On June 15th, 2011 in News

BF3 SpectAct kit

EA’s Battlefield 3 pre-order features have not only sparked intense debate and confusion, but a boycott as well. To add more to the bon fire, the Swedish part of European retailer GAME has unveiled yet another pre-order bonus: the “SpecAct Kit”, which contains “eight unique multiplayer skins” — pretty much like the unique uniforms found in the SpecAct Kit in Bad Company 2 (pictured above).

While this is another pre-order bonus which for now seems to be limited to Sweden, it doesn’t appear to offer any advantage to players, unless of course, it includes new types of camouflage that hide players better than the regular multiplayer skins.

So far the offer seems to be limited only to Sweden, but retailer GAME is available throughout Scandinavia and Europe, and it’s safe to assume other territories will see a similar pre-order bonus.

Thanks to Johan for the tip!

1. wirrew
    June 15th, 2011 at 10:00 pm

Yay! Sweden! :P

• Fagboy.
      June 16th, 2011 at 9:44 am

^^^^^^^ – You are one.

2. Raido
    June 15th, 2011 at 10:01 pm

I’m fine with skins. But 8 sounds like quite a lot… I’m curious how much I won’t be able to purchase at the end just because I live in Germany :D

3. Ergazorn
    June 15th, 2011 at 10:08 pm

So not only are DICE discriminating against buyers who choose not to preorder, but discriminating against people based on the country they live (in the case of most people, not something they had any choice in)? And this bonus is clearly inferior to the UK preorder bonus as well, which is funny, since DICE is based in Sweden.

I don’t believe this. DICE, you can count on not getting my money now, or ever. I can only hope other people follow suit, because it seems money is the only thing you listen to anymore. This is disgusting.

• Raido
      June 15th, 2011 at 10:27 pm

The Physical Warfare Pack will be available all over the world, it’s already announced in Germany (still sucks that it’s pre-order only). And this SpecAct Kit doesn’t seem to be pre-order exclusive, so it will likely be available later…

• p
      June 15th, 2011 at 11:55 pm

stop crying about i want this i want that. BF3 will be great, nomatter if u got these extra skins or not. grow up..

• Billy Bones
      June 15th, 2011 at 11:59 pm

I think you’ll find that it’s EA and not Dice who are calling the shots regarding pre order bonuses. Dice just make the game, EA deal with marketing choices. I’m sure the guys at Dice are probably very frustrated by the situation.

• Doctalen
      June 16th, 2011 at 1:13 pm

I bet you this will be available after the game is out. Also yea EA (I hate EA) are the ones calling the shots. Not DICE.

• Checho5388
      August 3rd, 2011 at 1:49 pm

Grow up, if you choose not to pre order, that’s fine that’s your choice. But if I’m pre ordering, I expect dice to give me something because I’M PRE ORDERING, because by pre ordering, I’m giving my money MONTHS BEFORE I get the game and I’m one of the few who has trusted dice with this game before I see any actual online multiplayer whatsoever. Something your not doing by NOT pre ordering. So I expect to get something in return. (again, it’s up to you if you choose to pre order or not.)

4. Freeman
    June 15th, 2011 at 10:12 pm

I’d still like to be able to buy the skins later on, like they did with BC2.

5. Dude
    June 15th, 2011 at 10:14 pm

At the rate we’re going, everyone from every part of the world who pre-orders is going to get access to some sort of “exclusive” kit…

6. petroberetta
    June 15th, 2011 at 10:49 pm

and those of us in Latin America, we buy into steam. As we buy our game?

7. I'd Fap To That...
    June 15th, 2011 at 11:18 pm

I dont get what they are trying to do, this just makes everyone hate eachother even more being able to say, ” Ooh, look at me with camo cuz im Swedish and you don’t have anything, nananana, hahahaha….” they need to just make a huge bundle pack that include all of these order bonuses, and available to EVERYONE.

8. Jesse
    June 16th, 2011 at 12:00 am

I think this is just dumb.. they need to stop focusing on stupid pre-order bonuses and just give us a complete game. im in Australia.. we pay $90 – $100 for a new big franchise game in store. Im growing old of all these shitty marketing ploys.. just give me the dam game complete with all the bells and whistles… im paying 100 bucks for fucks sake – these skins should just come with the fucking game.

9. eric
    June 16th, 2011 at 12:28 am

as long things are not exclusive i am fine
    not being able to have the full game is the problem
    and DICE is discriminating also players that pre order early and supported the game with out a lot of videos and stuff that they showed

10. Tjilaz
    June 16th, 2011 at 12:30 am

it sucks that it’s only in sweden, it should be in whole scandinavia, if it’s only in sweden i will just preorder it in sweden and drive there to get it.. I live pretty close to sweden :)

• Jericho
      June 16th, 2011 at 8:45 am

try cdon.com ;-)

• Jericho
        June 16th, 2011 at 9:04 am

While browsing the page I saw a collectors edition. No description of what will be included? hmmm. We’ll have to wait for its contest to be revealed.

11. MichaelJohn
    June 16th, 2011 at 6:46 am

Sucks.. ._.”

12. Servus
    June 16th, 2011 at 7:17 am

I wonder if this game will feel like a full game after we’ve spent another $40 or so on it? Maybe all these game devs should go work for Valve.

13. SwedishBarret
    June 16th, 2011 at 9:23 am

I feel bad for others that doesn’t get this…

14. Kalanthes
    June 16th, 2011 at 10:41 am

This is probably EA’s call, and can not be blamed on DICE, I’m buying the game whatever happens, but no way I’m paying for all these retarded extra packs, maybe PWP, but that’s it. I agree that this is getting ridiculous and wonder what the hell EA is thinking…

15. GotajobGot Money
    June 16th, 2011 at 11:05 am

Not interested in the extra packs period.

They wont change the game and this is all whining on the part of way too many people.

You get MP, SP, Original Content in Co-op, Dedicated Servers, and the classic maps thrown in after the fact for FREE for $60 and all you can find to bitch about is skins? REALLY?! Skins and weapons that stink…seriously?!

Stop whining, dont buy it then, I’ll buy two copies. Go play MW3 and pay even more for less.

16. TheGuyYouNeverMet
    June 16th, 2011 at 1:01 pm

Nice! I live in Sweden! But it’s a little unfair to make it Sweden exclusive! (Even if it isn’t) Maybe Europe exclusive! Anyways! As the creator of Minecraft stated (Notch or whatever he calls himself) “When i make a movie it will have exclusive scenes depending on what cinema you go to”
    So true in this case!

17. BF3-King of FPS
    June 16th, 2011 at 1:25 pm

All this pre-order stuff is getting way out of hand. This is purely EA’s marketing ploy to have people pre-order the game. I personally think this is BS but what do you expect, it’s EA: they always ruin games. Instead of focusing on how to destroy COD forever, they are destroying their own fans perceptions. Anyways, this game is going to rock hard and will not change the fact that I still have it pre-ordered and will play this game from DAY 1. Those who are boycotting this whole thing and saying that this has changed their minds on not getting this game are a bunch of 6 year old school girls. Give it some time, all this crap will blow over and everybody everywhere will have the same thing.

18. xCryonic
    June 16th, 2011 at 5:20 pm

This is also available in Finland.

But I really think that its just a really big fail in description of game…

19. Rigge
    June 18th, 2011 at 10:04 pm

Hehe, much cry cry going on here. Althought this is probably just a trick to increase immigration :P

• bacix
      June 22nd, 2011 at 10:42 am

i thought of the same thing. those swedes are always trying to raise the immigration rate. they give you money if you have children with swedish citizenship and now this: they give you camos if you live in sweden. those swedes and their evil schemes.

20. KITSUNETSUKI
    June 23rd, 2011 at 11:20 pm

Its about time europe got something that appears somewhat exclusive. Its ALWAYS america, they get the earlier releases and often exclusive or early stuff. So good on ya dice. Just hope they stick to their guns.

21. 1-8th-Paubel
    July 4th, 2011 at 1:07 am

I preordered day fucking one and I live in the United States.. So this means I won’t be able to get access to the SPECACT shit..?

22. deltoran
    July 6th, 2011 at 12:13 pm

The specact kit is also included with JBHIFI pre-orders in australia, it also includes real dog tags, a hat and Avatar item for 360 users

23. Swedish Battlefield Veteran
    July 11th, 2011 at 7:54 pm

I think I know why Battlefield 3 is giving out som special stuff for us swedes, becouse America and Asia is always getting the best things like the early release dates and so on, now im glad that they are giving us swedes som bonus, couse DICE has always been swedish, but we have never got some bonusstuff.

I also have a theory that the specact kit includes swedish army Woodland/Desert camo for the character.

I cant wait for the game to come out.

peace!

24. Harhar
    July 22nd, 2011 at 12:34 am

its also available in New Zealand and the physical warfare pack will be given to everyone for free after a specific amount of time so theres no point in pre ordering it just for that

25. Matt
    July 27th, 2011 at 10:14 pm

In the UK, depending on where you preorder from , so far i have seen 3 different preorder bonuses;

-Physical Warfare Pack
    -Specact kit
    -5 bonus dog tags

I take it these are all cosmetic and dont really have much affect on the gameplay… so which to choose, the mind boggles…..