On August 1st, 2011 in News

Battlefield 3 amazon
Over the past month or so, European gamers could pre-order Battlefield 3 and get a series of bonuses, depending on where they pre-ordered. Now, the pre-orders have finally arrived stateside, and it’s the same offerings we’ve seen before, only with different retailers. Here’s what we know so far:

Gamestop Battlefield 3 pre-order

GameStop’s pre-order includes the Physical Warfare pack, in addition to the Back To Karkand DLC. If you are part of their PowerUp Rewards, you’ll get a free Prima Battlefield 3 strategy guide as well.

Amazon Battlefield 3 pre-order

If you pre-order on Amazon, you’ll receive an exclusive set of dog tags for multiplayer. On top of that, the pre-order includes the Back To Karkand expansion pack.

Best Buy Battlefield 3 pre-order

Best Buy offers the same Limited Edition version with Back To Karkand, plus a set of new multiplayer skins — the SPECACT Kit. You’ll receive a code to unlock 8 new multiplayer skins when the game is released.

1. Alvatraust
    August 1st, 2011 at 9:11 pm

Noooooo! I want all of them:(

I would pay $15 extra for all that stuff.

• Dude
      August 1st, 2011 at 9:15 pm

I think that you will be able to buy them as DLC later. You just get some stuff for free when you pre-order from certain retailers.

• Alvatraust
        August 1st, 2011 at 9:20 pm

Yeah true, like the bc2 store.

I’m not sure which one to preorder though. Weapons or skins?

• Dude
          August 1st, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Weapons, without a doubt. The skins are basically useless eye-candy.

• Duke
          August 2nd, 2011 at 2:04 am

Dude are you crazy? I’m going with the skins. Weapons that I will unlock anyway. But the skins are more then eye candy. Better camo all the way.

• Mikeeey
      October 22nd, 2011 at 3:26 pm

Yeah I think I’m gonna go with the skins too

2. DualFace
    August 1st, 2011 at 9:23 pm

I would like to graciously remind everyone of the BFBC2 Ultimate Edition. Make sure that you NEVER waste your money on this extra stuff because it WILL be re-released in a ‘complete’ edition, at lower price even.

Maybe not the exclusive dogtags from Amazon, but everything else will be (including all the future map packs).

• Dude
      August 1st, 2011 at 9:55 pm

Good point.

• Dude
      August 1st, 2011 at 9:56 pm

edit:
      good point, if you feel like waiting a year or so before playing the game.

• Mike
        August 1st, 2011 at 11:01 pm

Accually it’s not that good. Do you remember the article stating that BF3 will have 3 times the amount of DLCs as BC2. It would take more than a year and I doubt that you can wait all that.
        Besides this is the 3rd Main Installment for BF3 so maybe we’ll get more of those expansion packs like BC2 Vietnam and BF2 expansion packs.
        As for the pre-order bonus, I already pre-ordered the game from gamestop for my PC. I’ll just make sure that I’ll receive my bonus. I just don’t want the guide cause I always feel it’s useless for me.

• Dude
          August 2nd, 2011 at 12:47 am

I’m about to cancel my Amazon pre-order and get it from Gamestop instead.

I could care less about dogtags.

3. jonas
    August 1st, 2011 at 9:29 pm

The people who buy it at amazon and best buy do they still get the physical warfare pack?

• Scruples
      August 1st, 2011 at 9:50 pm

“DICE has just announced that the much debated “Physical Warfare” package which is available to those who pre-order it, and the subject of a boycott, will be available to all players for later this year, free of charge.
      DICE said in a blog post that the Physical Warfare package, as you know, is part of a pre-order bonus at select retailers in the UK, and will also be available in the US and rest of the world.”

So you will get it eventually just not on release day.

4. Rivnat
    August 1st, 2011 at 9:36 pm

And what about people who bought it on Origin? I know we’ll already have Back to Karkand, but what about Physical Warfare Pack?

• Volkovic
      October 6th, 2011 at 8:11 am

I have gone around and around with Origin on this. The Physical Warfare Pack will be available from Origin for pre-orders for the PC download ONLY. If you want the Physical Warfare Pack in the United States, the only retailer offering it is GameStop.

5. Paul
    August 1st, 2011 at 9:37 pm

I am so annoyed at this. I will miss out on the specact and the dog-tags because i ordered else-where. Ridiculous.

6. reLapse
    August 1st, 2011 at 9:46 pm

I think the dog tags should have been an ea origin bonus.

7. NoFreakinIdea
    August 1st, 2011 at 9:57 pm

i think its very unfair, everyone should get the same unlocks by preordering.
    but i dont give a crap i just want to know what I can get here in Hungary lolz!

8. Alvatraust
    August 1st, 2011 at 10:00 pm

I think they should of made the “limited edition” $65 and through all this stuff in. Anyone agree?

• Elitemane
      August 1st, 2011 at 10:20 pm

yeah sure, anyways if you preordered at gamestop, do you show your gamestop powerup rewards or just ask for the game,WAIT WHATS THAT……………………..mmmm pizza!

• josh
        August 18th, 2011 at 9:14 am

PIZZZAAAAA!!!!!! Hahaha!

9. Mustang
    August 1st, 2011 at 10:04 pm

So will the SPECTACT kit be free later in the year like the Physical Warfare Pack? If not, it’s better to get the skins, then wait a month or two to get the Gun Upgrades for free.

10. kelleroid
    August 1st, 2011 at 10:06 pm

I think you just better be able to draw your own.

11. ThatOneGuyThatJustReadsTheInfo
    August 1st, 2011 at 10:06 pm

Good info. ^.^ It was starting to feel like a really slow news week. The other battlefield blog at EA’s site has info on the Battlefield novel btw.

12. Other Brian
    August 1st, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Personally, the only one I care about here is the PWP. Cosmetic stuff like skins and dog tags hold no interest for me, and I only want map packs if I can get them for free or if I REALLY end up loving a game.

On a sidenote (and I know this is somewhat off-topic) since I obviously can’t upgrade my Xbox hardware, I’m working on upgrading all my other equipment before BF3 comes out. Anyone have a recommendation for a good gaming headset? I’m looking for something quality, but not necessarily top-of-the-line (can’t afford that, lol).

• reLapse
      August 1st, 2011 at 10:26 pm

Agreed.

• MiKE_nz
      August 2nd, 2011 at 3:51 am

Razer and Steelseries make some good headsets within the mid-high range. Personaly I have the Steelseries 5hv2 and they’re great, they were quite pricey when I bought them but the prices may of dropped since.

• Other Brian
        August 2nd, 2011 at 5:04 am

Thanks!

• BlueSmiley
      August 2nd, 2011 at 5:57 am

Sennheiser 333D 7.1! :)
      I have it, recommended my friend to buy it too. He is as happy with that headset like I am. It is “da shit”.

• BishopBoy450
      August 2nd, 2011 at 6:15 am

A tritton headset would be the best you can use it on your 360 and pc i highly reccomend it.

• Other Brian
      August 2nd, 2011 at 8:43 pm

Thanks for the recommendations, guys! I looked through a bunch of different options and ended up going with a refurbished set of Turtle Beach X4′s. I felt like they were the best compromise between function and price.

13. PaulC2K
    August 1st, 2011 at 10:20 pm

Im going to guess that the PWP will be an *eventual* free-for-all release, but the rest wont be, simply because nobody could argue (even the whiney anti-PWP folk) that a couple of fancy-dress outfits and dogtags influence the balance of the game.

I’d hope everyone would get everything say Jan 1st or whenever, but i somehow doubt it. But as long as the game is great, its not worth crying over irrelevent & non-game-changing items.

• Other Brian
      August 1st, 2011 at 10:21 pm

I seem to recall DICE stating after the Interwebz got outraged that the PWP definitely would be released as a free DLC before the end of the year.

• reLapse
        August 1st, 2011 at 10:28 pm

You recall correctly.

The PWP is now day 1 access, though three of the items are time based day 1 access.

• PaulC2K
        August 2nd, 2011 at 1:27 am

yeah, i know the PWP is, im saying that will but the rest wont be at any date, largely because the whine was due to peoples insistance that some weapons they hadnt used, were unfair against some other weapons they hadnt used. Like they trust DICE to balance the default guns fairly, but free DLC/pre-order guns were the devils work and impossible to balance cos some folk just dont got em.
        Tags and Dress-up dont influence balance, so DICE/EA wont share those for free… is my guess.

14. Elitemane
    August 1st, 2011 at 10:25 pm

WHAT ABOUT VETERAN CONTENT?!?!

• reLapse
      August 1st, 2011 at 10:27 pm

I’m interested in this also.

• BlueSmiley
      August 2nd, 2011 at 5:59 am

There will be more newbies in the game than veterans. Don’t hope for it.
      Otherwise it would be “unfair” and all the kids would cry/whine for the same content.

• Battedhaddock
        August 30th, 2011 at 9:47 pm

Except that I believe it is fair that us veterans get something special for being loyal all these years. I would love to flash around an exclusive weapon or even a dogtag, just to say “hey, I know what I’m doing, I’ve been here [with BF] for a while” or something to that effect.

15. FlarkyVision
    August 1st, 2011 at 11:18 pm

Hmm let me think, 2 weapons that i most likely won’t focus on using including 1 unique attachment at that time that isn’t essential, dog tags that are only flair and most likely isn’t that special since if i unlocked a tag ingame i’d most likely end up using it instead because i “earned” it or a set of specact skins that will most likely be for sale for $6 and most people won’t have because they would have to buy it. Most people won’t have is put in consideration to how many people in bc2 that used them before steam sale which was not many people at all it was pretty rare.

Think i got it narrowed down pretty well, i’d have to go with the skins because you would have to buy them down the road and it’d be pretty exclusive if not available to buy when it comes out.

• TheRonPaul
      October 13th, 2011 at 7:13 am

But im kind of confused cause the flash supressor was on submachine guns when i played the beta not saying the game will b even close 2 the beta but is the flash supressor just for the sks and will u b able to get teh flash supressor in game for other guns is the physical warfare pack just gives u the supressor for just that gun ????? please reply bro

16. FlarkyVision
    August 1st, 2011 at 11:23 pm

Oh and we shall see what origin gets there is still 3 months till the game releases. Hopefully not the specact stuff.. might aswell just order ahead from best buy but time will tell.

• reLapse
      August 2nd, 2011 at 5:40 am

If EA adds more preorder bonuses to the origin preorder it better apply to everyone regardless of when you preordered.

17. Mike
    August 1st, 2011 at 11:59 pm

Hey what is the big deal? We didn’t pre-order the game for the bonuses, Did we?
    -We pre-ordered the game cause we know it’ll be an amazing game and we want to play it from day one.
    -as for the bonuses, unless you are a fan of CoD’s soldier customization, you won’t need any of those dog tags and skins. The maps, However, are important but rest assured, they will be available to you one way or another.

• Mike
      August 2nd, 2011 at 12:09 am

Also, from a business respective, it’s a way to increase first day sales at least for the PWP pack. As for Back to karkand pack, its already being prepared for the game so development costs ain’t a problem, even if EA is going to lose some incentive to give it to us for free when the pack hits the store, they are willing to do so as long as we buy more copies of the game on the first day.

• BlueSmiley
      August 2nd, 2011 at 5:59 am

18. Materialism
    August 2nd, 2011 at 12:43 am

This is rediculous. I remember when games came complete with all the extra junk released as free patches to keep people playing. Now it’s DLC this and Pre-order bonus that. Disgraceful.

• Blarg
      August 3rd, 2011 at 9:07 pm

The times…they are a chan’gin

19. COLDKILL
    August 2nd, 2011 at 12:54 am

The problem with ordering from amazon is that they will ship it on the day of release… I want the game IN MY HANDS on the day of release.

• Jim
      September 23rd, 2011 at 4:18 am

They have an option to get it on the day of the release for a different price then regular shipping.. mine was only 99 cents for shipping.

20. Prodiqy
    August 2nd, 2011 at 1:28 am

Which pre order comes with the extra guns is it the gamestop pre order?

• Mike
      August 2nd, 2011 at 10:49 pm

Well if what the guys say is true, gamestop will have the physical warfare pack (PWP) as the bonus but it’ll be free later for everyone else. Not sure about it being free later though.

- Hey Friends, can someone please confirm if the PWP will be free later or no? We would really appreciate that.

• Blarg
        August 3rd, 2011 at 9:09 pm

The PWP will be free for all but at a later date only the those who preorder get it early

• TheRonPaul
        October 13th, 2011 at 7:15 am

Im right with u mike we need 2 know this the days are counting down

21. Turbo7
    August 2nd, 2011 at 1:39 am

I’ll probably pre-order from either GameStop or Best Buy.

And for everyone complaining about the pre-order “bonuses”, they’re not game-changing extras. As people have been saying, the Physical Warfare Pack will be released to the public for free after launch.

22. Cozzy
    August 2nd, 2011 at 2:33 am

I check gamestop it said A Prima guide for The Back to Karkand Expansion pack. Does it mean not a guide for full game?

• Mike
      August 2nd, 2011 at 10:53 pm

-Nope, only to the extre maps and stuff you get with back to karkand pack.
      -Better call gamestop and ask about it if u are concerned about it. I never cared about the guide anyway so I didn’t bother to ask

23. CBZ
    August 2nd, 2011 at 2:38 am

Why would Origin not give anything except for that crappy beret and shotgun in a different free BF game?
    Im regretting having pre-ordered through Origin

24. CBZ
    August 2nd, 2011 at 2:40 am

never mind. when i pre ordered i didnt see it comes with the physical warfare pac too, now im happy

25. Exportz
    August 2nd, 2011 at 3:10 am

The skins are useless , Only you will see yourself looking like that . I will still see you in the default when am killing you :P Weapon pack is the best one I think . you wont be unlocking them later but you will get them 3 or so months later

• Gundam288
      August 4th, 2011 at 4:12 am

the only thing that might be nice is if the specact kits are like in BC2 where its a different set. so you can swap between 2 different loadouts. because let’s face it, if what they are saying is true about the content and im guessing a LOT of weapons, you might need 2 classes here and there.

I pre-ordered BF3 on the EA store and they gave it to me on origin… I should call and complain because I want the dog tags. the specact is going to be on sale at a later date because if you notice it says you get a “code” meaning you redeem it like you did in BC2.

I’ll probably end up buying one on amazon for the pure reason of I want a box to go next to my other “true” battlefield games. I only pre-ordered from the EA store because at the time I wasn’t sure I would be able to aford it and wanted it for sure.

I’m really starting to understand what older people years ment about something special being about box copys of a game.

• ||PREDATOR||
      September 3rd, 2011 at 8:25 am

Do you have proof of this? Are you totally sure that no one else can see you in these skins? Just wondering.