On June 16th, 2011 in News

BF3 physical warfare pack
DICE has just announced that the much debated “Physical Warfare” package which is available to those who pre-order it, and the subject of a boycott, will be available to all players for later this year, free of charge.

DICE said in a blog post that the Physical Warfare package, as you know, is part of a pre-order bonus at select retailers in the UK, and will also be available in the US and rest of the world.

Furthermore, the Back to Karkand DLC is still available for free to those who pre-order the game, but won’t be released at launch on October 25, rather, Back to Karkand will be released later this year. If you pre-order the game, you’ll get it for free, otherwise, you’ll have to pony up. The Back to Karkand package is developed by a separate team — the same team that worked on the Bad Company 2 Vietnam expansion.

1. Zoeff
    June 16th, 2011 at 5:39 pm

Good, no more whining. Seriously, there was way too much fuss about this. Personally I would’ve liked to see real exclusives.

2. JaskoX1
    June 16th, 2011 at 5:51 pm

Who the hell wouldn’t pre-order Battlefield 3?

I’ll personally be purchasing two copies. One of my PC, and on PS3. Yup :p free content is always nice.

3. kawasabi
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:01 pm

Fail idiots from MoH better not screw up Back to Karkand DLC like they did with Vietnam!

• joongoon
      June 16th, 2011 at 6:53 pm

how would u screw up, ur just making the same awsome maps twice.

4. The Real Gamer
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:13 pm

I can’t wait 4 BATTLEFIELD 3!!!

5. BF3-King of FPS
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:21 pm

See, i told you so. All those crying girls have no reason to cry and being babies. BF3 will rock and can’t wait to play it.

• Raido
      June 16th, 2011 at 8:40 pm

It’s not exclusive anymore because so many people were boycotting it…

6. Dubstep Transformer
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:24 pm

Good, they made the packs free… now one thing left, the Camos need to be released to EVERYONE.

7. Concerned Noob
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:32 pm

Seriously? People who pre-order BF3 deserve the exclusive bonuses! Most of the whingers are going to pre-order anyway, I bet you a dollar to a donut. I’m still pre-ordering but this is a piss take. Give us pre-orderers some EXCLUSIVE content DICE!

• Turbo7
      June 16th, 2011 at 9:59 pm

Dude, if you pre-order you get Back To Karkand for free! Chill.

8. TioVinagre
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:32 pm

I preordered my Battlefield 3 LTD edition in DVD at GameStop in my town ¿I will have the Back to Karkand package? thanks!!

9. Sheppy
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:34 pm

Dice…If the natural laws of nature allowed me to. I would carry and birth your baby for you

10. joongoon
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:52 pm

Good move EA good move

11. joongoon
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:56 pm

Guys why are u advertising MW3 on BF3blog, why would they let u advertising when nobody on this site is going to buy it

12. legoingrdaproplayer
    June 16th, 2011 at 7:16 pm

EA IS NOT A KOTICK.

13. yup
    June 16th, 2011 at 7:17 pm

What will the kids cry about next????

• MiKE
      June 16th, 2011 at 7:45 pm

If wasn’t for the ‘kids crying’ then we might not of been in this situation where we get it for free no matter what, EA might of just thought everyone was okay with it and would’ve still only offered it to certain buyers. So we should be grateful.

• silverbullet
        June 16th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

oh they will cry about something else -_- i cant see what all the bitchin was about in the first place, if they said it wasnt gonna unbalance the game why moan? “ooo im gonna cancel my pre-order because of it” cant understand why people said tht since they had it on pre-order they wud have got it anyway!

14. Mat
    June 16th, 2011 at 8:07 pm

Am I misreading that, or does it say that Back to Karkand is no longer a day 1 thing for preorders?

• Turbo7
      June 16th, 2011 at 10:02 pm

I don’t think Back to Karkand was ever meant to be a day 1 release.

• PaulC2K
      June 16th, 2011 at 10:03 pm

Its not day 1 release, ie you wont be downloading it the same day BF3 is released. But you’ll have a redeamable code.
      This is nothing new, but a lot of people have jumped to that conclusion, and so thats what they spread, so you may have read incorrect info.
      You’ll get it free, but you’ll have to wait a while. I suspected 4-6wks after BF3 is live, early-mid December would be quite timely though. Its an ideal xmas present for fans, and lets people play BF3 proper for a while, and adds something new soon after.

• Mat
        June 27th, 2011 at 1:32 am

I suspect that I did just kind of assume a lot on this subject. Can’t blame a guy for wanting amazing maps right off the bat hah. Regardless of when I get them, free maps are free maps, and that’s good enough for me. Granted I’ll be stuck playing on 360 til I get the money together for a decent PC this game is still going to be the best game of the year(personal opinion).

15. MiKE
    June 16th, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Im pretty sure they weren’t really going to cancel their pre-orders and they were just saying that as a threat. They had nothing to lose and they probably just wanted some extra stuff for the game.

16. Dude
    June 16th, 2011 at 9:41 pm

But will this stop the whiners from whining?

…no, it probably won’t.

• Raido
      June 16th, 2011 at 10:06 pm

And sheep will still be sheep…

17. Kossy
    June 16th, 2011 at 10:19 pm

Well if Dice are telling the truth, and haven’t done a U-turn, then this does piss me off… because it means they were deliberately misleading people into getting the PWP on the false! assumption that it was “exclusive” – didn’t they confirm that there was “no other way” to get these items? Don’t know about you, but I call only waiting a month or two “another way” to get somthing. All this, in-fact, would mean the boycott only forced them to clarify (i.e., tell the fuc#ing truth) earlier than they would’ve liked – meaning: after the pre-order money was in the bank.

I feel like canceling my “exclusive” (lol) Game.co.uk pre-order and buying it from… where the hell I want now. I’m not an impatient person and don’t mind waiting for the “exclusive” content if it’s only a matter of waiting until later in the year. Heck, it’s not like the game isn’t coming out near the end of the year anyways.

18. MichaelJohn
    June 17th, 2011 at 1:42 am

So , what about SpecAct Kit for those who pre-order BF3 in Sweden?

19. Kossy
    June 17th, 2011 at 3:01 am

@MichaelJohn

Well, from the looks of things, that kit won’t be exactly “exclusive” either – meaning, it’ll be available to all at the end of the year like the PWP. If the English kit is only going to be exclusive for a limited period, why shouldn’t the Swedish one be? EA are looking worse than ever by back tracking and then trying to say “No u-turn people, we meant it all along”. It’s clear these packs weren’t meant to be unlocked at a latter date and that the boycott scared them into this. If so, why do they single out the DAO Shotgun as “day one access” and not the others?

20. DOOMZDAYZ
    June 17th, 2011 at 2:42 pm

I can’t believe people actually boycotted this. I don’t see people complaining about CoD Map packs “spiltting the player base”? seriously, DICE is so nice to do this. Already if you just preorder the game, DICE is giving us:
    -4 FREE maps with vehicles, weapons, achievements ect
    -2 FREE weapons
    -2 FREE attachments
    -and most likely, the spectact camo’s will be released for free, or avaible to preorder once they are annonced to the rest of the world.
    Stop whining, And be happy you got anything

21. tforman123
    June 17th, 2011 at 4:47 pm

What if you already pre-ordered it? (I did on Tuesday jun 13) Will you still receive all the pre-order benefits they are adding on? When i pre-ordered it, the only thing you got was Back to Karkland, with the Physical warfare pack now relaesed will I also get that, is what I’m trying to say :P

• Dude
      June 17th, 2011 at 8:38 pm

Cancel your order and then place it again, maybe?

22. bullshit
    August 18th, 2011 at 3:44 pm

whats the point of an exclusive that people will anyway get later on?im disappointed…

23. SweWolf
    September 23rd, 2011 at 5:52 pm

So we can get the phsical warfare pack wihthout pre-ordering at Orgin or somewere else. But WHEN WILL WE GET!?!?

P.S. im not ine of these stuped “kid cryers” I just dont wanna pay 1OO-2OO skr (ca: 1O-2O$) more at Orgin or GameStop when I can get it at places like MediaMarkt or somewere else…

• Hermex
      October 19th, 2011 at 11:55 pm

what you dont have to pay extra unless you consider like 4 bucks extra

24. Hermex
    October 19th, 2011 at 11:53 pm

Dice i am disapointed with you. Great companies like Bethesda and Bungie (ahh we will miss them) would never of stooped down to the 5 year olds who were crying for no gd reason. The people who did cry like i baby im ashamed of you too for being that much of a wimp. There wasn’t a reason to complain in the first place all you had to do was pre-order it yourself but nowwwww you’ve done it. Well that’s my ranting for the day

25. Bf3 gamer
    October 26th, 2011 at 11:13 am

I thought the physical warfare pack was exclusive if you have pre-ordered from GameStop. :/