their Epeen look bigger at board meetings. This is just Activision Money-Milking Tactics rip-off.

• System
          September 22nd, 2011 at 8:24 pm

“BF3Blog must put an end to trolling, or trolling will put an end to BF3Blog.”

• deadeye009
          September 22nd, 2011 at 10:03 pm

so impy its ok for pc people to get it early but not console people? but look at it this way EA/Dice make more money for better DLC games in the future and no Activision milking technique is releasing a new BF every year they can keep that with the sports franchises that add a new player here or a “inovative juke stick” there

September 23rd, 2011 at 3:24 am

Did you not read my post? Did I ever mention the PC? I said it would make EA’s Origin look better. More people Pre-Order from Origin, EA gets to show bigger Charts at Board Meetings, win-win. It has nothing to do with Origin being on the PC and not the Consoles. I was talking exclusively about ORIGIN.

Learn to fucking read please?

September 23rd, 2011 at 4:20 am

Origin belongs to EA, as such, out of everything, it seems to be the most reasonable choice for them to release Content early on. Its not what Platform its on, its who it belongs to. It makes the most sense. Their own Store gets their own products early. Marketing Gimmick. Instead they went with Sony, which they did I’m guessing exclusively for the cash.

Seriously, people need to stop desperately twisting everything into “I HATE CONSOLES” Posts. Its pathetic.

• zzerDrezz
        September 22nd, 2011 at 11:38 pm

What the? *sigh* console (and pc) war again…

• ϞKRI||ƩX
          September 23rd, 2011 at 1:16 am

Wars on the internet last so short, this will be over within a couple hours. People who have time to argue over consoles and PC’s have very low attention spans.

• maxbox99
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:28 pm

So we don’t get Back to Karkand on release? Whaaaaat?! One question: Why the fuck? To me there’s no reason why it wouldn’t be ON the game when you pre-order…

Seriously I’m getting tired of this…

• Other Brian
        September 22nd, 2011 at 5:46 pm

“Q: Is the Back to Karkand expansion pack exclusive to pre-orders?
        A: No. You can also buy it separately if you do not pre-order Battlefield 3. Back to Karkand will be available the exact same date after the launch of Battlefield 3 no matter if you pre-ordered or buy it separately.”

From the official Battlefield blog. I don’t know why I (and I’m guessing a lot of other people) thought it was day 1 content. Guess we were mistaken =(

September 22nd, 2011 at 6:02 pm

So basically if you Pre-Order you get it for Free, but you don’t get to play it early. You still only get to play it once its released for everyone, only difference is that you get it for free while everyone else pays for it.

Guess its not finished yet or something? :O

• Other Brian
          September 22nd, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Now that I think about it, I guess it doesn’t make too much sense to release an expansion pack on day 1, huh? This way we’ll all be able to play the crap out of the base game, then when Karkand drops the game will feel fresh and new again.

I’m OK with this now.

September 22nd, 2011 at 7:03 pm

Exactly. Even if all the DLCs (or at least most are ready) shipping them all with Launch, whether or not they’ll be free, is just dumb. It’ll cause massive burn-out after a while and people will just be whining for more. On the other hand, ship the DLCs slowly and you keep people fresh and interested by adding new Maps every once in a while.

September 22nd, 2011 at 7:04 pm

Especially since we don’t know if we’ll be getting Mod Tools, which means the only Maps we’ll get will be from DICE.

• The MAN!!
      September 22nd, 2011 at 6:06 pm

can’t we just get along,so one version get some exclusives others don’t,we haven’t even seen the ps3 or xbox multiplayer yet and you’re all mad, be MATURE MAN jesus ,we need the moderators here to do some actual monitoring for once,like removing comments or have a troll alert,

ARG,ARG ,ARG ARRRRRRG!!!!!!!!!!!!

• mw3? whats that
        September 23rd, 2011 at 12:48 am

uh yes there is xbox gameplay and ps3 jezz its all over youtube

• People can't read
          September 23rd, 2011 at 10:07 am

Learn to read, he said multiplayer. Only co-op and campaign have been shown for console(s), no MP.

3. iseeu
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:38 pm

just give me beta already

• The MAN!!
      September 22nd, 2011 at 6:43 pm

TROLL ALERT!!!!!!!! TROLL ALERT!!

• ϞKRI||ƩX
        September 23rd, 2011 at 1:13 am

A team of highly trained monkeys have been dispatched to take care of the situation.

4. Tom hearts pie
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:40 pm

Well, I would rather 1 week instead of 1 month… I think I can wait

5. TehGamer
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:41 pm

EA….I don’t enjoy you

<3 you Dice

EA………….</3

• Coltsy
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:16 pm

we’re just forced to love EA since we love DICE

• Other Dan
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:23 pm

It’s really stupid to say you don’t love EA. DICE is a part of EA, and without them DICE wouldn’t be able to make BF3.

September 22nd, 2011 at 5:59 pm

You can’t love your Cousin without loving your Aunt/Uncle?

You can love the Game Developers without loving the Publisher Company that bought out the Studio and now has their balls in their hands.

I can love Assassin’s Creed and Tom Clancy’s Ghost Recon without loving Ubisoft. I can love Battlefield and Crysis without loving Electronic Arts, even though Crytek bombed Crysis 2 PC.

We appreciate the Developers that put time and effort into making the game. What I don’t appreciate for one, is big Corporations storming in after them and milking all the cash they can from their work. Like Lame Arts is doing.

• TehGamer
        September 22nd, 2011 at 6:22 pm

Um, not it isn’t. I like the game the developers made, I hate what the publishers are doing to it.

Usually I like EA but I hate that their doing what Activision is doing. Even though it’s not as long I don’t understand why we can’t just all get the DLC on the same day. No fighting and everyone is happy

• TehGamer
          September 22nd, 2011 at 6:24 pm

I like what*

they’re*

• ϞKRI||ƩX
          September 23rd, 2011 at 1:12 am

Yo dawg…

…I heard you like correcting your bad grammar, so you incorrectly corrected your correction so you can correct your incorrect correction of you correction while you’re making corrections. :D

• Other Brian
          September 23rd, 2011 at 1:55 am

HEY. I make the Xzibit jokes around here.

• ϞKRI||ƩX
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:31 pm

This is just EA getting back at Microsoft because Microsoft favors CoD over Battlefield, which is sad a juevinile of them to do. Thanks EA, for making me wait a week for my fucking expansion pack… And no Dude, I’m not bitching, it’s just an unfair advantage all because CoD fucking ruined the Xbox for us Xbox players.

• Dude
        September 22nd, 2011 at 5:37 pm

7 days. That’s all it is.

• Other Brian
        September 22nd, 2011 at 5:44 pm

I doubt it has anything to do with EA “getting back” at Microsoft. What it came down to is that Sony’s pile of cash was bigger than Microsoft’s pile of cash, so EA gave the rights to Sony.

• ϞKRI||ƩX
          September 22nd, 2011 at 6:37 pm

Xbox has more pre-orders than PS3 does, so how does Sony have a bigger “pile of cash”? It makes no sense, considering Microsoft is essentially a monopoly…

September 22nd, 2011 at 6:47 pm

I’m thinking Microsoft either didn’t offer, (maybe Activision pressured them not to), or they just weren’t asked. EA could have gone straight to Sony just to piss Microsoft off.

• Other Brian
          September 22nd, 2011 at 6:50 pm

It’s not who has more money overall, it’s who offered EA more for the exclusivity rights. Sony must have outbid Microsoft, or offered EA some incentive that they deemed more valuable than whatever Microsoft offered, and so Sony got the rights. But you can bet your ass that EA’s making money off this one way or another.

September 22nd, 2011 at 6:55 pm

Sure, Sony is big, but they’re Mass-Producing PS Vitas at the moment, and that’s probably taking up a lot of resources.

Not to mention Microsoft just cashed in big time from Gears of War 3. And they’re Microsoft. They do have the bigger cash pile, but I still doubt they were asked. EA just didn’t want to use the same people Activision does, so yes, this is an EA getting back at Microsoft move imo.

• Other Brian
          September 22nd, 2011 at 7:05 pm

It’s certainly possible, I just have a much harder time believing that this is motivated by some personal grudge, rather than by profit potential.

EA may know how to piss off gamers, but they also know how to turn a profit. Everything they’ve done can be traced back to money. I’d be willing to bet that this is no exception.

September 22nd, 2011 at 7:12 pm

Oh yeah, that they’re taking money from Sony for this is no debate, that’s like… Duh material. That they would pass up a bigger check from Microsoft which sponsors CoD for Sony? That, I can see. Maybe to get back at Microsoft for sponsoring CoD, maybe just because Sony is friendlier to them, idk.

Maybe its something else, like, Microsoft wanted Xbox Exclusive Footage like with CoD, then EA said no, and they went to Sony which didn’t care. Maybe they wanted the month exclusive CoD has, and EA said no. I mean, EA are asses, but they’re not as bad as Activision. Not just yet anyway.

• Pro
        September 22nd, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Typical Skrillix, saying stupid shit he doesn’t understand.

According to you, EA was so butthurt about microsoft “favoring” CoD (which it doesn’t, if anything CoD “favors” microsoft) that they decided to punish them by making them wait a week? Are you fucking serious?

Everyone else already explained why ps3 gets it first, and it has nothing to do with CoD, dipshit.

• ϞKRI||ƩX

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
          . . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
          . . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
          . . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}
          . . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../
          . . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
          . . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”
          . . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\
          . . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./…..\,__
          ,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
          . .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
          . . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>–==“
          . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\

• Pro
          September 23rd, 2011 at 4:39 pm

For a full time troll you aren’t very good at it skrillix, it would help if you weren’t the brain dead and thought about what you are saying before you said it. Take this for example, you said stupid shit (what you are best at, since you consider yourself an expert on all. Things battlefield but no less about it than a “cod kiddie”), then people explained to you that sony made ahigher bid, and it has nothing to do with EA crying like a skrillix over an insult. You’re responce was face palm, which is how most the bf3blog reacts to anything you say

6. Juhh1
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:42 pm

That’s awesome news for me, and all PS guys in the BF community.
    To everybody else: At least it’s not a fricking month like with Cod and Xbox.

• LS
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:01 pm

one more reason CoD is retard

7. TheNiceDuck
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:46 pm

Meh, one week is nothing.

Nothing to worry about.

• Jack of All Trades
      September 22nd, 2011 at 10:05 pm

It’s a free Preview for everyone else

8. iBass
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:52 pm

Preorder and get it at release date!
    U mad Sony?

• Dude
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:14 pm

Back to Karkand isn’t a release day DLC… You just get it for free WHEN it comes out, if you pre-order the LE.

September 22nd, 2011 at 6:07 pm

Doesn’t really matter if its Limited Edition or just Normal, Pre-Order whatever from anywhere and you get it for free. Pre-Order Limited Edition and you also get the Physical Warfare Pack.

Unlike the Back to Karkand DLC, the Physical Warfare Pack items will actually be available from Day 0, yes. By Pre-Ordering you get Back to Karkand for Free, and when its launched everyone else pays for it, but you still only get to start playing it when its launched.

9. Angry Gamer
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:54 pm

So PC has to wait a week longer for the beta because of Sony, and now they get expansion packs a week early? Doesn’t seem fair.

10. BuddhaChrist
    September 22nd, 2011 at 4:58 pm

Well, I guess it’s nice to throw them a bone with 1 week’s early access to DLC. After all, they do have to play it on PS3.

As PCs are innocent bystanders in this (frankly hilarious) battle of the consoles, we should get some compensation.

• Tummynator
      September 22nd, 2011 at 9:44 pm

Sorry .. but you cant talk about pc’s without getting thumbed down *gets 50 thumbs down*

11. InfamousRabbiTT
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:05 pm

Kewl beans. Don’t think it matters much since I’m pretty sure Dice won’t have an advertising campaign for every DLC and how PS3 gets it one week earlier.

Doubt I’ll even notice

12. Binksss
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:05 pm

What did you expect? Console is pure marketing!

13. plumokin
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:07 pm

ps3 owners: yay a week early
    360 owners: its just a week

• MosquitoPower
      September 22nd, 2011 at 6:05 pm

PC owners: Nice to PS3ers, hope there won’t be console war.

• ϞKRI||ƩX
        September 22nd, 2011 at 6:35 pm

Can someone explain to me why the relationship between PS3 and PC is so strong and why Xbox is left out? I don’t understand this world anymore…

14. Mo3r3
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:11 pm

anyone sure about PC will get DLC on the PS3 release date ?

15. Juhh1
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:18 pm

Where is today’s Battleblog BTW?
    It usually goes up by now.

16. Damascus
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:19 pm

Damn it all.

17. bacix
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:21 pm

for all of those who say “it’s just a week” : remember, this is the first step in the console takeover !

• ϞKRI||ƩX
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:33 pm

And what does that mean?

18. elitist fail
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:26 pm

ill get lots a thumbs down for this but BAD move ea BAD move this is the very spawning ground of the USELESS mar my words, USELESS console debate. can we ALL get dlc on time hmmm?

• Tummynator
      September 22nd, 2011 at 9:46 pm

i agree … we all might as well wait to get the dlc on the same day .. LIKE YOU DID TO THE FUCKING BETA!!!!

19. Kernkraft
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:29 pm

Worst news ever. Not because of the content itself, but because of the quality of the comments that are about to come. This console war is going to last forever, as long as we keep getting news like this.

• ϞKRI||ƩX
      September 22nd, 2011 at 5:35 pm

It’s all because EA can’t let go of the fact that they aren’t going to sell more than CoD, which was their goal in the first place. Now they are mad because they couldn’t grab a hold of the Xbox audience enough to make more pre-orders. Now they are making us Xbox players wait a week to fucking use our expansion packs. DICE doesn’t give a shit, they just want to please their fans, they have done that, and I respect them for that. I really wanted to re-live the old BF2 maps the first day it came out… :( Fuck you EA. You make me a Very Sad Panda…

• Kernkraft
        September 22nd, 2011 at 6:22 pm

How do you know what DICE thinkgs? ´How do you know they don’t completely agree with EA? So you say they realeased the PS3 content a week earlier just to piss Xbox users off? Or CoD players? What does it has to do with CoD? Yeah, your comment was pretty confusing to me.

• ϞKRI||ƩX
          September 22nd, 2011 at 6:33 pm

Whatever man… people always trying to make me the bad guy. Think what you want kern.

September 22nd, 2011 at 6:40 pm

DICE has said the Lead Platform for Battlefield 3 is the PC, as such, if anything, if it was DICE’s choice I think the PC would be getting the content 1 week in advance, rather than any of the Consoles.

Also, EA said they want Battlefield Sales to beat Modern Warfare 3. Keeping in mind I have no idea what CoD MW3′s Pre-Order Numbers are, I’m assuming they’re higher than BF3 because of CoD Black Ops. The fans want a new game, so they go for MW3.

I’m surprised they chose PS3. The Xbox Pre-Orders are much higher apparently, which means either Sony offered more than Microsoft, or Microsoft didn’t offer at all. Or maybe EA just copied Activision Money-Milking Tactics and went with Xbox’s opponent.

EA and Activision have been slamming each other, “MW3 will win because of Characters” “Battlefield 3 is better” bla bla bla. Its not been on here, but you can find the articles around. Beefjack for one has them, so yeah. This is a Lame Arts move against CoD. Simple as.

• The MAN!!
          September 22nd, 2011 at 6:41 pm

thats my last name Kern,went back to the plantation days,i hate black history

• Other Brian
          September 22nd, 2011 at 7:40 pm

Maybe this is my own naive optimism, but DICE’s attitude so far has been “we want as many people to play and enjoy our game as possible.” Which makes sense; when you put as much of yourself into making something as DICE has with BF3, you want people to enjoy it. This decision is not conducive to that goal, and so I can’t imagine why DICE would support it.

They’re probably not putting up a fight, because it’s not worth pissing off their publisher, but I’d be willing to bet they’re not fans of this.

And Skrillex, I don’t think he was making you out to be the bad guy. He disagreed with you by questioning your assumptions, is all.

September 23rd, 2011 at 3:29 am

Not just publisher, also Boss. Not like they really can put up much of a fight. They own them, and they have their balls in their hands. And they all know it.

• The MAN!!
      September 22nd, 2011 at 6:21 pm

War, War never changes……….

20. juhh
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:32 pm

Yeah, console takeover!
    Next think you know, Sony CEO’s taking out your Mom, dating to the Carrabians for ‘just a week’ .

21. ,,
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:52 pm

umm… doesn’t matter really cause I want to test the new maps anyway and then 1 week after back to karkand like oldschool and the new maps! :D

22. The MAN!!
    September 22nd, 2011 at 5:57 pm

here it comes…………….

• The MAN!!
      September 22nd, 2011 at 6:36 pm

console war is on!! which is better? hmmm how bout we debate that a F-150 2012 is better than a Ram 1500 (in which case they are both the same)
      what about a f-22 versus a Su-37(i don’t know which is better) or apple pie vs cherry, see different consoles for different flavors, like chocolate over Vanilla.

23. Oh- Excuse me?! EXCUSE ME?!
    September 22nd, 2011 at 6:02 pm

Seriously, fuck every single xbox and ps3. I’d call a mortar strike on all of them if I could. And DICE says the ‘PC’ is the lead platform for BF3…shouldn’t they be giving the PC players something worthwhile too then?

PS. Fuck consoles.

• Kernkraft
      September 22nd, 2011 at 6:16 pm

I think that with all the ultra high settings, 64 players maps, all the gameplays an teasers we’ve seen made exclusively in PC, alpha testing, 48 hs early beta acces if you pre-ordered from Origin (PC exclusive) I’d say we’ve had enough. When they said PC is the lead platform, they didn’t say we deserve any better, or we get cooler stuff. Just that the game is first thought for PC and then kinda ported to the consoles. Now could you please just STFU and stop giving PC gamers a bad name? Gooodd…

• Oh- Excuse me?! EXCUSE ME?!
        September 22nd, 2011 at 9:02 pm

I don’t give as much of a damn about the graphics, because I’ll be playing MP on Low settings for maximum FPS and visibility anyway. The teasers were really good, I wager they woulda been awesome enough if they were made on a console, so that didn’t exactly make sense. 64 players and 48 hours early access…I will give you that, though those two days don’t make as much of a difference as receiving an entire DLC one week earlier, so meh.

For all we know, this might be the first step towards consoles taking over as the lead platform at DICE. Only time will tell, but it’s NOT a good sign. CoD was alright, ’til AV decided to release the same shit over and over again and focus on the consoles – it won’t be long before things start going downhill. Do we want BF to start heading in that direction too?

• ImStalkinYou
      September 22nd, 2011 at 8:28 pm

well fuck you! everyone knows PC´s are better than consoles anyway, so why hate? most console players wold probably have a gaming PC if they could afford it, but a PC costs about 7 times as much as a console…

• Oh- Excuse me?! EXCUSE ME?!
        September 22nd, 2011 at 9:04 pm

So what if PCs are more expensive than consoles? You’re going to pay the price difference between a gaming PC and your next-generation-console once the new ones come out and none of the games made for them will be compatible with the current ones, but at least you can upgrade a PC one-by-one, so if you already have a good one, you can take your time, but you can’t do the same to consoles!

• ϞKRI||ƩX
          September 23rd, 2011 at 1:01 am

I’m just gonna walk away from this one…

• Goalieguy
          September 23rd, 2011 at 1:58 am

how much has it cost someone to keep there console up to date since the release in 2006??? $0…. You probably spend 5-6x as much to keep a gaming computer up to date since the same time that the playstation 3 released…

• Goalieguy
      September 23rd, 2011 at 1:55 am

not everyone has the money to put together a $500+(no idea how much they are but it sure as hell has got to be more that than) gaming rig.

I personally dont play games that much between soccer, school, family, and more soccer, doesnt make much sense to build that kind of rig wen in a few years there will be games that will require me to do a few $100s in upgrades

24. Frosty
    September 22nd, 2011 at 6:03 pm

PC will be the lead platform they said…

25. Sgt-Jackson_NL
    September 22nd, 2011 at 6:08 pm

Just release DLC’s all at the same time for console AND for PC! why?? because then BF3BLOG can skip to the REAL news!! :D