On February 5th, 2011 in News

We spotted a few more bits of information about Battlefield 3 on EA’s pre-order page of game, which pitches BF3 as:

In Battlefield 3, players step into the role of elite US Marines where they will experience heart-pounding single player missions and competitive multiplayer actions ranging across diverse locations from around the globe including Paris, Tehran and New York.

Furthermore, the note mentions the ability to “drag fallen comrades into safety”, and “mount your weapons on almost any surface”. You can see the full text below:

1. Galcian
    February 5th, 2011 at 7:17 am

Hells to the yes. I’m gonna need a new videocard…

2. bulldozer
    February 5th, 2011 at 9:20 am

Sounds great! But I have to wait till I get a new PC. It would be humiliating to start playing it with low settings…

3. Freeman
    February 5th, 2011 at 9:27 am

Hopefully Tehran will get the Karkand look, nothing like 64 players on a middle-eastern urban map.

4. Asgaro
    February 5th, 2011 at 12:29 pm

I hope my 8800GTX can handle the game on medium graphics.
    But since I’m at 1980×1020 resolution I don’t see my chances that high…
    I assume that Forstbite 2.0 will be ‘heavier’ than 1.5, but I can’t really be that different I guess? Since it’s optimized for consoles (which use out-dated hardware. No offence)

5. alkhammash
    February 7th, 2011 at 10:22 am

oh greeeat .. it’s amazing mab .. but where is reyadh? .. it’s very good mab :P

6. III.6
    February 9th, 2011 at 6:05 am

Tehran ? huh … They’ll come to Iran … The Story would be great with that !

• farzaneh
      November 2nd, 2011 at 12:04 pm

I dont like the story since Tehran is my city!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

7. George
    March 1st, 2011 at 5:24 pm

Tehran eh??? Nice!!!!!! I hope they don’t try to show Iran’s capital city like an African village

• farzaneh
      November 2nd, 2011 at 12:16 pm

:( ((((((((((((((((( I dont like the story how to say that hate this game forever :( (((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

8. alpo
    April 7th, 2011 at 8:43 pm

hi friends
    the usa army is afraid of iranian army,and usa just can attack to tehran on this games … ha ha ha:D

search comodo hacker at google. read and see who we are.

• Babak
      May 31st, 2011 at 5:40 pm

Thanks To You For Your Perfect Comment . Iranian People Is Good And They Want world At Peace

• name
      July 5th, 2011 at 3:40 pm

its the marines not the army and they are not afraid u ediot u dont even know a thing so just shut up

9. hossein
    April 14th, 2011 at 12:00 pm

i will hope see usa army in tehran!!!
    ha ha!!

10. Ali
    April 21st, 2011 at 5:07 pm

hi all, Hossein why you disire see usArmy in tehran?!!any way any War in the world isnt good things for Human being,even for Great IRAN.

11. S.R.Mousavi
    April 21st, 2011 at 6:39 pm

Down with u.s.a
    Down with u.k
    Down with Israeil
    Down with French

12. iMaN Iranian Gay !!
    April 21st, 2011 at 7:28 pm

haha Tehran??????
    u can just enter to my country just whit the a game or dream ;)
    all right we are hospitable :)
    urw
    just remember we are not ARAB we are FARS ;)

• iMaN Iranian Gay !!
      April 21st, 2011 at 7:34 pm

please if it possible edit ur persian word in game
      for example :
      ف ق ط is wrong!! فقط is a correct

13. matin sh
    April 21st, 2011 at 11:41 pm

Hi everybody. I know that the aim of this game productors is just Psychological warfare for us. don’t worry about that. like every one said before they only can attack to IRAN in games and dreams. we had shown our power and Enthusiasm in our last war with Iraq in better expression with all the west countries such as USA UK France and … . isn’t that??!!!

• Yasmin
      October 25th, 2011 at 9:09 am

Did you hear Russians say Bad company 2 is a psychological warfare against russia? NO! It’s just a game and Tehran is just one of the maps. Stop truning everything into political BS.

14. i'm iranian
    April 22nd, 2011 at 2:20 pm

I am a free Iran
    Iranians are not terrorists
    Cyrus is our representative who wrote the Bill of Rights
    We have our problems ourselves and we need to solve America’s military presence is not Iran.

• Yasmin
      October 25th, 2011 at 9:13 am

I’m ashamed of being Iranians sometimes cause of ppl like you! why do you have to make everything personal and political? it’s just game and all you “Persians” need to fucking relax!

• Yasmin
        October 25th, 2011 at 9:14 am

Iranian*

15. mohammad
    April 22nd, 2011 at 9:32 pm

Hussein to view your sorry, I favor or oppose the government or anyone, but I do not disagree with the war, especially the “eight years that we have experienced it. make sure war are the only public man losses are not others …

16. Hamed-i'm iranian
    June 5th, 2011 at 9:02 am

oh. no. This is only a game environment. only a game environment.

17. sara
    July 13th, 2011 at 8:51 am

nice its a game and i saw tehran and i know tehran”if they show real tehran”is so beautiful and with this area we can play in a cool middle east city!
    the paris and new york are good cities.but i hate the arabian cities and arabian people and their foods:O
    but tehran is every time good,i love it!
    thanks by all!

• K@b00m
      September 12th, 2011 at 4:00 am

Oh please Sara, first go learn language then come here and start your raciest bull craps. learn to respect to be respected idiot

18. bryan
    July 14th, 2011 at 2:39 pm

aa, this is just a game! just a game and nothing to take it serious

just i’m wandering what is the game’s story?

19. lEgEnd
    July 26th, 2011 at 12:28 am

ohhh…this is not just a game!!!this is begun of a WAR!!
    dont u think?

20. Iranian Boy ....
    August 26th, 2011 at 11:21 pm

American re very inteligent ….. but you know many of my country people have died in war … the war which USA created and destroyed my country with the help of Saddam … thy could NOT to vanquish my nation and now ..They want to destroy our belifes …our proud …our religion …by showing the face of muslim people like Terrorisms … they make movies about this … like *300 * … But one daywe will show our real face ….real islaam … an islaam without being grabled by america …thank you …

21. MahanGM
    September 10th, 2011 at 5:02 pm

Hah ! It’s fuckin’ good huh? After many fuckin’ years a game placed in the fuckin’ Tehran. It aint good?

Anyway I hope they let the game to come in cuz I heard they want to block it.

22. farshid
    September 13th, 2011 at 7:18 pm

Hello to all my friends around the world. When I read the menu, you know that Iran’s real nice, peaceful, friendly, and loves all people in the world. We were good friends of King Cyrus, who said no one should be enslaved to anyone and no one should force anyone to say, all religions are respected and … I know that all Iranians are like everyone in the world.Iranians are not Arabs. And hate the Arabs. I hope they do not mistake my good friends. Iran’s biggest enemies are Arabs. America or Britain or Israel’s not enemy Iran, but Iranians are friends . We love you all.hopes of freedom iran.

• Yasmin
      October 25th, 2011 at 9:39 am

Dude it’s just a game! relaaaax! we don’t need to tell the world what kind of nation we are over a game! Did you see any Russian do the same about bad company 2? why do we need to turn everything personal and political. I’m just sick of it!

23. aidin
    October 1st, 2011 at 9:46 am

Hi.
    I realy dont have alot of information about EA s new opration but as an iranian i dont think the game should be blocked if the story is not against us .lot s of games happen all around the world and nothing happens. what would happen if there was no war ?

24. Hossein
    October 11th, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Tehran?
    Heh, this is ridiculous … it is clear from other manufacturers have targeted this game ….
    I like games that are displayed in Iraq and Pakistan, no.
    I am an Iaranian
    Death to the United States
    And the occupying regime of Qods

• Yasmin
      October 25th, 2011 at 9:17 am

What is wrong with you? we Iranians are not superior to any race or country. And this is just A GAME! grow up and just enjoy it.

• lol
        November 6th, 2011 at 4:50 am

cant u just stay fukin out of it Yasmin ?!
        its game or whateva bulshit
        no1 likes it as a reall Iranian, so i dunno ur an arab :) ) or a betrayer !

25. Chilean guy
    October 16th, 2011 at 8:25 pm

Rofl im diggin’ these comments “iranian guys”. We are so far from each other. Maybe the story is not against u guys but usually the maps (Iraq, iran, saudi arabia, sudan, oman, yemen etc) Rocks as scenarios for war and the other thing you have to understand is that i think USA is against Russia in this game not “insurgents” or “People liberty’s” armies so yeah chill out :>